• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

I would not condone them either , if they were getting into the faces of citizens in private places such as restaurants, etc... . angry public protest is one thing, but intruding upon people's lives is another
I think it’s funny how you moved the cite of intimidation from streets and into restaurants, as if feeling intimidated in a restaurant is more outrageous. As a woman, you wouldn’t believe how uncomfortable and scary it can be on public streets. Charlottesville occurred on the streets and in private areas like on the property of black churches and synagogues. Armed minorities didn’t show up to blast them all away. They showed up in the Capitol building, and again, they weren’t shot and killed. This is absurd that you’re arguing a black man opening and carrying a gun in a restaurant deserves to be killed for yelling.

Again, right wingers made it legal to open carry. It’s not illegal to display a firearm. It’s not illegal to yell and display anger in a restaurant. For once you realize seeing people open carry and protesting is intimidating. The law is absurd, but we have been dealing with the absurd law and screaming armed white people for years, and as of today you’re suddenly saying a black guy probably deserves to die for open carrying and yelling in a restaurant. Do I feel sorry for you or for your feelings? No. Conservatives have defended these laws and this behavior most of my life. If you’re going to defend right wing militias and neo Nazis for angerily displaying guns and intimidating black and brown people, then I expect you to do it when it’s a black person yelling at a white man.

What was the point of aiming a gun at the protesters? They weren’t doing anybody any harm.
why would they when there is a gun pointed at them?
we have seen such similar protests where the protesters did cause harm, so the threat of harm is very real.
it is sad that so many expect people to allow themselves to be injured before they can put up any sort of defense.

it was one old man who couldn't put up a fight against multiple protesters had they decided to be violent. he had a small derringer, two shots at most. from what I have gathered, he wasn't violating the law in any way. (that remains to be seen still, I think)

Overall I am much more intriqued by the obviously armed tall black woman telling the protesters to just go.
finally a protester with some brains and self control and enough concern to try and exert some control on the situation.

Is it the intention of the Left to disarm citizens so they can get in the face of people withour fear of retribution?
Having the right to own a fire arm and having the right to open carry and brandish loaded, semi automatic rifles is another matter.

What if the old man was holding his gun sideways gangsta style? Would that impress you more?
that's about all you can do with a little derringer like that.

something about the difference between being at the ready and being "on station"...

The BLM protesters whole objective was to intimidate the diners at that restaurant. You want to blame the diners for the success of the BLM protestors? :rolleyes:

You really have nothing but the race card. Pathetic.
So you think you should have the right to kill a person because they yelled at you and you felt scared of their right to open carry? The laws are the laws. It you defend neo Nazis intimidating non whites with angry protests while strapped with semi automatic rifles, then I expect you to do the same when it’s a black protest movement. No ****ing excuse.

We dont know if he was justified in pulling his gun out or not without video. We don't know exactly how hostile/preachy the protest crowd was. But if they have guns and are trespassing and wont leave that is never a good stack of events to have.

But if noone said anything threatening and they were just trying to say something and leave and the guy pointed a gun at them then thats pretty wrong. But if they started walking around like they own the place and surrounding people like a robbery is about to happen then I dont blame the guy for pulling his gun.

A video would help alot.

So you think you should have the right to kill a person because they yelled at you and you felt scared of their right to open carry? The laws are the laws. It you defend neo Nazis intimidating non whites with angry protests while strapped with semi automatic rifles, then I expect you to do the same when it’s a black protest movement. No ****ing excuse.
To be fair cops are allowed to shoot women in the face and not get charged with murder when the woman knocked on the police car and ask for help. *shrugs* The world is insane.

It's weird that white people invading the capitol is just fine patriotism in action but this is criminal behavior. GEE I WONDER WHAT THE KEY DIFFERENCE IS.

I guess the right to bear arms only applies to white people?
Well if we are using that logic they shoulda been shot like Ashli Babbit then. All in the head 1 by 1. Whoops I think you messed up.

Perceived a threat? From people legally carrying firearms as is their right under the 2nd amendment?
You dont have a right to just bust into someones place of business and not buy anything and just protest instead and try to drive their customers away. Now if you have a gun and you do this and enter a business and scream at all the customers there is a very very high chance a cop is going to shoot you dead without warning.

the right 22 hollow point can **** you up. you'll take longer to die with more pain if it bounces around inside you just right.

or you can feel ok but then die days later on as the bullet continues to cut a path through your body to the wrong place.

it may be easier to live from a .22 round at times but it is not by any means non lethal.
.22 can kill you just as dead as a 3.57 its just that is has a higher chance of hitting non fatal spots, but it can still hit that fatal spot. Assassin's gun of choice is actually a .22 because you can modify it to make some pistols fully automatic and with a silencer you could ambush someone and their neighbor would never know.

Well..I watched the video from fox. I didn't see anyone protestors storm into a restaurant. I saw protestors outside a restaurant that had some tables on the street.
I didn't see any threats to the fellow with the gun out. The white fellow was the only one threatening with a pistol..while most of the protestors walked by. Frankly I looked like the white fellow broke the law by brandishing a firearm.
Oh I didnt see the video ill have to go back and look for it.

And of course the BLM protestors will claim they didn't do anything to incite the trouble. As if getting up in peoples faces and yelling and screaming and make threats is nothing.
Sticks and stones...

What he is saying is asinine.

All a gun EVER does is make a bad situation worse.

In this case, a guy comes in with a gun, legally and you start firing at him because he is loud, he is gonna shoot back.

So, instead of no shots fired we have lots of shots fired. This is how guns for protection really works, they ALWAYS make shit worse.
You cant enter private businesses with a gun just to cause a protest scene with zero intention of doing business lol. Youre gonna end up getting shot to death. Keep that shit to public areas and even then a triggy happy cop might still take you out even though its your right to be armed.

I think it’s funny how you moved the cite of intimidation from streets and into restaurants, as if feeling intimidated in a restaurant is more outrageous. As a woman, you wouldn’t believe how uncomfortable and scary it can be on public streets. Charlottesville occurred on the streets and in private areas like on the property of black churches and synagogues. Armed minorities didn’t show up to blast them all away. They showed up in the Capitol building, and again, they weren’t shot and killed. This is absurd that you’re arguing a black man opening and carrying a gun in a restaurant deserves to be killed for yelling.

Again, right wingers made it legal to open carry. It’s not illegal to display a firearm. It’s not illegal to yell and display anger in a restaurant. For once you realize seeing people open carry and protesting is intimidating. The law is absurd, but we have been dealing with the absurd law and screaming armed white people for years, and as of today you’re suddenly saying a black guy probably deserves to die for open carrying and yelling in a restaurant. Do I feel sorry for you or for your feelings? No. Conservatives have defended these laws and this behavior most of my life. If you’re going to defend right wing militias and neo Nazis for angerily displaying guns and intimidating black and brown people, then I expect you to do it when it’s a black person yelling at a white man.

no, you're wrong, completely.

its not me being against their behavior because of who they are, its you condoning their behavior because of who they are. I don't care WHO they are , I am going to have a negative opinion of them if they get in people's faces making demands when those people are trying to go about their normal , peaceful lives. full stop.

if someone gets in your face when you are walking down the street, I will have a bad opinion of him or her. that is all.

anything else is your attempt to rationalize bad behavior by putting non-existent criteria of YOUR making to my thoughts on the matter.

You cant enter private businesses with a gun just to cause a protest scene with zero intention of doing business lol. Youre gonna end up getting shot to death. Keep that shit to public areas and even then a triggy happy cop might still take you out even though its your right to be armed.

If he is legally carrying, the gun is a none issue.
Is there a law that you can't attend a protest armed? I know Trumpists do this. Different rules for the left?

Can you shoot someone for protesting illegally? Not in any of the 50 states.

So, what the **** are you talking about?

Ok I watched the video... That old white man is lucky he didnt get shot. Noone ever pointed a gun at him and the people with guns never occupied the restaurant

because it is what happened to the McCloskeys for merely trying to defend their home and whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
These people were idiots who were pointing their gun at EVERYONE walking by. You never ever ever ever ever aim your barrel at someone unless you are taking them in or shooting.

so, in the video, who has the gun?? I can't see it. I see what looks like a holser on the tall black lady's hip, but I don't see anyone with a gun drawn.
View attachment 67331924
2 guns seen clearly in the picture, both of them held by protestors (on private property confronting people eating)

Right above my word picture and above the e in private

2 guns seen clearly in the picture, both of them held by protestors (on private property confronting people eating)

so what?

Trumpisms carry guys all the time to intimidate. We do not shoot them.

so what?

Did I miss something or did someone get shot here?
BLM confronted people eating, someone pulled a gun to intimidate back and the only thing you point to is the white gun with a gun.

so what?

and neither should the aggressors here be shot for carrying guns. they do need to be looked upon badly though for getting in peoples faces.

nevertheless, such an event could and probably eventually will spiral out of control.

TBH, I dont carry guns & dont plan on starting, but if I were sitting there eating and someone walked up to me with a rifle like that, I'd go ahead and shoot them. No hesitation.
I'm not waiting until I'm actually being fired at. Its too late then.
Harassing other people in a restaurant carrying long guns is not "exercising 2nd Amendment rights".
I don't think there's a jury in the world that would convict.
Of course if I were carrying a pea shooter like that guy, it would make me hesitate.
Lol the 2 guys with rifles maintained it in a neutral position slung over their body and pointed at the ground. They never once yelled at anyone or pointed the gun at anyone. They never once trespassed. The old white guy is lucky he wasnt shot dead for aiming his barrel at people.

not sure where you get your synopsis of outcomes there, but how does one believe that getting in someone's face, screaming and yelling with a weapon at low ready position, help to fix this imagery?
The guys with rifles never screamed at anyone you are making stuff up. It was 1 black lady who trespassed and screamed and she got shoved out the eating area by the other lady. The 2 white guys with rifles never yelled or tresspassed they just stood there and talked calmly as the old white guy pointed his barrel at them.

Last edited:
How do you think minorities feel seeing armed white people screaming and yelling in Charlottesville and other places? They bring their flags, symbols of white supremacy, and guns, and they even stormed the Capitol building displaying neo nazi symbols. Minorities feel threatened, but oh well. How dare a black man open carry and yell. It’s legal to open carry. It’s not a crime to yell or show anger. Face it, you are more scared of black armed people yelling than white armed people yelling while flying a nazi flag.

If minorities can survive without the need to shoot and kill every angry, armed, white supremacist with a loud voice and a gun, then you can survive too.
Thats a huge lie to call the people who fell for QAnon stuff nazi, white supremacists. I only saw 1 rebel flag there and it looked like some random guy. You make leftists look absurd when you call everyone you hate a nazi.

Back
Top Bottom