• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump: London mayor made 'very rude statements' about me

Except that it is still the world's largest economy and one of the best performing, of the largest economies, in the world and our military is by far the most powerful in the world.

exactly. in a match up who has more(all) of the power?:president Trump of the friggin MAYOR OF LONDON

the way you're pi55ing and moaning you would think Great Britain was the most powerful country. don't you think, considering all of this power you say America has, that GB should be more worried about getting along with Trump(if elected) than the other way around? trust me, if he gets in the leaders in Britain will do a sharp turn. they have no choice. what is it they have that we can't live without? If anything they will go out of their way to keep the relationship STRONGER if Trump wins.

It is the British politicians who are acting foolishly by shooting their mouths off with a guy who could be the most powerful man on the PLANET in a few months, wouldn't you agree?

so don't worry your pretty liberal heads over this. Even if it is the all powerful Mayor of London we are talking about

Last edited:
The attacks on candidates for their looks is a common thing I've never held in high esteem. Whether it be Trump's hair or Hillary not being a twenty year old swimsuit model, I've never admired let alone engaged in that tactic. I'm voting for a leader, not my date. That said, Trump is going to take this election to depths you and I never experienced nor imagined possible. Mark my words: the moment Clinton becomes the official Democratic nominee, Trump is going to make this national election one giant 4chan board. Anybody who thinks we're a laughingstock now ain't seen nothing yet.

In a lot of ways, he already has. Every time I see him I think of some obnoxious arrogant punk wearing his father's clothes and his mother's wig, acting a part in a play. An R-rated play.

the way you're pi55ing and moaning you would think Great Britain was the most powerful country. don't you think, considering all of this power you say America has, that GB should be more worried about getting along with Trump(if elected) than the other way around? trust me, if he gets in the leaders in Britain will do a sharp turn. they have no choice. what is it they have that we can't live without? If anything they will go out of their way to keep the relationship STRONGER if Trump wins.

so don't worry your pretty liberal heads over this. Even if it is the all powerful Mayor of London we are talking about

You know whose pretty head is worried over the all powerful Mayor of London? Trump.

Shortly after taking office, Khan criticized Trump's views of Islam as ignorant -- remarks that Trump said had offended him. The new mayor had been responding to a suggestion from Trump that he would make an "exception" to his proposed "temporary Muslim ban" for Khan.

I think they're very rude statements and frankly, tell him, I will remember those statements. They're very nasty statements."

You know whose pretty head is worried over the all powerful Mayor of London? Trump.

so that's Trump offering an olive branch. It's called being Presidential. also notice how the Mayor blew it off(again not a sign of a politician thinking ahead) Behind closed doors I'm sure he could give two craps about the Mayor of London.

so that's Trump offering an olive branch. It's called being Presidential. Behind closed doors I'm sure he could give two craps about the Mayor of London.

Challenging a foreign mayor who accuses you of being ignorant to an IQ duel is "Presidential." And can be defined as offering an olive branch.

Right.

Challenging a foreign mayor who accuses you of being ignorant to an IQ duel is "Presidential." And can be defined as offering an olive branch.

Right.

are we reading the same post? Trump said if he as president put a temporary ban on muslims entering the country he would make an exception for the Mayor of London based on negative remarks he(the mayor) made on the issue. YOU posted that as a reason Trump must "care" about the Mayor. I responded by saying "he is forgiving the Mayor for his comments and offering an olive branch by saying he COULD come to this country". It was a presidential response to an overly aggressive foreign politican. Trump didn't go after the guy, he tried to make peace with him.

what am I missing that confuses you?

are we reading the same post? Trump said if he as president put a temporary ban on muslims entering the country he would make an exception for the Mayor of London based on negative remarks he(the mayor) made on the issue. YOU posted that as a reason Trump must "care" about the Mayor. I responded by saying "he is forgiving the Mayor for his comments and offering an olive branch by saying he COULD come to this country". It was a presidential response to an overly aggressive foreign politican. Trump didn't go after the guy, he tried to make peace with him.

what am I missing that confuses you?

He challenged him to an IQ duel.

He challenged him to an IQ duel.

who cares? What could he possibly do to President Trump? Oh No! he's going to tell the citizens of London NOT to visit America. Wow, how friggin scary would THAT be?

However, if there is anyone in the NATIONAL british government with an ounce of sense, they will put a muzzle on the Mayor. It's like you said. do they want to get in a pi55ing contest with the most powerful country on earth? I think not.

who cares? What could he possibly do to President Trump? Oh No! he's going to tell the citizens of London NOT to visit America. Wow, how friggin scary would THAT be?

However, if there is anyone in the NATIONAL british government with an ounce of sense, they will put a muzzle on the Mayor. It's like you said. do they want to get in a pi55ing contest with the most powerful country on earth? I think not.

I don't know what the Mayor of London could do to Trump, precisely, but whatever it is it clearly worries Trump enough to challenge him to an IQ duel, and makes him feel obligated to publicly state that he's not only not stupid, but that he's just the opposite.

Wait, London is our #1 closest ally? When did that happen?

Btw, who the **** cares what the mayor of that POS city thinks. The whole place smells of dog **** and what is most likely human urine.

Btw, the position only dates back to 2000.

I might be Dutch, but London is a great place (only just behind Amsterdam) with a great history, beautiful buildings and some classy and excellent museums.

exactly. in a match up who has more(all) of the power?:president Trump of the friggin MAYOR OF LONDON

It is the British politicians who are acting foolishly by shooting their mouths off with a guy who could be the most powerful man on the PLANET in a few months, wouldn't you agree?

For starters, I was responding to a poster who claimed that Obama was somehow going to destroy the United States' status as the most powerful economy and military in the world in the next 6 months.

That man was apparently more rational than you.

Now, to your post, yes - any leader from Great Britain would do their best to ensure that America remains a close ally even with a Trump as President. With that said, a close ally can cause just as many problems as a distant friend. And all of this ignores the fact that we should not encourage or excuse a Presidential candidate from engaging in a child-like debate of words, and particularly challenging the "friggin MAYOR OF LONDON" to an IQ battle.

so that's Trump offering an olive branch. It's called being Presidential. also notice how the Mayor blew it off(again not a sign of a politician thinking ahead) Behind closed doors I'm sure he could give two craps about the Mayor of London.

Calling for a ban on muslims entering the country, but making an exception to a mayor of the capitol city for one of our closest allies, is offering an olive branch?

Are you ****ing serious?

David Cameron.......he said he wasn't going to have a good relationship with David Cameron either.

You know, the guy who runs England

Hey, he can have a great relationship with that newly elected president of the Philippines, maybe there are some African leaders who think the Donald is great.

Hey, he can have a great relationship with that newly elected president of the Philippines, maybe there are some African leaders who think the Donald is great.

Hey, Upper Volta and Botswana think he's just grand :mrgreen:

This whole campaign is like Poe's law made real. If you told some one about the US election season so far, some one who had no knowledge of what is actually happening, they would not believe you, thinking it is a parody. And just when you think things cannot get any more silly, some one will come along and try and spin it as brilliance.

I'm serious that this is the first and last time you will ever care about the Mayor of London or what he thinks. He's going after trump so I guess that makes him some brilliant hero in your eyes. The point is a presidential candidate shouldn't even bother with the mayor of ANY CITY, much less one in another country.

I'm serious that this is the first and last time you will ever care about the Mayor of London or what he thinks. He's going after trump so I guess that makes him some brilliant hero in your eyes. The point is a presidential candidate shouldn't even bother with the mayor of ANY CITY, much less one in another country.

Now you just seem to be confused. Do you think Trump shouldn't bother with the mayor of ANY CITY, much less one in another country, or should he extend an olive branch and act presidential by challenging the mayor to an IQ duel? Was it "presidential" to be offended and clearly state that he wouldn't forget that the Mayor accused him of being ignorant?

Yet Trump apparently does.

Yet Trump apparently does.

Of course. The media quickly made the mayor front page news. Trump had to respond. The hit pieces on Trump get all the attention. He really has no choice but to respond to this idiot mayor who's track record of success is probably 1/1000th of what Trump has accomplished. And this is coming from someone who thinks Hillary will probably win the election. The mayor will be a forgotten nobody one day soon. Trump won't be.

Yes. Trump is a baby wearing an adult suit, and has no place leading a neighborhood council let alone a nation with the world's largest economy and most powerful military.
Clearly. I mean he said something about an IQ test. Stop the presses! Alert the masses! We've got some major news here!! :roll:

Of course. The media quickly made the mayor front page news. Trump had to respond. The hit pieces on Trump get all the attention. He really has no choice but to respond to this idiot mayor who's track record of success is probably 1/1000th of what Trump has accomplished. And this is coming from someone who thinks Hillary will probably win the election. The mayor will be a forgotten nobody one day soon. Trump won't be.

No he could have ignored it, instead he decided to do his usual little baby act.

He had no other choice?

No he could have ignored it, instead he decided to do his usual little baby act.

again, he became a media darling overnight with his comments. anyone with "power" who goes against Trump becomes a liberal heartthrob. Ignoring it wouldn't make much sense in that situation. He would look like he was ducking this loudmouth.

And if you would apply that to yourself you'd be in good territory. But as it stands you have no call to assume that about me. We don't do the council thing here.

Maybe not in Oregon, but in California almost every incorporated city/town has an elected city/town council, usually headed by either an elected Mayor or rotating the mayoral position among the councilmembers. You seem to be speaking too quickly; stop and think before posting and you won't look quite as desperate to defend "your guy".

If the Republican National Convention actually allows Donald Trump to be the candidate of that party...

...it thoroughly deserves the thrashing it will get in November.

With Trump, it doesn't matter if you cut the red wire, the blue wire, the green wire, or the white wire...

...eventually you are going to have an explosion.

I actually like the guy...but as a contender for the presidency...HE IS A JOKE.

Only a party like the Republican Party could actually put someone like him at the top of the ticket for the most important office being contended.

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase "offer an olive branch"?

Back
Top Bottom