• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren is ready – in more ways than one

You can certainly fool the Republicans; much less certain is whether the same is true for the population at large.

Beyond that though, yes, bottom line: money in politics needs to be curtailed if the integrity of democracy is valued.

Well I used to be pretty biased.
Then I started to read about internal bias and learned to try to suppress it and try to view things objectively as possible.
Came to some conclusions, democracy is not an uncontested good, there is no current "good" party and I'll probably never vote again in my life.

Well I used to be pretty biased.
Then I started to read about internal bias and learned to try to suppress it and try to view things objectively as possible.
Came to some conclusions, democracy is not an uncontested good, there is no current "good" party and I'll probably never vote again in my life.

Good work on the bias. After all, the unexamined life is not worth living.

Perhaps you can look into suppressing your cynicism next.

No whining. A statement of fact. Liz and Hillary are both proven liars.

But it's still not my job nor the subject of this thread.

Meh. You made a statement. I commented on that statement.

It's how discussion boards work.

Not my problem if you can't deal with that.

People have to stop giving me reasons to not be cynical.
Example, this election.

Generally happy, politics tends to depress.

I used to be pretty biased as well; I am less biased now, and it was hard to leave many of those biases behind, but it's a process, one I realize will never be fully accomplished.

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

Well for starters she can help Clinton win the White House by bringing a lot of Bernie supporters to the fold. She'll also be an excellent attack dog on the campaign trail. I think you overestimate the pull that one Senator has. Her voice is more important than her vote, and as vice president she'll have potentially an even louder voice. I think unlike many VP candidates in the past a Warren VP might also have a little more pull and influence as a straight policy advisory to Clinton.

The only real fear is that once again Mass. could elect a republican to take her open seat in a special election, but I don't think that's as likely to happen as it did before with Ted Kennedy's seat because unlike Kennedy, Warren is still alive to help campaign for a replacement.

This also potentially gives her an excellent avenue to run for president herself some day. I've said from the very beginning when people were trying to convince her to run for president that the reason she wasn't willing to do it is because she knew Hillary Clinton was going to run, and she didn't want to usurp her again the way Obama did in 08. I think her plan all along was to try and sneak onto the coat tails of Hillary's run, and then run herself in 2024.

Two women on the ticket would certainly be historic, but I don't see it.

If you think she's a liar then odds are the only ammunition you have is the American Indian thing, a dead position you can't defend. And if that is in fact your position, then you were so far gone to the polar right end of the political spectrum that a thousand blowjobs by the Swedish Bikini Team couldn't have convinced you to vote for her.

1. She did, in fact, falsely claim to be Native American for professional advancement
2. I wouldn't vote for her regardless, but I'm still down for that experiment. In the name of Science.

1. She did, in fact, falsely claim to be Native American for professional advancement
2. I wouldn't vote for her regardless, but I'm still down for that experiment. In the name of Science.

I think most of us would be down for that experiment. Do you have a link for the false claim of being an American Indian?

I think most of us would be down for that experiment.

I volunteered first!

Do you have a link for the false claim of being an American Indian?

You seriously missed the whole Harvard thing?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I volunteered first!

You seriously missed the whole Harvard thing?

No I did not. I'm asking for a link of the claim being false, to be exact.

No I did not. I'm asking for a link of the claim being false, to be exact.
I gotcha. I'm on my phone right now, but I'm surprised at the claim. Does this end with a Clinton-esque "well she hasn't been convicted, and you can't prove she lied on purpose, so..." defense?

I gotcha. I'm on my phone right now, can but I'm surprised at the claim. Does this end with a Clinton-esque "well she hasn't been convicted, so..." defense?

Ssssort of.....but not quite. You'll understand when I get there. First things first, I'd like to see the basis for the claim being false.

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

While it's true that she can be the tie breaker in a Senate Vote, as Senator she has sat on the...
  • Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
  • Subcommittee on Economic Policy (Ranking Member)
  • Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
  • Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
  • Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
  • Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
  • Special Committee on Aging
  • United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
  • United States Senate Energy Subcommittee on Energy

All of which carries a fantastic amount of influence.

The only practical consideration I can imagine is she feels that Trump is a legitimate threat and her addition to the ticket would help counter that possibility.

Elizabeth Warren is ready -- in more ways than one | MSNBC

She showed up for a few meetings.................big effing deal.

I fail to see anything that Warren, a proven liar, could add to the ticket that would help Hillary, a proven liar.

Just a wild guess. You support Trump?

Just a wild guess. You support Trump?

Actually you are incorrect. It's not a wild guess.

More accurately, I absolutely will not vote for Hillary.

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President.

I agree that she could do more in the Senate instead of being "hidden away" as VP.

Personally, I am still not thrilled with the NA lying thing, but seriously, if that's the biggest flaw then she's still light years ahead of pretty much anybody else. I note that those who bring that up most often also don't present the perfect alternate candidate. Maybe because the perfect candidate doesn't exist? :shrug:

I agree that she could do more in the Senate instead of being "hidden away" as VP.

Personally, I am still not thrilled with the NA lying thing, but seriously, if that's the biggest flaw then she's still light years ahead of pretty much anybody else. I note that those who bring that up most often also don't present the perfect alternate candidate. Maybe because the perfect candidate doesn't exist? :shrug:

Oh ffs not you too...

Back
Top Bottom