• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter, take it private

You seem to be confused about what free speech is... What it is not is a license to indoctrinate children.

Ah, so there is a limit to "free" speech. It's not actually the right to say what you want.

So educate me on exactly what free speech is to you.

Good then it will all come rushing back just who he is and how he acts!!!! Best think for Dems is to have Trump back in the spotlight.
We know the left is terrified of Trump.
That is why they have been trying to get him jailed. But the fools fail every attempt.

A post so full of bull crap it's stinking up the place. They banned Trump because they did not like his poltics! They banned political speech.
And then you follow up your ***** showing your love for that 1 person with a lie about why Donald Trump was banned from Twitter. He most definitely violated their terms of service and was banned for that. You don't have to lie about it. You just choose to.

It's an example. Would you like to see someone like that lose her teaching job or be allowed to say whatever she wants?
So you don't know anyone like that. Noted.

Canada doesn't know anything about free speech, so why are you lecturing us?
We are a country of laws. You break the law you pay the price.....you don't get to hide behind free speech. Let's face it the right only likes the freedom of choice and freedom of speech when it aligns with their choices and their opinions.

We know the left is terrified of Trump.
That is why they have been trying to get him jailed. But the fools fail every attempt.

LOL... The left kicked Trumps ass in Nov 2020.. Why the hell would we be afraid of him?

Liberals kicking out conservatives every time their feewings get hurt.
Ah! You're pissed trump's Twitter account was deleted. You don't think the same thing would happen, now that Musk holds the majority interest. Please tell us why Musk would rewrite Twitter's TOS? I'm even more excited to see your next answer than I was to your last post.

Exactly, and I noted those (legal) exceptions.
The exceptions are not just legal exceptions, There all types of legitimate limits on "free speech". Some conservatives throw around free speech like they throw around woke! They just like the sound of it.

I have my doubts on Musk pulling this off, but it would sure be entertaining if he does. The exodus from the platform would be historic.
It would be an opportunity for another billionaire or another huge company to come along and create a different Twitter that all the sane people would flock to. I bet certain people are already licking their lips.

LOL... The left kicked Trumps ass in Nov 2020.. Why the hell would we be afraid of him?

At least you admit that Joe “Where am I?” Biden represents “the left”. ;)

So you don't know anyone like that. Noted.

Okay not sex but the boogeyman that is "CRT" or commenting on social media about parents. Point is - you claim to be all about "free" speech but even you want limits to "free" speech.

Ah, so there is a limit to "free" speech. It's not actually the right to say what you want.

Of course there are limits... Is this something you didn't know?

So educate me on exactly what free speech is to you.
I have neither the time or inclination to teach you things you should already know... I recommend your local community college... I'm sure they have civics course you can enroll in.

Liberals kicking out conservatives every time their feewings get hurt.
It's actually pretty easy. Just don't violate the terms of service.

It's a double win. Then we don't have to listen to you guys cry.

Beautiful! Liberals better start quaking in their boots. :ROFLMAO:

I hope he buys it. Or rather, I don't care. Twitter is garbage. And if a right-winger manages it, it will fail faster.

The exceptions are not just legal exceptions, There all types of legitimate limits on "free speech". Some conservatives throw around free speech like they throw around woke! They just like the sound of it.

The horror! Did some really mean spirited conservative accuse you of *gasp* being woke? ;)

Of course there are limits... Is this something you didn't know?

I have neither the time or inclination to teach you things you should already know... I recommend your local community college... I'm sure they have civics course you can enroll in.

Ah, so you don't even have a quick philosophy on what you personally think freedom of speech is. You need others to do it for you, eh?

“If the condition lasts more than four hours, seek medical help!”

And then you follow up your ***** showing your love for that 1 person with a lie about why Donald Trump was banned from Twitter. He most definitely violated their terms of service and was banned for that. You don't have to lie about it. You just choose to.
Their terms of service allow them to interpret things any damn way they want. Elon wants to end that arbitrary shit.

Conservatives know, but they refuse to admit just how dangerous many on their side of the fence have become.

The FBI has said many times recently the biggest domestic terrorism threat are the far RW groups.

Many use social media to push their agenda and hate. But when they get banned according to Cons it's Twitter, FB, etc. being unfair to Cons. If Cons admitted there was a problem and held their own accountable, then maybe Twitter and FB wouldn't have to police these hate filled RW groups.

Back
Top Bottom