• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump: London mayor made 'very rude statements' about me

Read the OP, there was no mention of Cameron, but only the mayor of London which is supposedly our closest ally now. :lamo

I worry about why I would need to clarify that for you.

:lamo

You Brits don't have anything to worry about on that last. Our current POTUS is very busy making sure those last two attributes will no longer apply to us by the time he leaves office.

Oh, so I'm British now, am I? That's cool, maybe I'll adopt a British accent to make myself seem more sophisticated.

Uh, the OP wasn't exactly War and Peace. Read it again. I am deeply, deeply concerned about your reading comprehension.

Interesting, considering I quoted the OP in my response to it. Where precisely did you mention Cameron in the OP?

Interesting, considering I quoted the OP in my response to it. Where precisely did you mention Cameron in the OP?

Oh...my god.

Oh, so I'm British now, am I? That's cool, maybe I'll adopt a British accent to make myself seem more sophisticated.

I based that on this: "no place leading a neighborhood council". Most Americans don't know what the hell a "neighborhood council" is. Brits of course, are very familiar with them.

I based that on this: "no place leading a neighborhood council". Most Americans don't know what the hell a "neighborhood council" is. Brits of course, are very familiar with them.

I would say that you need to not make any assumptions about things you think you know regarding any differences between the United States and other countries.

You Brits don't have anything to worry about on that last. Our current POTUS is very busy making sure those last two attributes will no longer apply to us by the time he leaves office.

Except that it is still the world's largest economy and one of the best performing, of the largest economies, in the world and our military is by far the most powerful in the world.

But you Trumpets keep on living in your bubble of delusion.

I would say that you need to not make assumptions about any knowledge you may think you possess regarding any differences between the United States and other countries.

And if you would apply that to yourself you'd be in good territory. But as it stands you have no call to assume that about me. We don't do the council thing here.

Try reading the OP again. This time, I want you to focus on the portion of the OP where he quotes the CNN article.

Then read it three more times.

Hopefully, you will pick up on the phrase "he won't have a good relationship with British Prime Minister David Cameron if he's elected" in at least one of those four readings.

And if you would apply that to yourself you'd be in good territory. But as it stands you have no call to assume that about me. We don't do the council thing here.

I'll be sure to inform my neighborhood council in Southern California that we are, in fact, located in the United Kingdom. Some of my neighbors may be quite upset by this so I'll let them down gently. Others may be a little too happy and may attempt to take a Sunday drive to visit the Queen's Palace, so I'll have to be careful either way.

Donald Trump on London mayor's comments: 'Very rude' - CNNPolitics.com

So a mayor in another country hurt his feelings, and he already knows (and publicly announces) that he's going to have bad relations with the head of our #1 closest ally. This must be that "Great Statesman" quality that has been so elusive in our country's leadership for so long.

I already know Trump supporters are going to flood this thread with statements about Trump's brilliant negotiating skills that we're all just too stupid to get, I just wanted to share. But my favorite part is actually this:

Oh, well thanks for setting the record straight, Donald. Some of us were starting to worry.

People always say Trump has a big ego, but his need to respond to every perceived slight by insignificant people demonstrates that the guy is incredibly insecure. His response should have been: Who cares?

People always say Trump has a big ego, but his need to respond to every perceived slight by insignificant people demonstrates that the guy is incredibly insecure. His response should have been: Who cares?

He seems to be bleeding from his wherever.

I'll be sure to inform my neighborhood council in Southern California that we are, in fact, located in the United Kingdom. Some of my neighbors may be quite upset by this so I'll let them down gently. Others may be a little too happy and may attempt to take a Sunday drive to visit the Queen's Palace, so I'll have to be careful either way.

My bad, LA does them too. Not in the same way, nor are the two council types even similar.

Typical Trump supporter. Doesn't listen or read (or make any effort to glean actual information), just insists he's right.

He's probably been watching too much Turkish TV.

And in any case, if Turkey can afford to have a Prez. like that, why not the US? He and Erdogan can have a match over who can sue more in less time. :lamo

He has to be the most insecure candidate there has ever been.

He's probably been watching too much Turkish TV.

And in any case, if Turkey can afford to have a Prez. like that, why not the US? He and Erdogan can have a match over who can sue more in less time. :lamo

There really are some striking similarities between Trump, Erdogan, and Putin.

My bad, LA does them too. Not in the same way, nor are the two council types even similar.

Uh huh. You are aware, are you not, that nobody suggested such a thing?

Last edited:
Read the OP, there was no mention of Cameron, but only the mayor of London which is supposedly our closest ally now. :lamo

I worry about why I would need to clarify that for you.

Cameron's name is mentioned in the quote in the OP which came from the first paragraph in the CNN article.

(CNN) — Donald Trump said Monday London's new mayor made "very rude statements" about him -- and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee warned he won't have a good relationship with British Prime Minister David Cameron if he's elected.

Oh FFS. That man gets more embarrassing every time he opens his mouth or fires up his Twitter account.

The attacks on candidates for their looks is a common thing I've never held in high esteem. Whether it be Trump's hair or Hillary not being a twenty year old swimsuit model, I've never admired let alone engaged in that tactic. I'm voting for a leader, not my date. That said, Trump is going to take this election to depths you and I never experienced nor imagined possible. Mark my words: the moment Clinton becomes the official Democratic nominee, Trump is going to make this national election one giant 4chan board. Anybody who thinks we're a laughingstock now ain't seen nothing yet.

Back
Top Bottom