• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

I would love to support their cause but I cannot support bullies and trouble makers.
I have no love of any fascists either, but I can't agree how they are going about it. Guess we ahve common ground in that.

You would have been outraged over the bus boycotts and sit ins, we know.
If the Bundy Ranch people were black, the right wing would have been angry. They would have been a bunch of freeloading blacks, not willing to pay their property taxes, and expecting to live on government land and off the hardworking taxpayers FOR FREE.

I know a guy, Fox News viewer, Trump suppprter, and he would have been watching black Bundy Ranch news coverage enraged, like send in the feds now, and remove these people. Obama is letting these people run wild. WTF.

The only time to my knowledge the NRA came in full support of gun controls was when Black armed guys appeared in CA's Capitol

In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s
Those guns are for kids these days

The only time to my knowledge the NRA came in full support of gun controls was when Black armed guys appeared in CA's Capitol

In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s
Just to point out.. that was a split in the NRA at that time. Many in the NRA were strong supporters of gun rights including black folks having firearms. When the leadership of the NRA decided to go with the fear mongerers (oh no.. black folks with firearms).. the rank and file disagreed and eventually ended up with a change in leadership, which is when the NRA became much more against infringements of the second amendment.

Its kind of the irony of liberals/democrats supporting gun control. Gun controls past and present roots stem from racism. Its pretty easy to see. Those that promote gun control are unwittingly.. (or wittingly in some cases).. promoting institutional racism.

If the Bundy Ranch people were black, the right wing would have been angry. They would have been a bunch of freeloading blacks, not willing to pay their property taxes, and expecting to live on government land and off the hardworking taxpayers FOR FREE.

I know a guy, Fox News viewer, Trump suppprter, and he would have been watching black Bundy Ranch news coverage enraged, like send in the feds now, and remove these people. Obama is letting these people run wild. WTF.
There is some definite truth in that.

You conveniently left out the trespassing with a gun part
having a gun is irrelevant, it's like saying he had a football

trespassing is a misdemeanor if anyone ever bothered to enforce it.

Not reason to shoot someone

Heres some advice: It doesnt apply to this case BUT if you want to trespass and do it armed with a gun and refuse to leave you might get shot.

It is more likely you would be hit by lightening than to be shot for trespassing.

ok so i was incorrect about who was doing the screaming, that still does not belay my point.

there is more video here: https://news.yahoo.com/diner-brandishes-gun-blm-protesters-083525905.html
with plenty of protesters screaming. and had come in the restaurant property including the outdoor dining space. remember you may not see everything that happened in the video as it is edited.

there are 3 points I made in this thread: 1. it makes one look bad to go screaming at people in a peaceful facility 2. the guy pulling the derringer was in the wrong for aiming a weapon and 3. things like this will most likely spiral out of control eventually.
I looked at the video. the man already has his firearm out. I see no one threatening him.. or even in the restaurant area.. just still on the sidewalk.
It looks to me that those standing by.. were reacting to him pulling a firearm on them.

If you have some video that shows the actions BEFORE he has the firearm out.. I would like to see it. Because based on this.. it looks to me like he is illegally brandishing his firearm.

How you folks fix you fingers to type the stuff you do is amazing. This is earth shattering news. January the sixth, nothing to see here move on.

The Jan 6 protesters in DC didn't set any buildings or police cars on fire did they? Why is that kind of behavior still being allowed in Seattle and Portland with people getting released with no bail to do it over and over?

They are running wild.

So, what the **** is your point?

And maybe that chick that got shot on the 6th will make trump supporters think twice about raiding the Capitol.

You might he onto something here.

An unarmed white girl was shot by the capital police on Jan 6. Think about it. What if she were black they'd be painting murals of her on the sides of buildings.

An unarmed white girl was shot by the capital police on Jan 6. Think about it. What if she were black they'd be painting murals of her on the sides of buildings.

That's what happens to traitors, though.

That's what happens to traitors, though.

One man's traitor is another man's freedom fighter. The cops didn't have to shoot her. I think one of them has committed suicide since. Ashli Babbitt didn't have to die that day.

Sure. If the other man hates the republic.

You can love the republic and still hate how it's be being run. That's what's people mean when they invoke their freedom of speech under the US Constitution.

You can love the republic and still hate how it's be being run. That's what's people mean when they invoke their freedom of speech under the US Constitution.

If you attack the election process with the intent of violently stopping it, you hate the republic. End of story.

as opposed to a convicted felon who was fighting a police officer?
They had no choice but to execute her. Those armed and professionally trained capitol police protecting our leaders had no chance of stopping a single unarmed woman any other way. I am not sure a company of navy seals could have stopped her.

Bundy has nothing to do with assholes running the streets violating other people's right.

Who are you talking about? Those three goobers in Georgia?

I have said more than once already, and I will say it again, being allowed to open carry semi automatic rifles in America is crazy. I don’t condone any of this. I don’t condone it for white people, for Nazis, BLM, or anybody. This kind of stuff looks horrifying to the rest of the world. But the fact of the matter is, it’s legal to brandish firearms in public and call for violent rebellion and race war. If a nazi is allowed to intimidate blacks people, march in minority neighborhoods, and invade government buildings all while armed and do it without being shot and killed, then the same representative government should recognize that black people and minorities have the same rights. You, sir, are the one condoning this outrageous behavior for one side. I don’t hesitate to think for a second that the first black person who gets blown away by a scared white person in IHOP will be labeled a thug, a criminal, and well beyond deserving to be killed because that’s a scary black guy. I am not stupid to how most white people feel about organized black men brandishing semi automatic rifles like some kind of Oath Keepers or Bundy Ranch thugs. They aren’t white, so they will scare families in the suburbs and stuff. They will get killed, and many Americans will feel safer for it.
Maybe these people in other countries running tail between their legs here for asylum should get them a semi automatic rifle and learn how to fight for their rights and freedom instead. These horrified people from other countries do not mind when we save their backsides from those Nazi's with our semi automatic rifles.

Maybe these people in other countries running tail between their legs here for asylum should get them a semi automatic rifle and learn how to fight for their rights and freedom instead. T

Maybe they should shit out a tank or two as well, if we're going with some weird fantasy Rambo thing.

Maybe they should shit out a tank or two as well, if we're going with some weird fantasy Rambo thing.
No they just need to find some courage to fight for their freedom. We send our children all across the world to fight fight, get injured, and die for freedom. They need to learn that freedom isn't free. It is the people who are willing to pull out a gun and stop some bully from taking their freedom that we need more of in this world. Then there would be no need to run here tail between your legs wanting us to do it for them. There are still a lot us in this country who served in the military and will still fight to death if some bully thinks they can come into the restaurant and take away our freedom.

This is such a strange thread.

All the gun enthusiasts are claiming that carrying a gun is intimidating when a black man does it but according to previous threads it's a constitutional right when white men do it.

How interesting. How interesting.
To most of them a black man with 15 feet is intimidating.

No they just need to find some courage to fight for their freedom. We send our children all across the world to fight fight, get injured, and die for freedom. They need to learn that freedom isn't free. It is the people who are willing to pull out a gun and stop some bully from taking their freedom that we need more of in this world. Then there would be no need to run here tail between your legs wanting us to do it for them. There are still a lot us in this country who served in the military and will still fight to death if some bully thinks they can come into the restaurant and take away our freedom.
That ain't freedom they are fighting for......

Back
Top Bottom