• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EgyptAir Flight MS804 Disappears en Route From Paris to Cairo

Looking at the graphics of those that posted the flight path/alt/speed, is it normal to see a gradual acceleration throughout the flight once optimal height has been reached?

Interesting that most passengers were Egyptian, but France had the second highest number of passengers on board. Certainly keeps the idea of terrorism in my mind, especially considering the reports that some witnesses saw a ball of fire as the plane descended.

The flight was from France to Egypt, nothing unexpected about that passenger mix.

Re: EgyptAir Flight 804 Disappears Over Mediterranean

It's a little early to be making light of this tragedy.

It's never too early for insensitive people if no one they loved was on the plane. But if the tables were turned...

Last edited:
Re: EgyptAir Flight 804 Disappears Over Mediterranean

The last place I'm going for "missing airplane" coverage is CNN.

That goes for all the cable news networks. They usually get it wrong in the beginning and just want something to report for their ratings.

Looks more and more like a terror attack. Pilots don't just remain silent when problems like this occur in the air.

Terror attacks are going to be a very frequent way of life in Europe going forward. In America, too, as the flood of refugees from the Middle East continues to provide a shield for terrorists to come in.

Governments are so horribly bad at administrating these "protections." Look at our TSA in recent days. No telling how many mistakes were made.

It may very well be terrorism, but let's remember the source of most of the news is Egypt/EgyptAir trying to protect it's already tarnished reputation. Ergo, I think they're more apt to say it's Terror rather than pilot error or mechanical.

Last edited:
Egypt Air Flight Falls From Sky....It's kind of like one of those "5 People Shot Outside of Popular Dance Club" headlines. You don't really have to see the pictures to have a good idea of who was shot or did the shooting. Does anyone here really believe this was mechanical?

Looking at the graphics of those that posted the flight path/alt/speed, is it normal to see a gradual acceleration throughout the flight once optimal height has been reached?

Yes. The plane gets lighter as it goes.

Hard to believe this could be terrorism.

How on earth can you put a bomb inside a plane in a first world country, post 9/11? France just can't cope :confused:

Hard to believe this could be terrorism.

How on earth can you put a bomb inside a plane in a first world country, post 9/11?

The underwear bomber?

The shoebomber?

Luggage?

Not everything is scanned and searched, and in fact our current "naked scanners" cannot detect many kinds of explosives. I'm not aware of what was used in the airport where this plane took off from, but getting a bomb onto a plane is demonstrably not an impossibility.

The underwear bomber?

The shoebomber?

Luggage?

Not everything is scanned and searched, and in fact our current "naked scanners" cannot detect many kinds of explosives. I'm not aware of what was used in the airport where this plane took off from, but getting a bomb onto a plane is demonstrably not an impossibility.

Handcuffed, sedated, and naked. Don't tell me it wont ****in happen.

Three air marshals on board, so almost certainly an explosion.

Bomb planted by airport personnel in France?

The flight was from France to Egypt, nothing unexpected about that passenger mix.

"Civil Aviation Minister Sherif Fathi cautioned that the disaster was still under investigation but said the possibility it was a terror attack "is higher than the possibility of having a technical failure."

From a recent AP story:
News from The Associated Press

The fact that the plane zig-zagged around says that there was likely a struggle in the cockpit.

Maybe the pilot or co-pilot decided to crash the plane.

The fact that the plane zig-zagged around says that there was likely a struggle in the cockpit.

Maybe the pilot or co-pilot decided to crash the plane.

I haven't seen the term "zig zag" anywhere in a report.

As always, we know very little. I flew Egypt Air a few times (777, A321, A340), they are not a highly regarded airline in terms of quality maintenance.

That's why experts are suspecting it was terrorism.

That's why experts are suspecting it was terrorism.

We still know little, and if you had read my postings, you would see that I made no declaration of what happened without additional facts, which is where I am at now as well.

Fools draw conclusions from no data, right after the fact. It could well be a bomb, but I want more information before I offer an opinion.

We still know little, and if you had read my postings, you would see that I made no declaration of what happened without additional facts, which is where I am at now as well.

Fools draw conclusions from no data, right after the fact. It could well be a bomb, but I want more information before I offer an opinion.

I'm sure it's safe to say that those who are suspecting a terrorist attack are way more inowledgable and informed than yourself.

Back
Top Bottom