• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren is ready – in more ways than one

I think Clinton needs help with a few demographics and geographics. She needs a running mate that is more progressive than she is, but not so far left that Independents and Moderate Republicans stay at home. It needs to be a male, preferably a white male, making the ticket more palatable to white men since they seem to hate her with a pink and purple passion, although I suspect the "male" part is more important than the ethnicity.

This male needs to be the popular governor of a cross-over state that she needs to win. Choosing a popular democratic senator would be fine, providing that senator comes from a state with a democratic governor that would choose a permanent replacement rather than a state where the governor's choice is temporary and a separate election is held. A governor would be better, because the democrats can't afford to lose a single senate seat.

Lots of talking heads on tv are excited by the prospect of an all-woman ticket. They keeping asking if the country is ready for that. In my opinion, no it is not. A huge swath of voters are not ready for a woman president at all. Only the fact that a complete buffoon like Trump is running gives her a fighting chance, with all the slanderous crap that's been thrown at Clinton walls over the past decades. Any other candidate with her accomplishments and experience would be a shoo-in against Trump.

Anyway, that is how I see the options at this point. We'll find out soon enough how she sees them.

Again, why do people think someone will just vote for Hillary because of her VP? Men are not just going to roll over and vote for her because she has a male VP. Hillary is a man hating bitch that proves this fact quite often. Recently she proved this fact once again with her stupid ad campaign to appeal to men. How did she do it? Well, she decided to play the man card guilt tripe with the stupid line "I'm man enough to vote for a woman". Oh right, the reason I'm not supporting you Hillary is because I'm not man enough. :roll: **** you, Hillary.

Elizabeth Warren is ready – in more ways than one

i like Warren. however, Clinton needs a running mate from a swing state. Warren represents Massachusetts, which is not in play. i'd probably vote for her if she ran for president in the future, though.

i'd advise her to stay out of the slap fight with Trump, though. she'd do better to minimize her trading of barbs with him. he's a joke candidate, and his insults are not worthy of response.

Oh ffs not you too...
Is that all you saw? Seriously?

And I'm sorry if my being uncomfortable with a lie somehow offends you, but I also qualified it and clearly stated it's not the end of the world.

(I'm not really sorry, I'm just being polite.)

Last edited:
If you think she's a liar then odds are the only ammunition you have is the American Indian thing, a dead position you can't defend. And if that is in fact your position, then you were so far gone to the polar right end of the political spectrum that a thousand blowjobs by the Swedish Bikini Team couldn't have convinced you to vote for her.

Wait a second Cardinal. From the Boston Herald.

“Being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born,” said Warren, who never mentioned her Native American heritage on the campaign trail even as she detailed much of her personal history to voters in speeches, statements and a video. “These are my family stories, I have lived in a family that has talked about Native American and talked about tribes since I was a little girl.”

Warren’s statements come as genealogists at the New England Historic Genealogical Society were unable to back up earlier accounts that her great great great grandmother is Cherokee. While Warren’s great great great grandmother, named O.C. Sarah Smith, is listed on a electronic transcript of a 1894 marriage application as Cherokee, the genealogists are unable to find the actual record or a photograhic copy of it, Society spokesman Tom Champoux said. A copy of the marriage license itself has been located, but unlike the application, it does not list Smith’s ethnicity."

https://web.archive.org/web/2012050...arren_i_used_minority_listing_to_make_friends

You think that someone who lies about being a member of an oppressed people is VP material?

Why should this story just go away? Aren't we entitled to hear about her character if she is possibly going to be Vice President of the United States?

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

While it's true that she can be the tie breaker in a Senate Vote, as Senator she has sat on the...
  • Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
  • Subcommittee on Economic Policy (Ranking Member)
  • Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
  • Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
  • Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
  • Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
  • Special Committee on Aging
  • United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
  • United States Senate Energy Subcommittee on Energy

All of which carries a fantastic amount of influence.

The only practical consideration I can imagine is she feels that Trump is a legitimate threat and her addition to the ticket would help counter that possibility.

Elizabeth Warren is ready -- in more ways than one | MSNBC

I wonder why Clinton would choose a VP that was better qualified than herself. That would just make impeachment even more enticing than it already is. I would have thought a poison pill VP more appealing to her.

“Being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born,” said Warren, who never mentioned her Native American heritage on the campaign trail even as she detailed much of her personal history to voters in speeches, statements and a video. “These are my family stories, I have lived in a family that has talked about Native American and talked about tribes since I was a little girl.”

Warren’s statements come as genealogists at the New England Historic Genealogical Society were unable to back up earlier accounts that her great great great grandmother is Cherokee. While Warren’s great great great grandmother, named O.C. Sarah Smith, is listed on a electronic transcript of a 1894 marriage application as Cherokee, the genealogists are unable to find the actual record or a photograhic copy of it, Society spokesman Tom Champoux said. A copy of the marriage license itself has been located, but unlike the application, it does not list Smith’s ethnicity."

https://web.archive.org/web/2012050...arren_i_used_minority_listing_to_make_friends

You think that someone who lies about being a member of an oppressed people is VP material?

Why should this story just go away? Aren't we entitled to hear about her character if she is possibly going to be Vice President of the United States?

And we certainly cannot have someone serve as Vice President (or President) who has lied!

What do you guys eat to cause you to make these preposterous arguments?

2012. Surely you have something relevant. You seem to love that word.

2012 happened before you were born or something? It's pretty current.

I think there is no chance Warren is VP nominee. I think it will be Tim Kaine or, if she's betting on cheap appeal to latinos and young people, Julian Castro. If it is a woman, I think it's more likely to be Jeanne Shaheen (first female to be both governor and senator) or Amy Klobuchar.

Last edited:
Warren would be a fool to take the VP spot and Clinton would be a fool to offer it to her. Hillary is not an ideologically rigid leftist the way Warren is and is probably already annoyed by Warrens angry, hate-filled rants as many of the rest of us are. Warren is nasty and unpleasant and I am sure Hillary doesn't want her questioning her every move. Besides, she doesn't need Warren to beat Trump. Shes got the fringe left sown up already. She needs people to think she will be a steady, moderate, calming presence in the White House as opposed to Trumps combative, volitile nature.

Warren would be a fool to take the VP spot and Clinton would be a fool to offer it to her. Hillary is not an ideologically rigid leftist the way Warren is and is probably already annoyed by Warrens angry, hate-filled rants as many of the rest of us are. Warren is nasty and unpleasant and I am sure Hillary doesn't want her questioning her every move. Besides, she doesn't need Warren to beat Trump. Shes got the fringe left sown up already. She needs people to think she will be a steady, moderate, calming presence in the White House as opposed to Trumps combative, volitile nature.

Don't you think there would also be a massive clash of egos as well? I would think the ideal running mate would have to be agreeable to a doormat role in a Clinton White House. I don't see Warren as being willing to feel Clintons feet being wiped on her on a regular basis - Warrren has her own ambitions that would not be served in such a role.

Don't you think there would also be a massive clash of egos as well? I would think the ideal running mate would have to be agreeable to a doormat role in a Clinton White House. I don't see Warren as being willing to feel Clintons feet being wiped on her on a regular basis - Warrren has her own ambitions that would not be served in such a role.

Yes, absolutely. And VP is not a good platform for Warren to spout her nonsense. She will be reading from the Clinton script, not the Warren script and her ego may not allow her to do that. And Hillary may not wish to share the stage with her for the next four years either.

It is? I thought she was making a face and doing quite a good job of it, in fact.

Jesus, Jo. Take another look at the photoshopped picture.

And then actually read the words.

So because Genealogical Society doesn't accept her claim...she's lying. Is that your position?

In any case, if lying disqualified one from being VP, then Trump wouldn't qualify to bag my groceries. Matter of fact, I'd probably check my groceries just to be sure he didn't swipe anything.

Last edited:
Because of the ego thing I think Hillary would be less inclined to even ask. In many ways, Warren is more popular than she is right now.

So, you advocate that almost all positions be left empty?

Because of the ego thing I think Hillary would be less inclined to even ask. In many ways, Warren is more popular than she is right now.

Good point. Two Alpha Females in the same room, with #2 more popular than #1? That would be a level of ugly no amount of media bias could hide. No way Clinton picks Warren, IMO.

After thinking about this since yesterday, I don't think Warren will be offered the VP, and for these two reasons, in this order...

1) Strategic. As some have pointed out, they will pick someone from a different part of the country that will help in possibly carrying an important key swing state.

2) Hillary's ego. #1 notwithstanding, I don't believe she will tolerate being the #2 on her ticket in popularity. Which could make #1 somewhat difficult, but ego is a strange creature.

Warren wouldn't be a good pick. She is from the North East, and Hillary already has that part of the country locked-up. I warrant a minority from, say, Texas might be a better fit. It would be outstanding if Hillary won Texas.

Clinton's problems aren't geographic. They're ideological. That is why someone like Warren (it does not have to be her) is a necessity. She has to cover her left flank.

Back
Top Bottom