• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

Shaking my head....

You have a protest going on with some of the protesters using their 2nd Amendment rights (if this were conservatives, they would be complaining about the gun rights law there, but they aren't..imagine that) and you have a person at a restaurant draw on them...and the right commends him.

But you have an insurrection where some persons involved are armed, but how many was not known, and despite repeated orders to stand down, the insurrectionists ignored a lawful order and kept on breaking the law, where one lady made a threatening move and was shot and killed....and the right screams about it.

Give me a break.....

Just to point out.. that was a split in the NRA at that time. Many in the NRA were strong supporters of gun rights including black folks having firearms. When the leadership of the NRA decided to go with the fear mongerers (oh no.. black folks with firearms).. the rank and file disagreed and eventually ended up with a change in leadership, which is when the NRA became much more against infringements of the second amendment.

Its kind of the irony of liberals/democrats supporting gun control. Gun controls past and present roots stem from racism. Its pretty easy to see. Those that promote gun control are unwittingly.. (or wittingly in some cases).. promoting institutional racism.

Curious to see if you have a link to show that the change in leadership was linked to an uprising of the NRA rank and file regular members with respect to the leadership's stance on the gun rights of Black Panthers.

Curious to see if you have a link to show that the change in leadership was linked to an uprising of the NRA rank and file regular members with respect to the leadership's stance on the gun rights of Black Panthers.
Here is an article..

The split really came about because of the gun control of the 1960's.. which was in response to the civil rights movement and the fear of armed black people.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...istory-race-black-panther-party-conservatives

Another that details the split.. its decidedly anti NRA and glosses over that gun control was the result of racism.. but,, it does detail the split.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c62288-59b9-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html

That ain't freedom they are fighting for......
Tell that to the American soldiers in the VA. You will end up getting your backside kicked by a hero with only 1 leg.

Here is an article..

The split really came about because of the gun control of the 1960's.. which was in response to the civil rights movement and the fear of armed black people.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...istory-race-black-panther-party-conservatives

Another that details the split.. its decidedly anti NRA and glosses over that gun control was the result of racism.. but,, it does detail the split.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c62288-59b9-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html

Thnks

It is interesting that the gun control bill passed with a clear bipartisan record

From the link

In 1968, after years of debate, a later iteration of Dodd’s bill passed in the House of Representatives 305–118, with 157 Democrats and 147 Republicans voting in favor. It then passed in the Senate with support from 39 Democrats and 31 Republicans — in other words, with a level of bipartisan support that’s pretty much unimaginable for any gun control bill today.

The above most probably reflects also the public sentiment with about 70% supporting gun control

Bundy has nothing to do with assholes running the streets violating other people's right.
Open carry and protesting doesn’t violate your rights.

Thnks

It is interesting that the gun control bill passed with a clear bipartisan record

From the link

In 1968, after years of debate, a later iteration of Dodd’s bill passed in the House of Representatives 305–118, with 157 Democrats and 147 Republicans voting in favor. It then passed in the Senate with support from 39 Democrats and 31 Republicans — in other words, with a level of bipartisan support that’s pretty much unimaginable for any gun control bill today.

The above most probably reflects also the public sentiment with about 70% supporting gun control
Well..the fear of black folks with guns was very high.

Tell that to the American soldiers in the VA. You will end up getting your backside kicked by a hero with only 1 leg.
Many already know, at least the smart ones.

Bet pool: when does the first shooting melee start in the streets? White v black?
Seems like "ending racism" is working pretty well eh?
I dont carry a firearm, but if I did and "armed protestors" came in to shriek in my face, I believe that would have to be considered a threat yes?

Shouldn't be long now, all out battling in the streets.
"Ending racism" BWAHAHAHAHA, they just aren't getting it. Going EXACTLY backwards.
Oh well, we tried to tell you! Dont say you weren't warned!
That is what they want - or rather, the people behind them want. It is the same tactics as color revolutions implemented elsewhere. Heck, in 1953, we used similar tactics to overthrow Mosaddegh in Iran. Kermit Roosevelt paid rioters from both political sides to fight each other in the street to make it look like Mosaddegh had no control of what was happening.

Says the guy who logs on, goes to my profile, pulls up the most recent posts, and trolls them every single morning, in a cluster. I have to yet again remind you that I am not the subject of the thread.

White people freaking out when black people are armed but not freaking out when angry white people are armed is the subject. Do you have anything to say about the subject?
Were the pics you posted on-topic or not? That was the question. Once again you deflect.

An unarmed white girl was shot by the capital police on Jan 6. Think about it. What if she were black they'd be painting murals of her on the sides of buildings.
You can say that. But I've already stated that it was pretty.much the same as the black girl rushing another with a knife that got shot.

And that i would have no sympathy if either was a close friend.

Play stupid games and all.

I have said more than once already, and I will say it again, being allowed to open carry semi automatic rifles in America is crazy. I don’t condone any of this. I don’t condone it for white people, for Nazis, BLM, or anybody. This kind of stuff looks horrifying to the rest of the world. But the fact of the matter is, it’s legal to brandish firearms in public and call for violent rebellion and race war. If a nazi is allowed to intimidate blacks people, march in minority neighborhoods, and invade government buildings all while armed and do it without being shot and killed, then the same representative government should recognize that black people and minorities have the same rights. You, sir, are the one condoning this outrageous behavior for one side. I don’t hesitate to think for a second that the first black person who gets blown away by a scared white person in IHOP will be labeled a thug, a criminal, and well beyond deserving to be killed because that’s a scary black guy. I am not stupid to how most white people feel about organized black men brandishing semi automatic rifles like some kind of Oath Keepers or Bundy Ranch thugs. They aren’t white, so they will scare families in the suburbs and stuff. They will get killed, and many Americans will feel safer for it.

I am not condoning THIS behavior for anyone. I am fine with peaceful protest and I am fine with carrying firearms.

it is when they enter a privately owned business to get in a customers face directly is where my problem begins, which very well could be against the law.

you see that is the part you are glossing over, seemingly intentionally. there are nuances to how to do things properly. just because you want these protesters to be able to get in peoples faces , you try to rationalize their behavior. now whether that is intentional or not I do not know.. sometimes people get caught up emotionally for "their side". happens to me as well, at times, but the way they are going about it here , is wrong.

oh and that is for everyone, thanks. if conservative gun owners did this I would be against them as well.

Says the guy who logs on, goes to my profile, pulls up the most recent posts, and trolls them every single morning, in a cluster. I have to yet again remind you that I am not the subject of the thread.

White people freaking out when black people are armed but not freaking out when angry white people are armed is the subject. Do you have anything to say about the subject?

Were the pics you posted on-topic or not? That was the question. Once again you deflect.

Question? Where's the question mark in this post:

Ah posting silly pics that have nothing to do with the OP in an attempt to deflect. Obvious fallacy is obvious.

No question. Just more moronic trolling.

At any rate, if you cannot figure out the relevance of things that demonstrate that white people do not freak out when white people have weapons, but do when black people have them, you have no business on a debate site.

They were just trying to help out the folks eating red meat.
That was mighty nice of them. I'm not sure how open carrying assault rifles addresses the impacts of meat production and consumption, but gun toters have been known to believe some weird things.

So you can carry in a restaurant or bar unless liquor generates 50% of the income? What kind of bar does not get more then 50% of income from booze? I don't know enough of the restaurant industry to know about them but I do know that liquor is a huge profit generator,. What ****ed up NRA shrill wrote this law?
The point is to allow carry in restaurants and not in bars. The NRA, rather than let business owners or gun owners have a loophole of "This isn't a bar, it's Fred's peanut and chip Restaurant." just cut that off and said "if you sell mostly booze, you're a bar and no one should have a gun in a bar."

Makes sense.

I saw a group of black Capitol police officers on the news. They said they were yelled at all day and called the n word non stop.

Think of the history of the KKK, lynchings, and all the terrorism. The first time black people organized and armed was with the black panthers, and white America lost its mind.

There has already been armed BLM protestors being killed. One was in Texas. A speeding car killed an armed protestor and drive off, and the Texas police made no arrests. My home state had a speeding car plow into protestors, and the police let the person go without issue. Local FB posts were full of haters saying BLM got was it deserved in being run down. It was so ugly.
Don't forget the deaths and injuries at NFAC rallies.

I am not condoning THIS behavior for anyone. I am fine with peaceful protest and I am fine with carrying firearms.

it is when they enter a privately owned business to get in a customers face directly is where my problem begins, which very well could be against the law.

you see that is the part you are glossing over, seemingly intentionally. there are nuances to how to do things properly. just because you want these protesters to be able to get in peoples faces , you try to rationalize their behavior. now whether that is intentional or not I do not know.. sometimes people get caught up emotionally for "their side". happens to me as well, at times, but the way they are going about it here , is wrong.

oh and that is for everyone, thanks. if conservative gun owners did this I would be against them as well.
How do you think minorities feel seeing neo Nazis and militias armed to the the teeth while marching on the streets? That’s ok because it’s not a restaurant? Invading the Michigan state Capitol with guns is ok with you? Bring them to the National Capitol? Arm up, go to Charlottesville and stand on the private property of synagogues and black churches? I have seen armed protestors standing in front of my state Capitol waving Confederate flags, but I guess I should move right along right? But oh god, if a black guy with a gun and high volume voice shows up in a restaurant you’re at, shoot that thug, right? It’s legal to open carry in restaurants unless posted otherwise.

The law as been fine when it’s white people harassing non whites. That’s BS.

The point is to allow carry in restaurants and not in bars. The NRA, rather than let business owners or gun owners have a loophole of "This isn't a bar, it's Fred's peanut and chip Restaurant." just cut that off and said "if you sell mostly booze, you're a bar and no one should have a gun in a bar."

Makes sense.
There are states that allow open carry in bars. America is ****ing crazy.

If you attack the election process with the intent of violently stopping it, you hate the republic. End of story.

What if haters threaten a jury pool that if they find a white cop not guilty there will be nationwide riots? Would that allowed under your rules?

How do you think minorities feel seeing neo Nazis and militias armed to the the teeth while marching on the streets? That’s ok because it’s not a restaurant? Invading the Michigan state Capitol with guns is ok with you? Bring them to the National Capitol? Arm up, go to Charlottesville and stand on the private property of synagogues and black churches? I have seen armed protestors standing in front of my state Capitol waving Confederate flags, but I guess I should move right along right? But oh god, if a black guy with a gun and high volume voice shows up in a restaurant you’re at, shoot that thug, right? It’s legal to open carry in restaurants unless posted otherwise.

The law as been fine when it’s white people harassing non whites. That’s BS.
I never said any of that was ok... some of it is , but some of what you described is not, such as all of the people going on private property unless the owners permit it.

I do , however, believe you are exaggerating a bit and not all of those people were Nazis.

and yes a state capitol is great place to protest, as long as it is peaceful , because it is public property and we all pay taxes to fund it.

There are states that allow open carry in bars. America is ****ing crazy.
Do their bars or cities have higher violence rates than states or towns that don't?

Question? Where's the question mark in this post:

No question. Just more moronic trolling.

At any rate, if you cannot figure out the relevance of things that demonstrate that white people do not freak out when white people have weapons, but do when black people have them, you have no business on a debate site.
It's amusing how all the people who got their panties in such a twist about people protesting at the Michigan state capital have no problem with this incident.

I never said any of that was ok... some of it is , but some of what you described is not, such as all of the people going on private property unless the owners permit it.

I do , however, believe you are exaggerating a bit and not all of those people were Nazis.

and yes a state capitol is great place to protest, as long as it is peaceful , because it is public property and we all pay taxes to fund it.
All of it is legal. You’re the one acting like it’s suddenly not legal if it’s BLM open carrying in a restaurant where you can also open carry.

Back
Top Bottom