• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know any anti-vaxxers?

Why didn't Fauci have a answer?

We'll have to look at this..........Fauci said

I'm sitting here laughing at you.
Quoting Fauci.

You didn't read it, yet you go smug.

Say's a lot.

Your link is irrelevant to my post.

How does it counter the numbers of unvaccinated suffering hospitalization or death?

Your link is irrelevant to my post.

How does it counter the numbers of unvaccinated suffering hospitalization or death?

And you continue arguing when Fauci himself stated that he had to look into it on national TV about natural immunity knowing full well that there were studies showing that it's actually better than the vaccine.

Your argument is irrelevant to my original posts.

Keep talking pards. :ROFLMAO:

Last time I saw my best friend he was telling his 16-year-old son not to get vaccinated because he heard it makes young kids' hearts swell up. I can't say a word about it to either one. I remember buying this kid Hess toy trucks for Christmas every year when he was little. When he got older I'd just throw money at him so he'd like me.

What can I say now? I can't get between my best friend and his son.
Myocarditis has been a side effect but a rare side effect and usually goes away on its own.

A couple of people. Young adults, liberal. Not anti-vaxx, just COVID vax hesitant. Their reason is the way it's being pushed. The harder the push, the less they trust.
They've said (it's a couple) "has a vaccine been pushed this much before"? My reply is no, not in my lifetime, but we've never had a pandemic like this either.(in my lifetime)
Wrong. Every vaccine you/they received as children were "pushed."

Last time I saw my best friend he was telling his 16-year-old son not to get vaccinated because he heard it makes young kids' hearts swell up. I can't say a word about it to either one. I remember buying this kid Hess toy trucks for Christmas every year when he was little. When he got older I'd just throw money at him so he'd like me.

What can I say now? I can't get between my best friend and his son.
Nah. Act like you DON'T like them and they'll be all over you.

You know, just calling people "anti-vaxxers," is so off putting that it's reason enough for people to resist. I can think of half dozen respectable ways of describing people who are not vaccinated without resorting to some polarizing label. It's a leftie term, Allan. Thanks!!
I always make my medical decision based on what random people say.

Actually, it's not. There are an assortment of reasons to resist vaccinations including sheer quackery. People like you are polarizing and fomenting distrust out of political animosity, and I guarantee you will be on the losing end of that battle. Thanks!!
What "battle" and what is there to "lose?"

I imagine every heart condition is at least somewhat unique, even if it falls into a category.
But our son was born with five very serious major heart defects:

1. Transposition of the Great Arteries
2. Double Outlet Right Ventricle
3. Mitral Valve Defect
4. DSV* (I STILL don't quite understand what THAT one is)
5. Pulmonary Stenosis

In other words, his ticker is a lot like the babies born in the Pripyat area after Chernobyl.
And HE caught COVID and survived AND he got fully vaccinated and tolerated the Pfizer shots very well, a lot better than he tolerated COVID.

So it leads me to wonder what KIND of heart issues your friend has....God Bless her and I hope that someday she will be able to tolerate SOME kind of COVID medication.

Good news that your son is a strong lad and obviously a hell of a fighter. May he stay well. Good on him.

I don’t know what heart condition our friend has. I’ll ask my wife, she probably knows.

I'm curious about forum members' experience with people who are vaccine hesitant. Do you know people refusing the vaccine and what reasons are they giving?

I know two. One is a member of a breakaway Penticostal group who's refused as he was told God would protect him.

The other is refusing because he "heard" (undoubtedly read on Facebook) that a lot of people were ending up in wheelchairs after getting the shot.
A colleague/friend, She Is convinced with the "infertility" bullshit that she read online. Can't even discuss it with her..

An old coworker of mine who was always on the Conspiracy side...really harmless.. after a couple of years of the most terrible tragedies I just could not imagine going through... his wife having two late term miscarriages and then dying of brain cancer at the beginning of the pandemic... I have seen him become radicalized by even more conspiratorial nonsense and he is now a prepper and stockpiling weapons in case they force the shot on him.

It is really sad.

Correlation does not imply causation.
But that doesn’t mean there isn’t causation, otherwise you’d have to reach for some pretty interesting explanations for why areas with strong trump support can statistically be depended on to have high antivaxxer numbers.

If we could stop obesity and car accidents with a vaccine, hell yes.
Why the stipulation that the solution only has to be via a vaccine? The analogy isn't in the solution but the problem. The problem is in the sequelae of obesity and (reckless) driving and the solution should be what ever it takes - vaccine or some other measure.

I actually was half-serious.
My wife has a friend who has a phobia of needles, a lifelong thing and he had the same doctor for decades, and they pretty much had to resort to a few tricks along the way.
I wish I knew more details but it's not as if we queried further...HIS wife just said that his doctor tricks him in order to get the needle in.

PS: Since you're being civil, I'll knock off the snark from now on.

You don't understand. This guy is so deathly afraid of needles that he won't let them knock him out to give him the shot, because he knows they'll be using a needle...

You don't understand. This guy is so deathly afraid of needles that he won't let them knock him out to give him the shot, because he knows they'll be using a needle...
Sorry Steve, like anyone else I probably do not have all the answers.
I hear from lots of sources that there's work on oral and nasal COVID treatments, but no idea how far off they are.
At some point in this person's life they will HAVE to receive injections of some kind, and if not for COVID, for something else.

Sounds like a pretty dire issue. Dire, as in...this person may very well die due to something other than COVID if they expend that much mental energy over this.
If he has a heart attack, they may very well have to inject as many as a dozen different meds in him to keep him alive, and if he gets combative and causes a delay he may end up paying the ultimate price.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

And you continue arguing when Fauci himself stated that he had to look into it on national TV about natural immunity knowing full well that there were studies showing that it's actually better than the vaccine.

Your argument is irrelevant to my original posts.

Keep talking pards. :ROFLMAO:

Your Faucibabble is irrelevant to my post.

I'm curious about forum members' experience with people who are vaccine hesitant. Do you know people refusing the vaccine and what reasons are they giving?

I know two. One is a member of a breakaway Penticostal group who's refused as he was told God would protect him.

The other is refusing because he "heard" (undoubtedly read on Facebook) that a lot of people were ending up in wheelchairs after getting the shot.
Shame every thread turns into a nasty slam fest. Appreciate the effort though.

Shame every thread turns into a nasty slam fest. Appreciate the effort though.
It was interesting reading everyone's stories of what they are personally dealing with and how they're handled it.

I don't know anyone yet who's had the disease but reading about members who are having to deal with it is heartbreaking.

Sorry Steve, like anyone else I probably do not have all the answers.
I hear from lots of sources that there's work on oral and nasal COVID treatments, but no idea how far off they are.
At some point in this person's life they will HAVE to receive injections of some kind, and if not for COVID, for something else.

Sounds like a pretty dire issue. Dire, as in...this person may very well die due to something other than COVID if they expend that much mental energy over this.
If he has a heart attack, they may very well have to inject as many as a dozen different meds in him to keep him alive, and if he gets combative and causes a delay he may end up paying the ultimate price.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

Oh, I get it. The guy's fear is absolutely manic. I don't like needles (does anyone?), but this guy's completely off the charts...

Back
Top Bottom