• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know any anti-vaxxers?

Irrelevant.

Yes, that's the argument most often used by those who don't have an argument...

Calling the resulting sentence "a nonsense sentence" and "gibberish" was either the inability to read for comprehension or a childish lie.

As written, it was nonsensical.

And what's a "harpie"?

I'm familiar with the "harpy", or both Roman and Greek mythology, but "harpie"? Not so much...

Your assumption that anti-vaxers have already had Covid is intellectually pathetic and dangerous. It's apology at best.

There ya go again...................another lie.

I never typed a single sentence in regards to this accusation.

People know when to be ashamed. Most people hate them. They know to keep their mouth shut in mixed company. No one should presume a nutbag is normal just because they're capable of behaving so for a few minutes.

Anti-vaxers are dangerous freaks. You should not attempt to normalize them.

No, I don't hate the ones I know, I pray for them, and the ones who have died, I mourned them.

The militant IN YO FACE violent hardcore ones are the ones I hate.
The ones making a fortune peddling their bullshit, are the ones I hate.

There ya go again...................another lie.

I never typed a single sentence in regards to this accusation.

"You're more a danger to them than they to you."

You credit all anti-vaxers with natural immunity. That's not reasonable. That's apologism creating a bs claim. A desperate attempt to turn the tables. A pathetic attempt to normalize, valorize even, the dangerous freaks.

Everyone can see what you did.

I never suggested it was rational.

I was simply pointing out that it's silly to believe that everyone who's not vaxxed is someone with a stupid moron victim fantasy, as was suggested by ecofarm.

This guy is just deathly afraid of needles...

Is he afraid of anaesthesia?

"You're more a danger to them than they to you."

You credit all anti-vaxers with natural immunity. That's not reasonable. That's apologism creating a bs claim. A desperate attempt to turn the tables. A pathetic attempt to normalize, valorize even, the dangerous freaks.

Another Ecofarm lie.

I never once stated that I credit all non vaxxers with natural immunity :ROFLMAO: More of your bullshit. :ROFLMAO:

I have stated in other threads that we should test first before vaccinating and let the people decide.

You credit all anti-vaxers with natural immunity.

Would you say that someone who's had the virus has natural immunity?

What about someone who's had it twice?

No, he's afraid of needles.

I though I'd made that part clear...
NO, he's not afraid of being anaesthetized?
Good, doc should knock his ass out and give him the shot.
Then he has nothing to fear because he will sleep through his phobia.

I'm curious about forum members' experience with people who are vaccine hesitant. Do you know people refusing the vaccine and what reasons are they giving?

I know two. One is a member of a breakaway Penticostal group who's refused as he was told God would protect him.

The other is refusing because he "heard" (undoubtedly read on Facebook) that a lot of people were ending up in wheelchairs after getting the shot.
I know a few, but I think it important to accept that people have different reason.

First group are a few younger police and firefighters who have already had covid last year BEFORE the vaccine and already recovered. They were our front line workers who had to go to work, and ended up exposed. They are young, healthy and feel they are already safe. Being they are all of child bearing aages, they have some concerns on that aspect too, especially since mRDNA they feel is too new. I don't necessarily agree with them about their concerns, but I don't feel they are just stupid either. I would categorize these as a political mixed bag, All union employees, many democrat voters, some Republicans.

Then the other person who is anti vax is no longer is, he is a WAS; he died from covid. This guy was late 60s and strong into conspiracies of all kinds. He was healthy despite his middle age, and very active. He caught covid from a family member while on vacation, had flu like symptoms for a few days, got worse but refused to seek medical help, but eventually ended up in the hospital on a respirator and died of covid pneumonia a few weeks later.

I believe if we wish to have honest conversations on covid and how we deal with it, it is important to stop politicizing it. Some people are prone to conspiracies--- just look how many believe it was so called "impossible" for Lee Harvey Oswald to make that shot. It wasn't impossible, but people believe what they believe, even without supporting facts, or ability to apply reason. Ask me and I see just as many pounding the drum for masks and unsupported reasoning for booster shots not based on science, as I do people who are hesitant to be vaccinated. I made my choice to be vaccinated on what I considered weighing my odds and sound reasoning, not fear, not virtue, not indoctrination, just the facts as best as I could apply them FOR MY situation. Not everybody applies reasoning the same way, some follow the crowd. If that were not true, then yoga pants would have already gone out of business.

I'm curious about forum members' experience with people who are vaccine hesitant. Do you know people refusing the vaccine and what reasons are they giving?

I know two. One is a member of a breakaway Penticostal group who's refused as he was told God would protect him.

The other is refusing because he "heard" (undoubtedly read on Facebook) that a lot of people were ending up in wheelchairs after getting the shot.
You might let your religious friend know that in his faith, God created the virus as well. Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible that God loves all his creations equally?

Curious, just how have folks' concerns about long term effects been addressed?
They really haven’t. No vaccine that I’m aware if has shown side effects after 8 weeks and that’s because vaccines by design are out of the body quickly.

But the TV talking heads don’t say that or don’t sat it enough. Only reason I know is cause i have the luxury of being able to read up on stuff. Most people don’t.

My parents. My father is in the ICU as we speak, and my mom has been sent home and is fighting it at home. My brother and I begged them for months to get vaccinated but they actively rejected it.

For my mom it's because she's spent the past 10 years in a multi level marketing scheme that sells minerals with healing powers and has been brainwashed into believing modern medicine is a sham and they're hiding the evidence of the minerals.

For my dad, he's extremely republican and a Trump voter, so between the talk show radio hosts, republican politicians, Trump and everyone else in that sphere telling him covid is no big deal and the vaccine is dangerous, combined with my mother whispering in his ear, he also refused to take it and is paying dearly for it. He's been in the hospital for weeks and is having the worst time of his life.

Even after all this, my mom still has the balls to tell me "Just think of how much worse it would've been had we taken the vaccine!"
MLMs are very cultlike.

I know a handful. One is a flat-earther, so he has zero credibility, right out of the box.

The others I know have gone on about how, even thought the virus is basically germ warfare unleashed on the planet by an evil Chinese government, we "know more about the virus that we do the vaccine". OK, I guess they have zero credibility, as well.

And just how're you gonna' do that? Hold them down against their will and jab a spike in their arm?

Hey .... "Big Steve"...use your imagination, mmmkay?
Or are you really intent on illustrating the difference between Jumbo Economy Size and Power Packed Concentrate? 😁

Of course, fortunately it turns out there are indeed other ways.
Mandates are apparently having the expected effect, in that large numbers of people are grudgingly going and getting their shots - - because now "THEY HAVE TO".

In "the olden days" when might made right (another macho favorite among "big" guys!) the world built leper colonies.
Of course, there really is a stark difference between lepers and militant anti-vaxxers!

The lepers were smart enough to TAKE the medicine when it finally became available, and thus the leper colonies could finally be torn down.
But if this pandemic is allowed to go on and on indefinitely all because some anti-vaxxers can't afford to have deir widdle fee-wingzes hurted, a variant may very well emerge that makes mince meat out of all vaccines.
And then, if that unthinkable scenario does come to pass, I doubt anyone will give a damn anymore about feelings.
Seems we already passed that point with Trumpy **** YOUR FEELINGS tee shirts.

But it may wind up going a step further, although I pray common sense will prevail.
In any case **** their feelings.

Colony2.jpg

So the whole world has a pandemic so Biden can get elected?

In regards to the 2020 election, how democrats took advantage of the pandemic is what counts. Biden was not strictly based on the fact that the pandemic occurred, He was elected as a result of his party using the pandemic as an excuse to upend our election system with unsecure mass mailout balloting.

Yes, that's the argument most often used by those who don't have an argument...

As written, it was nonsensical.

And what's a "harpie"?

I'm familiar with the "harpy", or both Roman and Greek mythology, but "harpie"? Not so much...

As written any adult should understand what was meant by the writer.

Intentional ignorance noted.

Last edited:
If they had it twice their natural immunity didn't work.

That makes sense.

The same could be said for those who've been vaccinated and still contracted the virus, yes? In such a case, what good was the vaccine?

As written any adult should understand what was meant by the writer.

Intentional ignorance noted.

Unlike you, I don't speak pretend languages with made-up words...

Back
Top Bottom