• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do gun right advocates support law and order?

I really don't think so. IMO it is a bunch of BS. It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

They basically have said, if the government attempts to take away their guns, they have the green light to fight back....

This isn't supporting law and order. Stop with the charade.

Maybe before posting this question you should take the time to review what went on before, during, and after the shooting. The guy that lost his arm very likely is on video pointing a handgun at the shooter. The guy that got killed was challenging and then persued the shooter. Lots went on that is yet to unfold.

It is. When Asians where getting discriminated in March a lot of Asian leaders were demanding people in their community to rise above the hate and be civil.

MLK Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc preached civility.

Gun supporters preach a dumb quote from Charlton Heston "from my cold dead hands."

"Yabba Dabba Doo" - Fred Flintstone

I can post quotes as well...and it has as much bearing and semblance to reality as what you posted.

"Yabba Dabba Doo" - Fred Flintstone

I can post quotes as well...and it has as much bearing and semblance to reality as what you posted.

For the next six months, [Democratic presidential candidate and then-Vice President of the United States, Al Gore] is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

Heston then paused to pick up a replica of a flintlock long rifle and continued:

So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!'

— Charlton Heston, May 20, 2000

That's why I cannot take gun advocates seriously. They come from a hateful, divisive place. A very dark part of our earth. You guys think of yourself as an advocacy group, on par with other social justice groups.

Supporting the ability to own high cap magazines, isn't a social cause, it is a sickness.

Supporting the ability to own high cap magazines, isn't a social cause, it is a sickness.

It's not a social cause, it's supporting Constitutional restrictions on the government.

What is a "high capacity magazine", anyway?

For the next six months, [Democratic presidential candidate and then-Vice President of the United States, Al Gore] is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

Heston then paused to pick up a replica of a flintlock long rifle and continued:

So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!'

That's why I cannot take gun advocates seriously. They come from a hateful, divisive place. A very dark part of our earth. You guys think of yourself as an advocacy group, on par with other social justice groups.

"For the next six months, [Democratic presidential candidate and then-Vice President of the United States, Al Gore] is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America."

"They come from a hateful, divisive place. A very dark part of our earth."

Do you not see the irony here?

"For the next six months, [Democratic presidential candidate and then-Vice President of the United States, Al Gore] is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America."

"They come from a hateful, divisive place. A very dark part of our earth."

Do you not see the irony here?

gun supporters simply do not support gun rights. They support the continued disenfranchisement of minorities and the continued assault on undocumented workers.

I have this neighbor who still blames high unemployment rates today on undocumented workers stealing jobs away from Americans.

That doesn't even make any sense.

gun supporters simply do not support gun rights. They support the continued disenfranchisement of minorities and the continued assault on undocumented workers.

I have this neighbor who still blames high unemployment rates today on undocumented workers stealing jobs away from Americans.

I have a neighbor that blames holes in his socks on garden gnomes.....therefore it must be global warming.

Bucky......you string together the most inane, unrelated, unsubstantiated CT conclusions ever to get tossed out in the English language, and somehow conclude its reality.

The next time you have a thought like the one above....just bury it deep in your cerebellum, and never let it see daylight.

Why don't we just end the needless killing of unarmed black men?

Also, if you see someone committing a petty/misdemeanor crime, a lot of you people think it is justified to shoot said person committing the non-violent crime.

That isn't justice. That is attempted murder.

It could be said that looting is a non violent crime. In my town it's on the books that looters are subject to being shot. And not just by police.

Originally Posted by Bucky
Minorities do not have the power or any sort of privileges
post#24 excerpt

Did you ever stop and think that this is the kind of stuff that minorities feed off of? They get told that often enough and after a while they believe it. It's people like you that are the problem.

I really don't think so. IMO it is a bunch of BS. It appears to me gun supporters believe if they don't feel the government is doing an adequate job, it gives them the green light to take the law in their own hands and start acting like John Wick.

They basically have said, if the government attempts to take away their guns, they have the green light to fight back....

This isn't supporting law and order. Stop with the charade.
And you're basing all this on the actions of a 17 year old? Sound logic, big guy, very sound logic. :roll:

And you're basing all this on the actions of a 17 year old? Sound logic, big guy, very sound logic. :roll:

Anyone that will wash off graffiti has to be racist, right?

Some 17-year old murderer with a long gun ar-15 out in public was treated with more respect by the cops than a defenseless black man. Think about that.

I really hope that sinks in your conscious.

Please add to your outrage all the white americans murdered by black criminals. You arguments carry no weight because you ignore the truth of violence in America. When you don't recognize ALM then you miss the point.

=Bucky;1072528718]gun supporters simply do not support gun rights. They support the continued disenfranchisement of minorities and the continued assault on undocumented workers.

Oook WTF that means who knows. Never new I supported all that. But I do support gun rights.
And I thought the high unemployment rate was Trumps fault. According to you guys everything is.

You wrote it.

It's not a social cause, it's supporting Constitutional restrictions on the government.

What is a "high capacity magazine", anyway?

It’s a made up arbitrary term, however with that said I am not totally opposed to a type of high capacity magazine tax or permit program. To me a magazine wouldn’t qualify for height capacity until it reaches the 35+rounds number I wouldn’t outlaw the 50-100 round drums but would compromise allowing those to be taxed and needing permits to own in exchange for taking standard magazines off the chopping block.

I have a neighbor that blames holes in his socks on garden gnomes.....therefore it must be global warming.

Bucky......you string together the most inane, unrelated, unsubstantiated CT conclusions ever to get tossed out in the English language, and somehow conclude its reality.

The next time you have a thought like the one above....just bury it deep in your cerebellum, and never let it see daylight.

That's a scary place. It's called Bucky World.

It’s a made up arbitrary term, however with that said I am not totally opposed to a type of high capacity magazine tax or permit program. To me a magazine wouldn’t qualify for height capacity until it reaches the 35+rounds number I wouldn’t outlaw the 50-100 round drums but would compromise allowing those to be taxed and needing permits to own in exchange for taking standard magazines off the chopping block.

I've never actually seen the Democrats offer a compromise.

=Chillfolks;1072532213]It’s a made up arbitrary term, however with that said I am not totally opposed to a type of high capacity magazine tax or permit program. To me a magazine wouldn’t qualify for height capacity until it reaches the 35+rounds number

Thirty[30] would be fine, but I wouldn't be giving up any that held more.

I wouldn’t outlaw the 50-100 round drums but would compromise allowing those to be taxed and needing permits to own in exchange for taking standard magazines off the chopping block.

Well I already said thirty[30] is fine. Since I'm not into the drum mags. it's no hair off my ass, but then they're are people that like them and I would not compromise them away. Even if they don't get the drums that time there's always the next.

post#24 excerpt

Did you ever stop and think that this is the kind of stuff that minorities feed off of? They get told that often enough and after a while they believe it. It's people like you that are the problem.

We aren't going to stop. We demand justice for Jacob Blake and nothing will stop us from getting it.

Be prepared for war. This will not just go away.

It is. When Asians where getting discriminated in March a lot of Asian leaders were demanding people in their community to rise above the hate and be civil.

MLK Jr, Nelson Mandela, etc preached civility.

Gun supporters preach a dumb quote from Charlton Heston "from my cold dead hands."

99.9% of gun owners lead peaceful and quiet lives.

I guess Mr. Bucky wasn't alive during the L.A. riots when many hard working Asians took to the streets with weapons to defend their businesses from the senseless destruction and murder.

7ad.jpg

170427180813-01-la-riots-koreatown-trump-100-days-restricted-super-tease.jpg

Some 17-year old murderer with a long gun ar-15 out in public was treated with more respect by the cops than a defenseless black man. Think about that.

I really hope that sinks in your conscious.

Has the investigation been concluded to determine if this 17 year old was a vigilante or otherwise OR are you just jumping to conclusions based on short video clips and subjective opinion? You know .. like the event that kicked off this rioting based on emotion and feeling?

We aren't going to stop. We demand justice for Jacob Blake and nothing will stop us from getting it.

A criminal with an active warrant for sexual assault, trespassing and a history of unfavorable violent altercations with law enforcement sets a precedent .. what will the outcome be if/when it rules in favor of the law enforcement officer? Jacob Blake was a douche with a criminal background and reality will soon manifest itself.

What justice do you seek?

Are you done with your diatribe now? Do you even know what a magazine is? What is your definition of a high capacity magazine?

Back
Top Bottom