• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know any anti-vaxxers?

I'm such a danger to these people you seek to protect because... Because of some fantasy you have about me and other normal, vaccinated, people.

You can't deal with reality. You can't deal with the fact that anti-vaxers are dangerous freaks. Nope. You need a fantasy world wherein the decent people are really the threat and the dangerous freaks are the principled victims.

I deal with reality.

You spew political bullshit and whatever talking points you are fed.

I never suggested it was rational.

I was simply pointing out that it's silly to believe that everyone who's not vaxxed is someone with a stupid moron victim fantasy, as was suggested by ecofarm.

This guy is just deathly afraid of needles...

That's absolutely pathetic.

"I know about one guy who is mentally deranged!"

Good for you.

On this thread people have shared personal stories about relatives suffering from the disease. How about we keep it classy.

I attended a funeral last week of a fully vaccinated friend who had zero comorbidities, and these clowns here on Debate Politics all want to act like internet epidemiologists.

**** em!

That's absolutely pathetic.

"I know about one guy who is mentally deranged!"

Good for you.

Your comment would only be meaningful if my friend is the only guy in the world afraid of needles.

Do you believe there aren't people out there who are so deathly afraid of needles that they won't get vaccinated?

Back in '84 we pulled out of the Philippines, enroute to Perth, Australia. One of the guys who worked for me caught a case of the clap while we were in Subic. The Doc told him that he could take penicillin pills and not leave the ship in Australia, or get a two second shot in the ass cheek of his choice and enjoy five days off exploring western Australia.

The guy opted for the pills instead of five days off in Australia.

That's a guy who's petrified of needles...

I attended a funeral last week of a fully vaccinated friend who had zero comorbidities, and these clowns here on Debate Politics all want to act like internet epidemiologists.

**** em!
Sorry for your loss. For some the vaccine doesn't produce enough antibodies, and in your friend's case he seems to have reacted badly to the disease.

Even fully vaccinated you've got to be careful.

Your comment would only be meaningful if my friend is the only guy in the world afraid of needles.

Do you believe there aren't people out there who are so deathly afraid of needles that they won't get vaccinated?

I'm sure some people are deathly afraid of anything, and that's no excuse for the dangerous freaks.

My fiancee has a friend like that (in the Trump loving sense, probably unlike in the details that will follow in this post). They were great friends until this guy got hurt in a relationship and decided not to be gay anymore. Now he is full on self denying fascist (he has the balls to admit it too) who is deep into the idea of an anglo-saxon "christian" ethno-state. Very unhappy individual and also staunchly anti-vaccine.

The dude has been trying to get into a relationship with a woman for a few years now (but it never lasts past the second date) but ends up at these pool parties full of men (and he swears its just good watery fun).

I feel really bad for the dude whenever she brings him up.

Wow, my brain hurts trying to comprehend a "taco" with

*closeted self loathing gay
*fascist
*anti-vaxx

as the main ingredients.

Obviously not a taco you will ever want to try, right? 😁

1632421702298.png

**** em!

Recovered and vaccinated is better than recovered alone. Put that in your "I know epidemiology" file.

I'm sure some people are deathly afraid of anything, and that's no excuse for the dangerous freaks.

No, but referring to them as "dangerous freaks" is not only a stupid thing to do, it accomplishes nothing towards getting them vaccinated...

No, but referring to them as "dangerous freaks" is not only a stupid thing to do, it accomplishes nothing in getting them vaccinated...

They are dangerous freaks. I don't need the PC police protecting the snowflakes. And I don't need your "look what you made them do."

Sorry for your loss. For some the vaccine doesn't produce enough antibodies, and in your friend's case he seems to have reacted badly to the disease.

Even fully vaccinated you've got to be careful.

Don't look now......but some highly vaccinated states are beginning to see a surge.

I'll be no one wants to admit it after making fun of states not in line with their political ideologies.

It amazes me how Trump = AntiVax when true Trumpers have actually had the shot from quite a few that I know personally. Cognitive dissonance. Too many folks still think this is a left/right thing and it isn't.

Anyway, the ones that I know that are anti-vax aren't really saying much beyond that it hasn't had enough time too cook, mistrust and was rushed. One is truly conspiratorial.

Then there is the African-American cigar smokers that I know that will hard pass because of history and direct mistrust in the Gov/CDC. Google Tuskegee Syphilis Study if you are not familiar, it hasn't been forgotten.

Look, it's not that much of a surprise...but you're absolutely right that anti-vaxxism existed long before Trump and Trumpers.
What's happened is that it's now a "big business model" when it used to be more of a closeted cottage industry.
But you're also correct in saying that there's plenty of leftish anti-vaxxism...and that IS indeed a part of what used to be the so called "wellness community" and also a bunch of lefty Jenny McCarthy type activists.

But still, where's the loudest and most well funded source of anti-vaxx disinfo coming from?
RW evangelical churches, NewsMax, OAN, Fox News, and Putin's minions.
Them's dat gotz the most $$$ has gotz the biggest megaphones.

And while I do not know "Doctor" Joseph Mercola's personal politics, I do know he's being welcomed by the political Right.
Maybe he's a flaming libtard, but if he is, he's not saying so.

They are dangerous freaks. I don't need the PC police protecting the snowflakes. And I don't need your "look what you made them do."

You seem to be really heavy on this whole vaccine thing. So, let me ask you: Which do you think is going to more likely change someone's mind about vaccines: childish name-calling or making actual points and arguments which can be, presumably, verified?

Because if it's not the latter, you're simply part of the problem...

Some do not trust a vaccine can be safe based on previous ones taking five years to become FDA approved. Others are women in child bearing years who do not know how the vaccine will affect fertility and/or unborn child.
At this point well over a billion shots have been administered and it's been available since November 2020, almost a year.
The ****ing vaccines are safe, y'all.

Recovered and vaccinated is better than recovered alone. Put that in your "I know epidemiology" file.

There are studies that say otherwise.

Fully vaccinated are still dying from Delta.

Keep drinking the KoolAid.

Words mean things.

Those don't, and the poster didn't come back to correct it.

I don't presume to rethink what it is someone is trying to say. They say what they say and, if it makes sense, super.

That didn't...

Yes, words mean things. And people normally have the ability to understand sentences even with letters missing. The mind has the ability to fill in the missing information.

You seem to be really heavy on this whole vaccine thing.So, let me ask you: Which do you think is going to more likely change someone's mind about vaccines: childish name-calling or making actual points and arguments which can be, presumably, verified?

Because if it's not the latter, you're simply part of the problem...

This is not coddlemorons.com

This is a debate website.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Right here. At a debate website. If any anti-vaxer (dangerous freak) needs counseling about it, they should seek professional help or at least a safe space.

Yes, words mean things. And people normally have the ability to understand sentences even with letters missing. The mind has the ability to fill in the missing information.

Well, I can certainly think of a few situations where that could be extremely dangerous.

Best that we actually say what we mean, wouldn't you agree?

Good call.
"Look what you made me do!" is SOP for wife beaters, too. (y)

At this point well over a billion shots have been administered and it's been available since November 2020, almost a year.
The ****ing vaccines are safe, y'all.
To date 6.03 billion shots have been administered according to the NYT.

This is not coddlemorons.com

This is a debate website.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Right here. At a debate website. If any anti-vaxer (dangerous freak) needs counseling about it, they should seek professional help or at least a safe space.

I see.

So you don't actually care if these folks get vaccinated or not. You just like calling them names.

Got it...

I see.

So you don't actually care if these folks get vaccinated or not. You just like calling them names.

Got it...

I don't believe a debate website is where one attempts to change the dangerous freaks' minds. This is not their safe space. This is a debate website. This is not helpthedangerousfreaks.com

Back
Top Bottom