• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump wants one-on-one, not multiparty talks with Kim Jong-un ...

It wasnt a deflection. You criticized the policy because you thought it was Trumps. I simply pointed out that Obama had the same policy
Obama met with Kim? Cancelled joint military training with the SK military? Declared the nuclear threat of NK was over?

In which universe?

Trump pretends that he has made spectacular progress. maybe he can mint another coin and take a photo again. the Trump / Kim love story is truly heartwarming, at least to Tweetycult.

Yeah you could go back to the Clinton days when he give billions to NK to denuke, and NK went off laughing all the way to the bank. And Clinton was supposed to be so smart. What an idiot.

How many other Presidents have sat down with any of the NK Kims? Did any of the than the current one step across the border into South Korea and embrace the leader of South Korea? Trump doesn't just blur your vision, he totally obliterates it.
Meeting with Kim wasn't an accomplishment. It was a retreat

How about you mind your own business. Hes a big boy, he certainly doesnt need help from someone like you

Your post was nothing except talking **** about someone. That's garbage. You don't like me saying so? Don't post garbage.

Meeting with Kim wasn't an accomplishment. It was a retreat
Bull****. Face to face meetings of heads of state is an important step in any diplomatic process.

Trump pretends that he has made spectacular progress. maybe he can mint another coin and take a photo again. the Trump / Kim love story is truly heartwarming, at least to Tweetycult.

LOL! A hat trick of commemorative coins!

Bull****. Face to face meetings of heads of state is an important step in any diplomatic process.

You are right, except it’s one of the final steps in any negotiation.

Kim Jong Un wants to be able to show his people that their "Dear Leader" sits down with the most powerful people on the planet, and that they take him seriously as a peer. He's in it for the photo ops ... and Trump gives him exactly what he wants, as did Putin last week. Kim has no intention of stopping or even slowing down his nuclear program. He's just keeping it quiet for a while.

Un’s only advantage is keeping nuclear weapons. He will never give them up. Trump is naive to think that will happen. Putin and Un are using him. He is in over his head.

Un’s only advantage is keeping nuclear weapons. He will never give them up. Trump is naive to think that will happen. Putin and Un are using him. He is in over his head.
LOL, and if it were Obama meeting with Un, you'd be in orgasmic rapture and screaming for another Nobel. :roll:

You are right, except it’s one of the final steps in any negotiation.
Well, yes, that's ONE of the times, yes. Signing an official agreement with all the pomp and circumstance is important.

LOL, and if it were Obama meeting with Un, you'd be in orgasmic rapture and screaming for another Nobel. :roll:

Don’t put words in my mouth. Many presidents have tried with Un. Like I said nuclear weapons is all he has. And now that Putin has met with him on the pretense of denuclearization. Trump will eat up that bull. He is naive.

How many other Presidents have sat down with any of the NK Kims? Did any of the than the current one step across the border into South Korea and embrace the leader of South Korea? Trump doesn't just blur your vision, he totally obliterates it.

i am glad that Tweety didn't start a nuclear war. when he was doing his "fire and fury" nonsense, i was a bit concerned.

Don’t put words in my mouth. Many presidents have tried with Un. Like I said nuclear weapons is all he has. And now that Putin has met with him on the pretense of denuclearization. Trump will eat up that bull. He is naive.
And you're using your superpower to delve into the motivations and objectives of people you've never met to come up with this? You are correct many presidents HAVE tried to deal with Kim, all the Kims. But, I'm unaware of an Nork leader asking for the help of another world leader in dealing with any other president. And, yeah, spare me the "Yeah, but, Trump. . . ." nonsense. Kim, is looking at the prosperity of South Korea, and some think he's getting pressured by those around him with "Hey, why can't we have some of that". Every situation and every President is different. Trump is a businessman not a politician or statesmen. He favors the personal touch. I'm not going to criticize him because "he's Trump". I say, let's see what happens, even Trump said before his first meeting "nothing may come of it". I agree but also say let the process continue until an insurmountable obstacle is encountered.

Yeah you could go back to the Clinton days when he give billions to NK to denuke, and NK went off laughing all the way to the bank. And Clinton was supposed to be so smart. What an idiot.

#butClintonsomething

LOL! A hat trick of commemorative coins!

to be fair, it is sort of a cool coin.

trump-un-coin.jpg

except that it features a moron on one half and a murderer on the other, of course.

Your post was nothing except talking **** about someone. That's garbage. You don't like me saying so? Don't post garbage.

Why dont you go find yourself a safe place to hide where words wont trigger you

Why dont you go find yourself a safe place to hide where words wont trigger you

Commenting that someone posted pathetic garbage is not triggered. I saw garbage, I called it out. No effort at all, really. Don't cry too much, and post less garbage.

When did Obama meet with Rouhani?
LOL, there was not treaty involved - Had Obama and Rouhani met, the agreement would have looked like a TREATY which requires Senate approval, and Barry knew he'd never get it so he gamed the system.

All previous Presidents have refused to give N. Korea's leaders the recognition of a visit because of their human rights offenses. Since Trump does not care about human rights he had no reason not to kiss up to the worlds worst violator. He also was ordered by Putin to give Kim cover to advance his nuclear missile program and give China a good reason to lift its sanctions. Trump can check both of those boxes.

And you're using your superpower to delve into the motivations and objectives of people you've never met to come up with this? You are correct many presidents HAVE tried to deal with Kim, all the Kims. But, I'm unaware of an Nork leader asking for the help of another world leader in dealing with any other president. And, yeah, spare me the "Yeah, but, Trump. . . ." nonsense. Kim, is looking at the prosperity of South Korea, and some think he's getting pressured by those around him with "Hey, why can't we have some of that". Every situation and every President is different. Trump is a businessman not a politician or statesmen. He favors the personal touch. I'm not going to criticize him because "he's Trump". I say, let's see what happens, even Trump said before his first meeting "nothing may come of it". I agree but also say let the process continue until an insurmountable obstacle is encountered.

Hey, if this happened during Trump’s presidency it would be wonderful. I think he is not experienced enough to make it happen. He is trying to negotiate on a level that is beyond what he knows because he does not spend time on learning about past attempts and what happened. His “I alone can fix it” is not a strategy.

Back
Top Bottom