• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does your favorite music describe your views?

3step

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
So as you know Cruz said that 9/11 terrorist act affected him so much that he found that he likes country music. In my opinion, country music listener can be described as a conservative person, sorry but I have only associations like this.
Then I looked at myself: mostly I like dub and ambient music. Does it describe me as a Libertarian atheist? Unfortunately, I don't have associations on that... Do you have?
What music do you like and do you think your musical tastes describe your political/religious views?

n.p. Ben Frost - Theory of Machines
6a012876c6c7fb970c017c326d0d14970b-pi

nope.

I enjoy far too many genres of music for it to be indicative of anything political.

So as you know Cruz said that 9/11 terrorist act affected him so much that he found that he likes country music. In my opinion, country music listener can be described as a conservative person, sorry but I have only associations like this.
Then I looked at myself: mostly I like dub and ambient music. Does it describe me as a Libertarian atheist? Unfortunately, I don't have associations on that... Do you have?
What music do you like and do you think your musical tastes describe your political/religious views?

No. I like a lot of music that has nothing to do with my political or social views, just my taste in music.

Not at all. I listen to mainly Heavy metal which in most cases has a liberal stance.

I don't think so. I listen to "oldies" (60s, 70s, 80s) and I'm a big fan of Woodstock era music. But I'm actually very conservative, especially in appearance.

I enjoy just about every type of music with hip hop, rock, and country taking up most of my play list.

Now, I do think that people who listen to only country will more often than not turn out to be conservative and people who listen to only hip hop will most often turn out to be liberals. Rock is probably a toss up.

More "no" than yes. I'm a nationalist, but I'm not really drawn to modern country. Most of my rock, blues, and electronic tastes are created by persons with much more Democratic Party or left-wing views than I'd care for.

However, I have gradually come to wish that bands like Rage Against the Machine had less naive lyrics. I very much enjoy the rest of the product, but the lyrics have a New Left faith that I cannot relate to.

Not at all. I listen to mainly Heavy metal which in most cases has a liberal stance.
Umm, bands like Manowar don't look like liberals :lol: Btw do you like KISS? Simmons is famous for being Republican...
I don't think so. I listen to "oldies" (60s, 70s, 80s) and I'm a big fan of Woodstock era music. But I'm actually very conservative, especially in appearance.
Let me guess, you like this music but you're against marijuana?

talking about music is like dancing about architecture

too bad cruz could not figure that out

I enjoy just about every type of music with hip hop, rock, and country taking up most of my play list.

Now, I do think that people who listen to only country will more often than not turn out to be conservative and people who listen to only hip hop will most often turn out to be liberals. Rock is probably a toss up.
Rock is a toss-up? Lol. How could a rock fan be conservative?

I have no idea how music could ever decribe ones political views unless it was in fact a political song, I find that simply very weird. Music is very very very relaxing and entertaining to me and I hope my brain never associates it with politics on any large scale ever.

I guess If I'm going to be honest I'd have to say I have no idea because I have no clue what music people claim to represent what.

I listen to rap (there is good rap out there so don't jump to conclusions) and I think it's deeper meaning reflects a lot of my beliefs. I wouldn't say it's 100% accurate but a majority is.

Umm, bands like Manowar don't look like liberals :lol: Btw do you like KISS? Simmons is famous for being Republican...

Let me guess, you like this music but you're against marijuana?

I didn't mind Kiss when I was a kid but my taste in music grew to a more extreme side as I grew older. There are certainly some heavy metal bands that take a more conservative approach in the lyrics, but for the most part they are more liberal.

My favorite and main music choice is country, especially from the 80s and 90s. I also like some other music from many different genres, mainly influenced by my husband.

Back
Top Bottom