• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren is ready – in more ways than one

Good point. Two Alpha Females in the same room, with #2 more popular than #1? That would be a level of ugly no amount of media bias could hide. No way Clinton picks Warren, IMO.

Clinton ALONE is a pretty mean level of ugly.

hillary-clinton-old-hag-7.jpg

I think for a 69 year old woman...she is rather attractive.

728233_25269_114.jpg

I see you post a picture of a wolf rather than one of yourself. You must be a beauty, right?

So because Genealogical Society doesn't accept her claim...she's lying. Is that your position?

In any case, if lying disqualified one from being VP, then Trump wouldn't qualify to bag my groceries. Matter of fact, I'd probably check my groceries just to be sure he didn't swipe anything.

You'd also probably vote for Rachel Dolezal, the "I'm black because I got a fake tan and permed my hair" nutbag.

Questions about Warren's character aren't limited to why she claimed to be an Aryan-looking Native American.

Warren also represented a major steel company while she was a Harvard Professor, in a case where the steel company was being sued by employees who were made deathly ill working for the company. But wait.. isn't it her claim to fame that she is a tireless fighter for the common man and woman? Why would such a person take compensation to help a company avoid paying damages to it's employees who were made disabled by working there?

And we certainly cannot have someone serve as Vice President (or President) who has lied!

What do you guys eat to cause you to make these preposterous arguments?

Politics aside, if I met a white lady who carried on about being a native American, while having blonde hair & blue eyes, I would think she was nuts. I wouldn't want such a person to babysit my nieces and nephews. Yet you Dems are so confused that you think a person with a personality disorder like Warren has, should be VP!

Yeah, but Frank... you're 95, so just breathing is still attractive. ;)

I'll only be 80 in early August, Radcen.

But I will acknowledge that waking up...and breathing...are both attractive.

I'll only be 80 in early August, Radcen.

But I will acknowledge that waking up...and breathing...are both attractive.

Ah 80. A good time to move on, don't you think?

I've never stopped "moving on" Mason.

What are you suggesting?

You have never seen "Harold And Maude"

"I'll be 80 next week. Good time to move on, don't you think?"

It is a quote from the movie.

You have never seen "Harold And Maude"

"I'll be 80 next week. Good time to move on, don't you think?"

It is a quote from the movie.

Oh...no I've never seen the movie.

When yer 80...you gotta move on. Let any grass grow under you...it will soon be growing over you, if you get my drift.

Oh...no I've never seen the movie.

When yer 80...you gotta move on. Let any grass grow under you...it will soon be growing over you, if you get my drift.

Here is what happened on Maudes 80th birthday. Great movie. I know every line.

You'd also probably vote for Rachel Dolezal, the "I'm black because I got a fake tan and permed my hair" nutbag.

Questions about Warren's character aren't limited to why she claimed to be an Aryan-looking Native American.

Warren also represented a major steel company while she was a Harvard Professor, in a case where the steel company was being sued by employees who were made deathly ill working for the company. But wait.. isn't it her claim to fame that she is a tireless fighter for the common man and woman? Why would such a person take compensation to help a company avoid paying damages to it's employees who were made disabled by working there?

So because the Genealogical Society doesn't accept her claim...she's lying. Is that your position?

My position is that she's a liar, yes.

I'm asking if that's your reason for determining that she's a liar.

So far, everyone who's called her a liar has no very good reason for arriving at that conclusion. They've taken one "Don't know, couldn't say one way or the other" by a genealogical institution and said, "Good enough for me! She's a liar!"

Is that all you saw? Seriously?

And I'm sorry if my being uncomfortable with a lie somehow offends you, but I also qualified it and clearly stated it's not the end of the world.

(I'm not really sorry, I'm just being polite.)

Do you even understand why you think she's a liar for the na thing?

So far, everyone who's called her a liar has no very good reason for arriving at that conclusion. They've taken one "Don't know, couldn't say one way or the other" by a genealogical institution and said, "Good enough for me! She's a liar!"

READ ...

" In late April, the Boston Herald reported that in the 1990s, Harvard Law School – where Warren began teaching in 1992 and was granted tenure in 1995 – touted the Democrat’s Native American background as part of an effort to boost its diversity hiring record. Warren’s campaign said she didn’t bring up her heritage before Harvard hired her and that her background came out through later conversations.

The next week, Warren acknowledged listing herself as a minority in a directory of law professors. The directory included her on a list of minority professors from 1985 to 1996, the Boston Globe reported. Warren said she listed herself as a minority because she wanted to connect with “people for whom native American is part of their heritage and part of their hearts.”

Elizabeth Warren, in her own words, admitted to lying for 11 years about being a native American.

The genealogical society's findings back up her own words stating that she lied about being Native American.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ht-over-elizabeth-warrens-heritage-explained/

READ ...

" In late April, the Boston Herald reported that in the 1990s, Harvard Law School – where Warren began teaching in 1992 and was granted tenure in 1995 – touted the Democrat’s Native American background as part of an effort to boost its diversity hiring record. Warren’s campaign said she didn’t bring up her heritage before Harvard hired her and that her background came out through later conversations.

The next week, Warren acknowledged listing herself as a minority in a directory of law professors. The directory included her on a list of minority professors from 1985 to 1996, the Boston Globe reported. Warren said she listed herself as a minority because she wanted to connect with “people for whom native American is part of their heritage and part of their hearts.”

Elizabeth Warren, in her own words, admitted to lying for 11 years about being a native American.

The genealogical society's findings back up her own words stating that she lied about being Native American.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ht-over-elizabeth-warrens-heritage-explained/

Oh, my god. A person who has told a lie wanting to be an American politician.

Why have we fallen so far?

Do you guys have no shame at all?

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

While it's true that she can be the tie breaker in a Senate Vote, as Senator she has sat on the...
  • Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
  • Subcommittee on Economic Policy (Ranking Member)
  • Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
  • Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
  • Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
  • Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
    [*]Special Committee on Aging
  • United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
  • United States Senate Energy Subcommittee on Energy

All of which carries a fantastic amount of influence.

The only practical consideration I can imagine is she feels that Trump is a legitimate threat and her addition to the ticket would help counter that possibility.

Elizabeth Warren is ready -- in more ways than one | MSNBC

There is a special committee on aging? What a load of bollocks. We all age.

What's next?

A special committee on eating? A special committee on breathing? A Special committee on bowel movements?

:roll:

Why not have a Special Committee on Useless Committee's?

Just call it what it is...a group of useless Senators who want to appear concerned about seniors so as to get their votes.

A Committee on Aging... :rofl

Last edited:
Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President.

What has she been doing as a Senator?

So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

Run for president.

She is a major politician.

If you do NOT assume she is a liar, you are, IMO, staggeringly naive...no offense intended.

My guess is she lies less then most in her position. But to assume she is honest is laughable to me.

Imo, one should always assume EVERYTHING a politician says is a lie until they prove it is not.

In this case, it is guilty until proven innocent.

Oh, my god. A person who has told a lie wanting to be an American politician.

Why have we fallen so far?

Do you guys have no shame at all?

Can you fathom that Warren lying about her ethnicity for 11 years is not the same as telling a minor lie? It provides insight to her core being, she is either deeply dishonest, or mentally ill.

Back
Top Bottom