• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ethnic Profiling

Should Ethnic Profiling Be Done?

• Definitely yes.

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • In some situations only.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Mark said:
I say Ethnic Profiling is not a bad thing, if you use it wisely.

Ok. Not ALL terrorists are arabs....but MANY of them are.

Therefore, it would be only prudent to check them (arabs) out with more care.

If they are not terrorists, I would hope that they would understand why they are being checked out more.
While your focusing completely on Arabs the McVeighs and Rudolphs of the world slip right by.

scottyz said:
While your focusing completely on Arabs the McVeighs and Rudolphs of the world slip right by.

I refer you to my post. Read it carefully. I said that "Therefore, it would be only prudent to check them (arabs) out with more care."

Note: I was in no way implying that we should ignore the non-arabs.

DeeJayH said:
to not understand the basic difference between insurgents and terrorists is sad
enemy of my enemy is my friend
Dude....doesn't Bush say almost every day:
"We're fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here"?

Are all of the insurgents terrorists? NO! Are there significant insurgents that are also terrorists? DAMN RIGHT THERE ARE.

To argue that they are not is totally absurd, crazy really.

DeeJayH said:
i actually consider Insurgents to mean Iraqi's
former ba'ath party members, former military of iraq, plain old decent folk who think we are invaders not liberators, etc.....
foriegn fighters and al-qaida operatives i would consider terrorists

but what do i know, i am a Floridiot

Even Floridiots can speak facts when well informed.....

There are two seperate enemies in Iraq.

1) Insurgency, who are there to kill Americans and to kill Iraqi civilians to scare them into submission. They have declared war on ALL Shi'ites. Once the insurgency declared that they fall under Al-Queda, they became terrorists. We already knew that their leadership was Al-Queda. Incidentally, the leadership for the insurgency in Iraq was also waging war and slaughtering civilians in Sudan through the 90's.

2) Local Sunni (Former Baath Party loyalists who long for the old days), who are fighting Americans and Iraq military.

They were never considered to be "together" as one force, but in the last couple months, the Insurgency and the Local Sunni who have were collaberating, have not been seeing eye to eye. They have been fighting (fire fights) sporatically and do not agree with the slaughtering of Iraqi civilians, no matter what sect they are.

By the way...I'm a born Floridiot, myself.

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Dude....doesn't Bush say almost every day:
"We're fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here"?

Are all of the insurgents terrorists? NO! Are there significant insurgents that are also terrorists? DAMN RIGHT THERE ARE.

To argue that they are not is totally absurd, crazy really.

we are fighting terrorists there so we dont have to fight them here
we are fighting insurgents there because they are remnants of the Saddam regime and just plain old anti american
all you hear about is the suicide bombers, not all the gun battles
suicide bombers attacking innocents = terrorists
natives fighting 'invaders' = insurgents

1)we are fighting terrorists there so we dont have to fight them here
2)we are fighting insurgents there because they are remnants of the Saddam regime and just plain old anti american
all you hear about is the suicide bombers, not all the gun battles
suicide bombers attacking innocents = terrorists
natives fighting 'invaders' = insurgents

(bolds by me)

1) :bs You assume in this statement that all terrorist are in Iraq. False assumption. If we were really fighting them over there, we would be in Iran, we would be in the Kingdom, we would be in Yemen and Syria, we wouldn't be in Iraq. True, there are terrorists in Iraq, and some are foriegn fighters, but i would say that the majority are just radicals from in country.

2) I would disagree on your second point. They may be fighting us because they are "anti-american", but we are fighting them because they are a threat to regional stability. If we were fighting most of them because they are "anti-american" we would be all over the world kicking people ass (especially Europe).

On the last part you are correct, although i would argue with your sarcastic use of "invaders". We ARE invaders. We are not a native body and thus cannot be considered anything but an invading force. Whether you see us as liberators or not we INVADED. Hence we are and will continue to be invaders in Iraq, for better or for worse.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
(bolds by me)

1) :bs You assume in this statement that all terrorist are in Iraq. False assumption. If we were really fighting them over there, we would be in Iran, we would be in the Kingdom, we would be in Yemen and Syria, we wouldn't be in Iraq. True, there are terrorists in Iraq, and some are foriegn fighters, but i would say that the majority are just radicals from in country.

2) I would disagree on your second point. They may be fighting us because they are "anti-american", but we are fighting them because they are a threat to regional stability. If we were fighting most of them because they are "anti-american" we would be all over the world kicking people ass (especially Europe).

On the last part you are correct, although i would argue with your sarcastic use of "invaders". We ARE invaders. We are not a native body and thus cannot be considered anything but an invading force. Whether you see us as liberators or not we INVADED. Hence we are and will continue to be invaders in Iraq, for better or for worse.

1 i did not mean to imply that the terrorists were in Iraq. but they are flooding into Iraq. better there than here

2 I did not say we were fighting them because they were anti-american
i said they are fighting us because they are anti-american. they dont believe we are liberators, but conquerors, and as such, they are defending their homeland. they are wrong, but they are caught up in this battle as well

scottyz said:

So were going to compare 2 men and a couple incidents to numerous incidents around the GLOBE and 1000's of people killed, murdered, executed and tortured..... not going to the back of the drawer for that one are ya....I'll worry about the domestic terrorist when I have the international ones under foot.

The Mark said:
I say Ethnic Profiling is not a bad thing, if you use it wisely.

Ok. Not ALL terrorists are arabs....but MANY of them are.

Therefore, it would be only prudent to check them (arabs) out with more care.

If they are not terrorists, I would hope that they would understand why they are being checked out more.

Sorry if this repeats any discussions, I didn't feel like spending the time to read all the posts, as alot of them seemed to be a few people telling each other how their logic didn't make any sense.

Actually they pretty much are all arabs and or muslims. But if your going to profile for terrorist using the history over the past decade. You are definetly looking for young arab muslim males. Although the occasional female is getting into the act now. They may not be good enough to walk in public, but they can blow themselves up in the middle of a group of school children with the best of them

DeeJayH said:
1 i did not mean to imply that the terrorists were in Iraq. but they are flooding into Iraq. better there than here

2 I did not say we were fighting them because they were anti-american
i said they are fighting us because they are anti-american. they dont believe we are liberators, but conquerors, and as such, they are defending their homeland. they are wrong, but they are caught up in this battle as well

Actually, if they were defending their homeland, we would be fighting Shi'ites also. Though there has been minor altercations with a few shi'ites, the overwhelming majority of local fighters are Sunni. The local Sunni fighters are fighting because they do not want an equal Iraq. They have been "large and in charge" over Shi'ites and Kurds for over thirty years under Saddam's rule. This is the same group that has had sporadic fire fights over the last couple months with the insurgency over killing civilians. This is the same group that boycotted the elections earlier in the year. They are the same group that have been voicing opposition to this Constitution and they are the same group that will cause trouble if (hopefully) it is passed. There is a lot of racism involved with them. You could draw comparisons to what occurred here in the States during the Civil Rights Movement when blacks and whites clashed on the streets.

Should ethnic profiling be used at airports, subways, etc by the authorities? (Do we even have to DIE in service to political correctness? Better shake down those grandmas from Iceland.)

Dam nstraight we should profile,screw all this political correct bitch nonsense.

I think Americans need to start growing a pair and stopping those who fit the profile instead of acting like sensitive women.

jamesrage said:
Dam nstraight we should profile,screw all this political correct bitch nonsense.

I think Americans need to start growing a pair and stopping those who fit the profile instead of acting like sensitive women.

Racist AND Sexist... Wow.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Racist AND Sexist... Wow.

HJe does have a pint...........Some issues you can be PC on but terrorisms is not one of them............

Navy Pride said:
HJe does have a pint...........Some issues you can be PC on but terrorisms is not one of them............

You're absolutely right. In this case, we have to associate sensitivity to weakness and associate weakness with women.

He doens't have a pint or point....................

Gandhi>Bush said:
You're absolutely right. In this case, we have to associate sensitivity to weakness and associate weakness with women.

He doens't have a pint or point....................

generally speaking, women are weaker and more sensitive than man
each sex should embrace their differences instead of being so concerned with considering them the same

MORE PC BULLSH!T

DeeJayH said:
generally speaking, women are weaker and more sensitive than man
each sex should embrace their differences instead of being so concerned with considering them the same

MORE PC BULLSH!T

:bs. I'm throwing up the bs flag again because you are basically repeating the arguement that because women are "more sensitive" they are weaker as well. More sensitive does not necessarily translate into not wanting to racially profile. I think spouting anti-liberal propaganda on this issue is more appropriate. Women may be generally physical weaker than men, but this a mental toughness issue, and believe you me, I know some tough, mean ass bitches when it comes to this stuff. This isnt PC bullshit, it's the refutation of a flawed relation.

DeeJayH said:

So we're using the armed forces as a large scale decoy? Our entire WOT is based on the FLY ZAPPER?! Wow, no wonder we're doing so well at wiping out terrorism.

DeeJayH said:
generally speaking, women are weaker and more sensitive than man each sex should embrace their differences instead of being so concerned with considering them the same
Lol.... you've obviously never spent any time in an Israeli kibbutzim.

George_Washington said:
Not true, my mom is pretty tough!

there you all go
looking at the world through a microscope
you can find exceptions to just about any rule

the rule is true
women are weaker, women are more emotional
some women may be butch-er, where as some men are more affeminite
some men are girly men, and some women are cold as ice
but they are not the norm

DeeJayH said:
there you all go
looking at the world through a microscope
you can find exceptions to just about any rule

the rule is true
women are weaker, women are more emotional
some women may be butch-er, where as some men are more affeminite
some men are girly men, and some women are cold as ice
but they are not the norm

Are we talking about physical strength?

Does it matter the character traits of a butch woman, or an effeminate male, because if their strapped with explosives, the only thing you can do, is bend over, stick your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye. This thread has gone way off the beaten path. Racial (or ethnic) profiling has been done throughout the ages. When Susan Smith claimed a black man hijacked her car, with her babies inside it, did the police keep a watchful eye on white women? Nope, they didn't. They didn't run out and search every black male they could find, but they most certainly were looking for ones matching a description she provided, including the car. I'm sure black males with the make, model, and color car she said was 'jacked were stopped. Is that illegal? Or were the police simply following a lead in the case.

I work for the state of PA.. all of us have to be searched, especially now, considering people are leaving briefcases and suitcases in front of hotels, and Clorox bottles with rags sticking out of them in front of government buildings. Downtown Harrisburg in the last month has seen the Bomb Squad and Haz mat teams 4 times. And if over the course of the investigation, a black male was seen placing a bottle with a rag out in front of a building, are some of you saying the police would be wrong to focus in on black males?

He doens't have a pint or point................

The way I look at it if you are a male and you want to be a woman do so at home or go to prison so you can be someone's bitch,however when it comes to handling terrorism the men need to act like men instead of like scared little sissys.

The terrorist will look for a sign weakness and all the ******s screaming that war never solved a thing are only encouraging the terrorist to attack us.

Last edited:
jamesrage said:
The way I look at it if you are a male and you want to be a woman do so at home or go to prison so you can be someone's bitch,however when it comes to handling terrorism the men need to act like men instead of like scared little sissys.

You don't find anything about what you said to be incredibly sexist?

The terrorist will look for a sign weakness and all the ******s screaming that war never solved a thing are only encouraging the terrorist to attack us.

I think it's more accurate to say that people who think war does solve problems are only encouraging the terrorists to attack us.

debate_junkie said:
Does it matter the character traits of a butch woman, or an effeminate male, because if their strapped with explosives, the only thing you can do, is bend over, stick your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye. This thread has gone way off the beaten path. Racial (or ethnic) profiling has been done throughout the ages. When Susan Smith claimed a black man hijacked her car, with her babies inside it, did the police keep a watchful eye on white women? Nope, they didn't. They didn't run out and search every black male they could find, but they most certainly were looking for ones matching a description she provided, including the car. I'm sure black males with the make, model, and color car she said was 'jacked were stopped. Is that illegal? Or were the police simply following a lead in the case.

So from then on did we assume that all black people had a hijacked car in their garage with a baby inside. Were all black people thought to be car jackers and kidnappers?

You don't find anything about what you said to be incredibly sexist?

You do not think you sound like a little girl?

I think it's more accurate to say that people who think war does solve problems are only encouraging the terrorists to attack us.

SO I guess those people were idiots for stopping hitler.
I guess the civil war was just absolutly wrong

If we had people like Patton around the terrorist would be too scared to attack us.
If we had a little bitch like Gandhi running things we would have been ran over by the enemy long before this country even existed.

Back
Top Bottom