• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do gun right advocates support law and order?

"Goverment overreach" and excessive force by one outlying member of a police agency are two completely different subjects

Well..only until you realize that that "outlying member of a police agency"... was HIRED.. was TRAINED.. was ARMED..AND was GIVEN POWER.. by the government agency.

So much so.. that the other three officers watched it happen without intervening and in some cases assisting. Which means that they had to fear what was going to happen to them if they intervened.. MORE than what would happen if they simply let the black man die.

You know.. its kind of funny isn;t it... how so called conservatives... will yelp about the rioters and when they see a few rioters break windows and throw firebombs... suddenly its "black live matter".. who is responsible. Even though black lives matter isn;t really even an agency.. it has no control of who goes to these protests, nor what they do...

But suddenly.. the actions of a few.. are well the responsibility black lives matter....

But then.. a number of policeman.. in view of other policeman.. commit crimes and violence. and suddenly.. inexplicably... its their actions are NOT the responsibility of the government agency that HIRED THEM.. the VETTED THEM.. that TRAINED THEM.. and that ARMED THEM and gave them power.

Nope.. "don;t blame all for the actions of a few".

This hypocrisy is why so called conservatives have so little credibility.

And so we know the fellow who shot the kid in the head was a gun owner. So how do you know he wasn;t a trump supporter?

we don't. however, playing the percentages, the man who shot the 5 year old kid is probably a Biden supporter

why? because you hate gun owners?

They’re as responsible for Kyle Rittenhouse’s murders as he is. They aided and abetted. Literally. It’s on video.

we don't. however, playing the percentages, the man who shot the 5 year old kid is probably a Biden supporter

How by playing the percentages?

They’re as responsible for Kyle Rittenhouse’s murders as he is. They aided and abetted. Literally. It’s on video.

antifa is directly responsible for millions in damages and dozens of violent assaults and killings.

antifa is directly responsible for millions in damages and dozens of violent assaults and killings.

Of course they’re not. There is no such thing as antifa. Made up bull**** by Trump. Right wing terrorism is the single gravest domestic terror threat. That’s per Trump’s own government.

The one he ignores.

Of course they’re not. There is no such thing as antifa. Made up bull**** by Trump. Right wing terrorism is the single gravest domestic terror threat. That’s per Trump’s own government.

The one he ignores.

leftwing losers are the ones responsible for most of the violence

Like Steve Carillo and Robert Justus?

no, more like the ones who shot that retired police captain in St Louis, or smashed a police officer's horse with a brick in columbus, or the mopes who threw firebombs at police officers/vehicles etc.

no, more like the ones who shot that retired police captain in St Louis, or smashed a police officer's horse with a brick in columbus, or the mopes who threw firebombs at police officers/vehicles etc.

Oh, like Patrick Crusius then.

Oh, like Patrick Crusius then.

are you pretending that RW extremists caused more of the violence following the mass hysterics over the Floyd death, than left-wingers?

Couple of points:

First off those that support the 2nd A are not a bunch of right-wing nutjobs, or left wingers for that matter, the vast majority are simply Americans that believe in their right to bear arms, and by that it means they want to retain the right to hunt, self defense, and simply plinking or competing. It is a rare occurrence that some legal gun owner goes nuts and starts shooting people, but sadly it does happen but no new gun laws will change that from happening, none.

Secondly when it comes to the riots, not protests but Riots, it is up to the local authorities to deal with that and in some cases they have done a dismal job and are now at a loss on how to deal with it. Find a spine and put a stop to it, it is your JOB to look out for your community.

When it comes to left wing and right wing extremists, they are all terrorists and should be dealt with as such, arrest them and lock em up, end of story. Oh and there is plenty of guilt to go around, both extreme sides want a war and the majority should not be drawn into one, not unless they really want a taste of what real war means, ask any combat vet if they would like to see that happening here, they will be in your face in a heartbeat.

You want to stop the majority of shootings, go after the criminals, make it illegal to even belong to a gang, 5 years just for proof of membership, commit a crime using a gun, 10 years extra to the sentence for the crime itself, shoot anyone as part of gang or criminal organization crime and you get Life without parole. Release nonviolent criminals early if you need space in the prisons, but do what needs to be done, the killing has to stop.

My 2 cents

Couple of points:

First off those that support the 2nd A are not a bunch of right-wing nutjobs, or left wingers for that matter, the vast majority are simply Americans that believe in their right to bear arms, and by that it means they want to retain the right to hunt, self defense, and simply plinking or competing. It is a rare occurrence that some legal gun owner goes nuts and starts shooting people, but sadly it does happen but no new gun laws will change that from happening, none.

Secondly when it comes to the riots, not protests but Riots, it is up to the local authorities to deal with that and in some cases they have done a dismal job and are now at a loss on how to deal with it. Find a spine and put a stop to it, it is your JOB to look out for your community.

When it comes to left wing and right wing extremists, they are all terrorists and should be dealt with as such, arrest them and lock em up, end of story. Oh and there is plenty of guilt to go around, both extreme sides want a war and the majority should not be drawn into one, not unless they really want a taste of what real war means, ask any combat vet if they would like to see that happening here, they will be in your face in a heartbeat.

You want to stop the majority of shootings, go after the criminals, make it illegal to even belong to a gang, 5 years just for proof of membership, commit a crime using a gun, 10 years extra to the sentence for the crime itself, shoot anyone as part of gang or criminal organization crime and you get Life without parole. Release nonviolent criminals early if you need space in the prisons, but do what needs to be done, the killing has to stop.

My 2 cents
I'm also for very harsh sentences for armed criminals and gang members. If we coddle these animals they will never have any deterrent factor to perhaps make them think twice about what they are doing.

I really don't think so. IMO it is a bunch of BS. It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

They basically have said, if the government attempts to take away their guns, they have the green light to fight back....

This isn't supporting law and order. Stop with the charade.

Correctamundo. Rittenhouse was not only a vigilante, he is a murderer.

You're extrapolating a single data point into "RW extremists caused more of the violence following the mass hysterics over the Floyd death, than left-wingers"?

Nope.

I really don't think so. IMO it is a bunch of BS. It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

They basically have said, if the government attempts to take away their guns, they have the green light to fight back....

This isn't supporting law and order. Stop with the charade.

Of course we support law and order. That's why we defend the 2nd Amendment. Without it, the country would be ****ing mayhem.

Yeah.. and thats the point. If you don;t like the government overeach no matter who its affecting.. then conservatives should be supporting black lives matter and antifa.

They're ****ing communists. Why would we support them? They and all their communist followers want an all out gun ban. **** those idiots.

Incorrect.
No, that's literally what you've done. You've taken the single data point of "Umbrella Man" and used it to claim that you "don't have to pretend" that "RW extremists caused more of the violence following the mass hysterics over the Floyd death, than left-wingers."

No, that's literally what you've done. You've taken the single data point of "Umbrella Man" and used it to claim that you "don't have to pretend" that "RW extremists caused more of the violence following the mass hysterics over the Floyd death, than left-wingers."

I‘m not pretending anything. My point was we don’t know the source of all the violence. THe vast majority of protestors were peaceful. We know that DHS has labeled right wing terrorists as the greatest threat facing the country. We know they have murdered cops over the summer.

These are things we know, I don’t have to pretend.

When you use phrases like “data point” you don’t mean data. You can’t. Otherwise you wouldn’t be trying to make a mountain out of the SSS of “rioting” and yet I would bet money ya’ll think covid is a non-starter? You folks don’t mean “data” when you say data. Ever.

I‘m not pretending anything. My point was we don’t know the source of all the violence. THe vast majority of protestors were peaceful.
You didn't even try to make this point - you implied that the single instance of umbrella man was sufficient to contradict a claim that most of the destruction was not cause by right wingers.

We know that DHS has labeled right wing terrorists as the greatest threat facing the country. We know they have murdered cops over the summer.

Sigh. This isn't what DHS said. They said "White supremacists are greatest terror threat", which is a vastly different claim that "greatest threat". The terror threat is actually quite low compared to the risks of choking on your own vomit or drowning in your bathtub.

These are things we know, I don’t have to pretend.

You and I have a vastly different understanding of the meaning of the word 'know'

When you use phrases like “data point” you don’t mean data. You can’t. Otherwise you wouldn’t be trying to make a mountain out of the SSS of “rioting” and yet I would bet money ya’ll think covid is a non-starter? You folks don’t mean “data” when you say data. Ever.

Since I'm a data analyst in my day job, with an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and a graduate degree in Operations Management, I'm going to have to disagree with you. You're the one who just jumped to a conclusion about my understanding of Covid. I've been working 12 hour days since CNY because of Covid.

Back
Top Bottom