• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ethnic Profiling

Should Ethnic Profiling Be Done?

• Definitely yes.

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • In some situations only.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The profile for mass murderers in the U.S. is white males. I'm cool with that - they are the ones who mostly do it. When they're on the trail of one, they look for a white male, they don't have to check out swedish grandmothers for political correctness.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Wow what's that? 45 Arabs? Congradulations: You still don't have a point!

How did you come up with 45.........we got a couple hundred of those scumbags in GITMO alone plus we have killed thousands in Afghanistan......

alphamale said:
The profile for mass murderers in the U.S. is white males. I'm cool with that - they are the ones who mostly do it. When they're on the trail of one, they look for a white male, they don't have to check out swedish grandmothers for political correctness.

exactly.......

alphamale said:

WHEN THEY ARE ON THE TRAIL...

Do they add extra suspicion to any white male that buys a hacksaw? No.

Navy Pride said:
If Arabs are running airplanes into our buildings that is who you profile.....

If we would cease giving Isreal 10 billion a year in so-called aid along with weapons that they use on Arabs, all this bullshit would stop.

They hate us because we help them.

alphamale said:

Actually it's not, for two reasons.

First you may have confused mass murder, which blacks represent approximately one third of the perpetrators (Which over represents their population standing), with serial killers. Serial killers generally are believed to be white, and Black serial killers are almost unheard of, but every once in a while one pops up, like the Baton Rouge serial killer. Most serial killers are never identified, much less apprehended.

There are two basic types of profiles, Inductive and Deductive. Neither is based solely on race for any crime. Usually for both mass and serial murders, the profile is deductive, based on forensic evidence and a study of individual offender victimology, to determine crime scene behavior patterns of the offender in order to determine the perpetrators characteristics.

Just because the race of an offender is generally known, it is of little help when creating a profile for a specific offender for a specific crime, except on TV. There are usually six components to a profile, race sometimes being but one of them.

The type of "profiling" we have all heard of in the news the past few years, such as when certain races were chosen for traffic stops is not "profiling" in the criminal justice sense, but rather it is discrimination. It's based loosely on "Inductive" profiling which mainly uses statistics of what others have done and not what a specific offender has done. This type of profiling is basically useless in apprehending a specific violator, but if used correctly is useful in selective enforcement of certain laws, but at the same time if it is used incorrectly, can be very discriminating.

scottyz said:
Are all Germans murderers because thousands of them participated in genocide?

Certainly not, but a little more scruitany is not accusing or charging them with anything, nor is it convicting them of anything.

Suppose the lives of you and your family were threatened by a Chinese man. Would it be unacceptable to take a little closer look at Chinese men on your street?

The current federal guidelines state that although religious, ethnic or racial stereotyping cannot be used, they can subject ethnic or racial groups to greater scrutiny if there is specific information that such people are preparing to commit a crime.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Prejudice is not what we should show Muslims. We want them to end anti-Americanism and extremism. So we shouldn't show them prejudice.

I want them to end anti-peopleism. I really could give a rats ass less if the muslims like us or not. You fit the profile open the backpack. If you have nothing you have nothing to worry about....

Gandhi>Bush said:

His point is Arabs are killing people throughout the globe interrorist strikes.

I think that there is no doubt that they are doing this very thing, and it only makes sense. Not only are the people around suspicious of the young Arabs, the police know who they are looking for, it's really no secret to anyone. Still, there is a way to do it that appears fair. You simply see an Arab in line, and you search a white woman, a black grandfather, and finally the Arab. It's kinda like a childrens show, or heck, any show these days, where you have the Asian, African, Indian, English person. Everyone is checked, and now are all equally feeling violated, everyone's happy........or pissed.:lol:

alphamale said:
Should ethnic profiling be used at airports, subways, etc by the authorities? (Do we even have to DIE in service to political correctness? Better shake down those grandmas from Iceland.)

Well if we got a tip that a bunch of grey-haired old ladies were plotting to commit terrorist acts because they were mad at SS reform would we be expected to search men of Arab decent just to make things equal?

Deegan said:
I think that there is no doubt that they are doing this very thing, and it only makes sense. Not only are the people around suspicious of the young Arabs, the police know who they are looking for, it's really no secret to anyone. Still, there is a way to do it that appears fair. You simply see an Arab in line, and you search a white woman, a black grandfather, and finally the Arab. It's kinda like a childrens show, or heck, any show these days, where you have the Asian, African, Indian, English person. Everyone is checked, and now are all equally feeling violated, everyone's happy........or pissed.:lol:
:agree I can not agree with you more. This happens anyway so just BS your way to the Arab guy and ask him to submit to a search. You have done it to everyone else why not him.

Old and wise said:
If we would cease giving Isreal 10 billion a year in so-called aid along with weapons that they use on Arabs, all this bullshit would stop.

They hate us because we help them.

Yeah, right...........Lets just let 100 million Arabs that surround Israel slaughter 20 million jews and push them into the sea..........

Radical Islam hates all non Moslems...They call us the infidels...........They want to kill us all..........When will you bleeding heart UBL apologists get that through your thick heads??????

In the history of the United States we have never faced a threat like terrorism........I hate to say it but I truly believe that sooner or later we will face a huge terrorist biological or chemical attack that will kill millions.......I wonder if you UBL apologists will still feel the same about the terrorist scumbag........

Desperate times require desperate measures.......Whatever it takes to keep us safe I am for it...........

Deegan said:

exactly, and I am sure that behind the scenes, security is scrutinizing the arab guy a lot more than the others, people, including the guy being checked, just don't need to know it is going on.

Also... checking everyone ensures that we cover all bases right? What if the terrorist slips a knife in the grandma's shoes or some shiit like that.

nkgupta80 said:
exactly, and I am sure that behind the scenes, security is scrutinizing the arab guy a lot more than the others, people, including the guy being checked, just don't need to know it is going on.

Also... checking everyone ensures that we cover all bases right? What if the terrorist slips a knife in the grandma's shoes or some shiit like that.

Check everyone but be extra careful when your checking Arabs

Gandhi>Bush said:

Why would you profile old ladies when old ladies are not doing what Arabs are doing, trying to kill us. They are Arabs that are doing that or are you trying to deny that fact?

scottyz said:
Are all Germans murderers because thousands of them participated in genocide?

No but we profiled them during WW2 so what is your point?

It's a red letter day! I agree with Navy Pride. Checking blue haired old ladies is a waste of time and resources. We know who is attacking us. We should check them thoroughly. If they don't like it they can help out by volunteering to help end the terrorists. They can infiltrate the terrorists plots. They could be interpriters (we still don't have enough).

galenrox said:
As it has been with every single other policy in the last five years, it oversimplifies the problem and thus comes out with the wrong answer. Just a bunch of hicks sitting around saying "We cant figger out anyting else dey got in common, but we no dat dair brown, lets just go after the brownies."
Racial profiling is moronic, and is just another case of people getting pissed off because they have to operate within certain rules, and they're too dumb to operate within these rules, so they want to change them to make it easier.

And allowing 15 arab muslims to board unchecked, while interogating "The Blue Hair Rotary Club" is a better way to go. Or should we just eliminate security altogether and make it a fly at your own risk type of thing?

Stinger said:
Why would you profile old ladies when old ladies are not doing what Arabs are doing, trying to kill us. They are Arabs that are doing that or are you trying to deny that fact?

Because to our left wing friends it is the politically correct thing to do even if it is stupid and makes no sense............

independent_thinker2002 said:
We know who is attacking us.
Why is it we are in Iraq and not Saudia Arabia then?

scottyz said:
Why is it we are in Iraq and not Saudia Arabia then?

Why should we be in SA? They did not invade their neighbor and violate 17 UN resolutions..................They can't be responsible for everything a rogue citizen does.............

Navy Pride said:
Why should we be in SA? They did not invade their neighbor and violate 17 UN resolutions..................They can't be responsible for everything a rogue citizen does.............
Because they flew planes into U.S. buildings perhaps? Because they fund the majority of terrorist activity against the U.S.

scottyz said:
Because they flew planes into U.S. buildings perhaps? Because they fund the majority of terrorist activity against the U.S.

Define "they".

Back
Top Bottom