• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

Bet pool: when does the first shooting melee start in the streets? White v black?
Seems like "ending racism" is working pretty well eh?
I dont carry a firearm, but if I did and "armed protestors" came in to shriek in my face, I believe that would have to be considered a threat yes?

Shouldn't be long now, all out battling in the streets.
"Ending racism" BWAHAHAHAHA, they just aren't getting it. Going EXACTLY backwards.
Oh well, we tried to tell you! Dont say you weren't warned!

Brandishing a firearm is a crime.

BLM confronted people eating, someone pulled a gun to intimidate back and the only thing you point to is the white gun with a gun.

IO trust the gun that pulled a gun to threaten was arrested.

This is such a strange thread.

All the gun enthusiasts are claiming that carrying a gun is intimidating when a black man does it but according to previous threads it's a constitutional right when white men do it.

How interesting. How interesting.
Where is there a black man with a gun in this story? Did you bother reading/watching the news story? There was no black guy with a gun...

Last edited:
Lol the 2 guys with rifles maintained it in a neutral position slung over their body and pointed at the ground. They never once yelled at anyone or pointed the gun at anyone. They never once trespassed. The old white guy is lucky he wasnt shot dead for aiming his barrel at people.

the "tough guy" who pulled his gun to threaten was jailed I hope?????

This is the State Capitol of Michigan correct?

Open carry of firearms In Michigan, it is legal for a person to carry a firearm in public as long as the person is carrying the firearm with lawful intent and the firearm is not concealed. You will not find a law that states it is legal to openly carry a firearm. It is legal because there is no Michigan law that prohibits it
What could the lawful intent possibly be in that scenario? Looks like pure intimidation to me. Ask the smart asses who were busted for attempting a kidnapping on the governor. They're no different than the so called warriors in the capitol. They just got caught.

When this country rids itself of all these gun toting assholes, the US will be a safer place.

The guys with rifles never screamed at anyone you are making stuff up. It was 1 black lady who trespassed and screamed. The 2 white guys with rifles never yelled or tresspassed they just stood there and talked calmly as the old white guy pointed his barrel at them.
ok so i was incorrect about who was doing the screaming, that still does not belay my point.

there is more video here: https://news.yahoo.com/diner-brandishes-gun-blm-protesters-083525905.html
with plenty of protesters screaming. and had come in the restaurant property including the outdoor dining space. remember you may not see everything that happened in the video as it is edited.

there are 3 points I made in this thread: 1. it makes one look bad to go screaming at people in a peaceful facility 2. the guy pulling the derringer was in the wrong for aiming a weapon and 3. things like this will most likely spiral out of control eventually.

If he is legally carrying, the gun is a none issue.
Is there a law that you can't attend a protest armed? I know Trumpists do this. Different rules for the left?

Can you shoot someone for protesting illegally? Not in any of the 50 states.

So, what the **** are you talking about?
You conveniently left out the trespassing with a gun part...
Heres some advice: It doesnt apply to this case BUT if you want to trespass and do it armed with a gun and refuse to leave you might get shot.

2 guns seen clearly in the picture, both of them held by protestors (on private property confronting people eating)

Right above my word picture and above the e in private
You are lying the 2 armed guys are on the public sidewalk...

Why are liberal BLM protesters such gigantic bitches who feel the need to get in the face of people uninterested in their cause?

I wonder what the point of protesting is. Huh.

good luck getting an honest answer

I’m always told that folks need to carry guns with them everywhere, but in this instance it seems the gun folks don’t like *everyone* in this scenario having guns.

I wonder why.

well now are we sure that is the extent of the restaurants property?
You do know how public sidewalks work right? The sidewalk outside of a store or restaurant is considered public. You can see the public street so its very obvious.

no, you're wrong, completely.

its not me being against their behavior because of who they are, its you condoning their behavior because of who they are. I don't care WHO they are , I am going to have a negative opinion of them if they get in people's faces making demands when those people are trying to go about their normal , peaceful lives. full stop.

if someone gets in your face when you are walking down the street, I will have a bad opinion of him or her. that is all.

anything else is your attempt to rationalize bad behavior by putting non-existent criteria of YOUR making to my thoughts on the matter.

You would have been outraged over the bus boycotts and sit ins, we know.

The only time to my knowledge the NRA came in full support of gun controls was when Black armed guys appeared in CA's Capitol

In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s

And of course the BLM protestors will claim they didn't do anything to incite the trouble. As if getting up in peoples faces and yelling and screaming and make threats is nothing.
just following Maxine Waters advice so when there finally is gunfire exchanged and people wounded and killed she should be charged with incitement and let the court hash it out

there really should be a rule that when people cannot discuss more honestly than putting words or thoughts in other people's mouths, they have lost the conversation by default, you know?

how about you stop projecting what you'd like to hear me say so you can feel even more self righteous, and discuss what has actually been stated?

The unarmed white traitor actively trying to overthrow our government? Is there some reason to protest her getting shot?
as opposed to a convicted felon who was fighting a police officer?

there really should be a rule that when people cannot discuss more honestly than putting words or thoughts in other people's mouths, they have lost the conversation by default, you know?

how about you stop projecting what you'd like to hear me say so you can feel even more self righteous, and discuss what has actually been stated?

Man, if that was the case Trump cultists would never win another argument again 😂

as opposed to a convicted felon who was fighting a police officer?
Had some of those doing just that at the Capitol Building as well.

no, you're wrong, completely.

its not me being against their behavior because of who they are, its you condoning their behavior because of who they are. I don't care WHO they are , I am going to have a negative opinion of them if they get in people's faces making demands when those people are trying to go about their normal , peaceful lives. full stop.

if someone gets in your face when you are walking down the street, I will have a bad opinion of him or her. that is all.

anything else is your attempt to rationalize bad behavior by putting non-existent criteria of YOUR making to my thoughts on the matter.
I have said more than once already, and I will say it again, being allowed to open carry semi automatic rifles in America is crazy. I don’t condone any of this. I don’t condone it for white people, for Nazis, BLM, or anybody. This kind of stuff looks horrifying to the rest of the world. But the fact of the matter is, it’s legal to brandish firearms in public and call for violent rebellion and race war. If a nazi is allowed to intimidate blacks people, march in minority neighborhoods, and invade government buildings all while armed and do it without being shot and killed, then the same representative government should recognize that black people and minorities have the same rights. You, sir, are the one condoning this outrageous behavior for one side. I don’t hesitate to think for a second that the first black person who gets blown away by a scared white person in IHOP will be labeled a thug, a criminal, and well beyond deserving to be killed because that’s a scary black guy. I am not stupid to how most white people feel about organized black men brandishing semi automatic rifles like some kind of Oath Keepers or Bundy Ranch thugs. They aren’t white, so they will scare families in the suburbs and stuff. They will get killed, and many Americans will feel safer for it.

Thats a huge lie to call the people who fell for QAnon stuff nazi, white supremacists. I only saw 1 rebel flag there and it looked like some random guy. You make leftists look absurd when you call everyone you hate a nazi.
There were nazi symbols there

Back
Top Bottom