• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You support the UK's decision to leave the EU?

Do you support the UK's decision to leave the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
Who...who is the one person that would gain from disintegration of EU?

I'll give you a hint. It begins with "P" and ends in "utin."

The markets like stability, that's just reality. And when countries act like erratic assholes then that stability goes right out the window and you don't get to retire for a certain additional number of years beyond what you were planning for. And iras, sep-iras and 401k's are how non-rich people are able to to successfully save for retirement. Even if you're investing in low cost etfs with low cost managements such as that Vanguard offers, that still doesn't render you invulnerable to massive market swings or from collapses in the value of those etfs.

As for England itself, whether or not you were aware of it London was the world's financial center, and leaving the EU jeopardized the integrity of the the UK and the future of the EU itself.

Now here's the "hilarious" thing: the vote was only the first financial ****-a-tron. The next is when England actually triggers the leave -- that's another market collapse. Then possibly France or Holland (or both) leaves. A market collapse each. Germany? Another market collapse. If you aren't feeling any of these market collapses, congratulations: you are either a Columbian cartel drug dealer or you are an evil James Bond villain living aboard his orbital laser space station.

Finally, think about the one person on earth who has to gain from the disintegration of the European Union.

But that's okay. At least Brits voted to keep immigrants out of their country.

good points, I'm just not a big fan of irrationality.. and these markets are the epitome of irrationality.

personally, I won't be effected by any of this....and the bulk of my dealing are in South and Central America and aren't really susceptible to market insanity....unless the world economy completely tanks, my affairs will be fine.

I don't put much credence into doomsday predictions... especially ones that are based entirely in political temper tantrums.... the world won't end, no matter how many fits lefties throw.

it's kinda sad that you are not supportive of GB having their national sovereignty... I remember when liberals supported such silly notions as national sovereignty and citizenship.... funny how times change.

Do You support the UK's decision to leave the EU?

doesn't matter. it's up to them. the world will move on, as it always does.

good points, I'm just not a big fan of irrationality.. and these markets are the epitome of irrationality.

personally, I won't be effected by any of this....and the bulk of my dealing are in South and Central America and aren't really susceptible to market insanity....unless the world economy completely tanks, my affairs will be fine.

I don't put much credence into doomsday predictions... especially ones that are based entirely in political temper tantrums.... the world won't end, no matter how many fits lefties throw.

it's kinda sad that you are not supportive of GB having their national sovereignty... I remember when liberals supported such silly notions as national sovereignty and citizenship.... funny how times change.

"National Sovereignty" is a bumper sticker. It doesn't address whether it was attached to the bumper in a way that didn't set the car on fire, which is what happened here. Oh, and it set the other cars on fire too. Because the bumper sticker was made by lying, racist assholes.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, Putin. I almost forgot about him. lol Thanks for the hint. :)

Nope, I just hope the negative repercussions aren't too awful.

Not really, just the older masses.
Not really true. Age was not a main factor. Rich, better educated, single, urban tended to support staying.
"The median age of a community, despite the much emphasized youths-versus-retirees clash that many said would define the referendum, ended up correlating only slightly with how the vote actually went. And while median income did predict results as expected—with lower income Britons favoring an exit—it still wasn’t as tight a relationship as some of the other factors."
The Education Level and Regions of the Voters Who Wanted Great Britain to Leave the European Union - The Atlantic

"National Sovereignty" is a bumper sticker. It doesn't address whether it was attached to the bumper in a way that didn't set the car on fire, which is what happened here. Oh, and it set the other cars on fire too. Because the bumper sticker was made by lying, racist assholes.
but of course.. national sovereignty is some sort of joke, and over half of GB is racist......sounds legit.

Unless he plans an all out war of conquest, Russia is overrated- their economy is about the size of Italy's. The main issue is how the EU will either reform itself or steadily dissolve into Germany and states that worship it.

People like this stupid woman are the reason the UK voted to leave, this brain dead nitwit says she voted to leave the EU is so that next year she would not have to watch the European Championships in soccer, because if the UK leaves the EU Britain will not participate anymore.

Hello brain drain, even with the UK out of the EU, they are still going to participate in European Championships.

Another reason is eggs, she wants to buy her eggs from a farmer and not from the supermarket and in her mind the EU stops her from doing that (which is idiotic of course) because she thinks that eggs from her local farmer John are going to allow her to make "a nice friend egg and it ain't going to crack no more because it comes from a good chicken".

The only reason she doubted voting for Brexit is that she would no longer be able to go to Euro Disney because the borders where going to be closed.

I am sorry, but it is ludicrous to realized that these kinds of idiots and others like her who started googling "what is the EU" after they voted to leave the EU, are part of the reason why the EU was voted down. This in combination with the nonsense lies of people like the UKIP leader Farrage.

Any "lost" in the stock market is permanent. If the markets performed as you appear to imagine they do, the markets would be risk free and we'd all be billionaires.

I wasn't talking about personal loses...I was referring to the stock market drops. They come and they go.

It took more than 25 years to recover from the Great Depression, and we are due for another one of them by the looks of it.

So no, your words do not sway me.

25 years? Really...which depression was that? The depression of the 30's last just barely 10 years most due to the ineptness of FDR. The only thing that got us out of that depression was WWII.

Give it a week or two and the market will rebound.

Unless he plans an all out war of conquest, Russia is overrated- their economy is about the size of Italy's. The main issue is how the EU will either reform itself or steadily dissolve into Germany and states that worship it.

Agree....the whole Russian economy is based on the price of oil and right now its not in their favor.

People like this stupid woman are the reason the UK voted to leave, this brain dead nitwit says she voted to leave the EU is so that next year she would not have to watch the European Championships in soccer, because if the UK leaves the EU Britain will not participate anymore.

Hello brain drain, even with the UK out of the EU, they are still going to participate in European Championships.

Another reason is eggs, she wants to buy her eggs from a farmer and not from the supermarket and in her mind the EU stops her from doing that (which is idiotic of course) because she thinks that eggs from her local farmer John are going to allow her to make "a nice friend egg and it ain't going to crack no more because it comes from a good chicken".

The only reason she doubted voting for Brexit is that she would no longer be able to go to Euro Disney because the borders where going to be closed.

I am sorry, but it is ludicrous to realized that these kinds of idiots and others like her who started googling "what is the EU" after they voted to leave the EU, are part of the reason why the EU was voted down. This in combination with the nonsense lies of people like the UKIP leader Farrage.

Man, you should stop going to the coffee shops. The pot is going to your brain and not in a good way.

Nope, I just hope the negative repercussions aren't too awful.

Not really, just the older masses.
Correct and true .. so, what do we do ? Wait until all the ''old fogies'', like me, die off ?
I am a ''fogie'' and consider the anti EU vote to be counter productive , backward , selfish ..
But, I think they are being surgically shafted by the wealthy 1% .. Staying in the EU, IMO, is better , but, there must be compromise with jobs and immigration ..

Man, you should stop going to the coffee shops. The pot is going to your brain and not in a good way.

What on earth are you babbling about? This woman actually did what I wrote she did (vote to leave) for the reasons of buying eggs from farmers and not wanting to have to watch the European soccer championships (like anybody is forced to do this).

And maybe you should be laying off the pot because your post makes no sense.

What on earth are you babbling about? This woman actually did what I wrote she did (vote to leave) for the reasons of buying eggs from farmers and not wanting to have to watch the European soccer championships (like anybody is forced to do this).

And maybe you should be laying off the pot because your post makes no sense.

Calling people who voted to leave the EU is stupid and especially in this day and age a women. Yes, buying eggs and watching a boring soccer match is reason to vote against the EU......what am I missing here?

Calling people who voted to leave the EU is stupid and especially in this day and age a women. Yes, buying eggs and watching a boring soccer match is reason to vote against the EU......what am I missing here?

Yup, sometimes it is necessary to call someone an idiot if she is an idiot and this woman is an idiot. A total and utter idiot.

Her 2 reasons for leaving the EU are:

1. no longer having to be forced to watch the European championship soccer:
a. this has nothing to do with the EU but with UEFA and membership of that has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the EU and even after a Brexit the English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish soccer teams would still be part of UEFA and thus the soccer still will be on UK television.
b. has this nitwit never heard of an off switch on her TV and an off button on her remote control?

2. being free to buy eggs from her local farmer because in the supermarket eggs easily break due to them coming from a "bad chicken".
1. it has never been illegal to buy eggs from a local farmer
2. even I regularly buy eggs from local farmers
3. supermarket eggs break just as easily as eggs from local farmers
4. bad chickens? :lamo what a stupid comment.

Her reason for maybe not voting to leave the EU:

No longer being able to go to Euro Disney because of the Brexit and the borders being closed
1. total stupidity here, going Brexit has nothing to do with going to Euro Disney
2. English people still have the right to visit other countries
3. the borders are not going to be closed off for everyone banning people to go in the UK or leave the UK

So sorry, but when someone is an idiot and shows her stupidity that glaringly than why should we not be free to call them that?

On June 23 2016, the UK casted a ballot which was in favor of leaving the EU.

Advantages:
  • The UK won't have to share its income with countries in financial trouble such as Greece or Spain
  • Less foreign workers will occupy jobs in the country
  • The UK will have more flexibility in its border control
  • The UK has quite a few differences from the rest of the EU such as driving on the left and using the British Pound as opposed to the Euro

• Disadvantages:
      • If the UK gets into financial trouble, it won't have as much help
      • It could hurt relations with other EU countries such as France and Germany
      • The British pound has dropped in value after the Brexit
      • This could cause the collapse of the EU as early as 2020

• Yes I support the UK leaving the EU.Countries should value their sovereignty.

The reasons why some English voted for Brexit is becoming glaringly obvious (and it's not pretty at all):

brexiit.jpg

Or how about this idiot?

brexit1.jpg

More than a 100 incidents of racial abuse and hate crime has been reported in the UK. From drivers with a color being told by strangers to "go back to your own country" to an Italian person being knocked out after asking someone how they voted.

A few hours after the vote a Polish student was asked by a stranger if she was Polish. When the young girl said she was, the old hag (sorry, but the old woman was) told her to be scared and that she must get a Visa if she wanted to stay in "her country" and she said it with a vicious smile (that is why I am calling her an old hag).

In Cambridgeshire Polish families where getting messages in their mail box that said “Leave the EU, no more Polish vermin”.

A black woman (born and bred in the UK) heard people shouting "make Britain white again".

A woman reporting that when she and her daughter left work, she saw a group of men/young men cornering a Muslim girl shouting to her "Get out, we voted leave".

Another woman has been told more times to leave the UK in the past 24 hours than she has been in the past 17 years (as long as she has been living in the UK).

Black or Asians from British heritage (even ones born in the UK) are being told "you'll be next to go".

A colored girl was sitting at a bar with her brother was confronted by a middle aged white man who said: "I know we've voted to leave the EU today but we should have voted to kick all you lot out. You'll never be real British, you're not a true Cockney like me. I couldn't care less if think you are here to be a doctor, or a lawyer or whatever, I couldn't care less, but just go back and do it in your own country". When the woman said she was born in Wales and that she was just as British as he was but he was still insisting they were not.

Another man reports he stood up for a Black woman who was being shouted at with racist and sexist abuse by a drunk man.

Or reports (by a British woman) of a white man standing outside a school with a lot of Muslim children who stood making victory signs at all Muslim families who were walking by him.

Or how about a grown man telling a colored British girl (a foster child too) who had made room for the man to sit next to her on the public transport she was on, only for him to sit on the seats opposite her. He leaned across to her and said "I'm glad I voted leave yesterday, cause it means people like you can go home". When she told him she was English he told her "well, you don't look it".

A British Asian lady was approached in a Tesco store today and told by a stranger "Glad we are out, we can get rid of your lot".

A Korean American woman was told: "go back home Chinese bitch".

A car full of "good old British men" where seen driving past a group of Muslim girls shouting "OUT OUT OUT".

A woman in a bank in Enfield shouted at someone "This is England, we're white get out of my country".

Well, that just shows why some British persons voted Brexit, so that they can vent their racism and hatred towards EU citizens, foreign looking people and immigrants.

Last edited:
Of course, I support their decision. It was theirs to make, they had a vote, it's done. I wish them the best of luck.

The reasons why some English voted for Brexit is becoming glaringly obvious (and it's not pretty at all):

View attachment 67203343

Or how about this idiot?

View attachment 67203344

More than a 100 incidents of racial abuse and hate crime has been reported in the UK. From drivers with a color being told by strangers to "go back to your own country" to an Italian person being knocked out after asking someone how they voted.

A few hours after the vote a Polish student was asked by a stranger if she was Polish. When the young girl said she was, the old hag (sorry, but the old woman was) told her to be scared and that she must get a Visa if she wanted to stay in "her country" and she said it with a vicious smile (that is why I am calling her an old hag).

In Cambridgeshire Polish families where getting messages in their mail box that said “Leave the EU, no more Polish vermin”.

A black woman (born and bred in the UK) heard people shouting "make Britain white again".

A woman reporting that when she and her daughter left work, she saw a group of men/young men cornering a Muslim girl shouting to her "Get out, we voted leave".

Another woman has been told more times to leave the UK in the past 24 hours than she has been in the past 17 years (as long as she has been living in the UK).

Black or Asians from British heritage (even ones born in the UK) are being told "you'll be next to go".

A colored girl was sitting at a bar with her brother was confronted by a middle aged white man who said: "I know we've voted to leave the EU today but we should have voted to kick all you lot out. You'll never be real British, you're not a true Cockney like me. I couldn't care less if think you are here to be a doctor, or a lawyer or whatever, I couldn't care less, but just go back and do it in your own country". When the woman said she was born in Wales and that she was just as British as he was but he was still insisting they were not.

Another man reports he stood up for a Black woman who was being shouted at with racist and sexist abuse by a drunk man.

Or reports (by a British woman) of a white man standing outside a school with a lot of Muslim children who stood making victory signs at all Muslim families who were walking by him.

Or how about a grown man telling a colored British girl (a foster child too) who had made room for the man to sit next to her on the public transport she was on, only for him to sit on the seats opposite her. He leaned across to her and said "I'm glad I voted leave yesterday, cause it means people like you can go home". When she told him she was English he told her "well, you don't look it".

A British Asian lady was approached in a Tesco store today and told by a stranger "Glad we are out, we can get rid of your lot".

A Korean American woman was told: "go back home Chinese bitch".

A car full of "good old British men" where seen driving past a group of Muslim girls shouting "OUT OUT OUT".

A woman in a bank in Enfield shouted at someone "This is England, we're white get out of my country".

Well, that just shows why some British persons voted Brexit, so that they can vent their racism and hatred towards EU citizens, foreign looking people and immigrants.
How in the **** did anyone think that anything even remotely like what these poor examples of humanity apparently thought would happen...would happen?

That said, I think it likely these are the idiot fringe, or I hope so...

That is the dumbest reason to vote that I have ever heard. That's like voting for trump to put a restaurant out of business.

That is the dumbest reason to vote that I have ever heard. That's like voting for trump to put a restaurant out of business.
Sometimes I wonder if the real opponent in politics is not the people who disagree with you, but rather the people who don't know what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom