• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you get your $1400.00 stimulus check yet?

Did you get your stimulus check yet?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Don't qualify

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Nazis tore down statues. Does that sound familiar?
Nazis banned books. Does that sound familiar?
Nazis passed strict gun control laws. Does that sound familiar?
Nazis demonized a class of people and cultivated hate toward them among the lemmings. Does that sound familiar?

No one here is banning books and we tore down the swastikas like we tear down the Confederate traitors. Most of the civilized world has sensible gun control measures, that does not make them Nazi's it makes them smart. The right is demonizing immigrants and blacks just like Hitler did and they hate democracy and attacked our capitol like Nazi's. Hitler cultivated the wealthy to gain their support and that is what the right is doing now.

No one here is banning books and we tore down the swastikas like we tear down the Confederate traitors. Most of the civilized world has sensible gun control measures, that does not make them Nazi's it makes them smart. The right is demonizing immigrants and blacks just like Hitler did and they hate democracy and attacked our capitol like Nazi's. Hitler cultivated the wealthy to gain their support and that is what the right is doing now.

Banned Books Week reads: A list of the US's most censored (nypost.com)
Top 100 Most Banned and Challenged Books: 2010-2019 | Advocacy, Legislation & Issues (ala.org)
15 Banned Books You Need to Read Before 2020 Ends (collegemagazine.com)
Movies as well.
Nolte: List of Movies and TV Blacklisted By the Woke Taliban... So Far (breitbart.com)

So you're thinking book burning is next?
We don't need to burn books. We govern by executive order now. Emperor Joe will tell us what to do.

We don't need to burn books. We govern by executive order now. Emperor Joe will tell us what to do.
Biden will do what is best for the American people. That's why he is so much better than the one term mistake. We will not let the obstructionists block our way this time. They have proven they do not care about America. The majority will rule and that is as it should be.

Bob is conveniently forgetting the $300 a week in unemployment benefits and the tax credits for families with children. Together with the stimulus checks these amount to 50% of the money going directly to American citizens. Hence the need for the Republican smear machine to step up the lies.

It’s a bit odd that part of the $1.9T federal stimulus is tax cuts (credits), yet states are prohibited from doing that with their allocation.

It’s a bit odd that part of the $1.9T federal stimulus is tax cuts (credits), yet states are prohibited from doing that with their allocation.
You find it odd that States cannot use money earmarked for State expenses to cut taxes? You must be kidding.

You find it odd that States cannot use money earmarked for State expenses to cut taxes? You must be kidding.

Not at all. What would be wrong with a state child tax credit?

Not at all. What would be wrong with a state child tax credit?
LOL This is Federal money for extra State expenses incurred because of Covid. Are you saying the States don't need this?

Tax credits are payments to families that are made even if the taxes weren't owed. Corporations get paid tax credits as well, though not in this bill. It's what we call "corporate welfare".

Tax credits are payments to families that are made even if the taxes weren't owed. Corporations get paid tax credits as well, though not in this bill. It's what we call "corporate welfare".

Yep, but having a negative rate of taxation is a tax cut.

After all, these young ones for the rest of their lives will live with the burden to pay this boondoggle back. California got the most amount but they have a budget in the red. Every Democratic state listed in the top 20 had the most harshest lockdowns and lost major state revenue. Are you sorry you gigged me making a fuss over all this? I sure as hell hope so. And I hope something in my post gives you something to think about.

So you are sooooo upset at the Biden bail-outs costing us, but not so much the BushII and tRump red ink fiascos???? Seems a bit partisan.... :rolleyes:

Would be better to teach your grandkids about ALL red ink government spending and ridiculous tax cuts that don't help the economy a bit.

Oklahoma had 'harsh' lockdowns. Our REPUBLICAN run city (Lawton) mandated masks, closed 'non-essential' businesses, and closed bars and restaurants. Your lame attempt to broad brush which state got stimulus checks- Florida the super spreader state didn't suffer as much economically because they fed off of tourists that took the virus back home along with the T-shirt. (the spending is indexed to unemployment numbers- the three biggest have the biggest populations and unemployment- TEXAS included.) Sure the rabid right wants to bellow about 'draconian' but facts are even wilderness state REPUBLICAN governors pushed for masks, social distancing and lockdowns as the virus overwhelmed their health care systems. And then for the direct to state payments.

Your post just re-enforces the rabid right whine about red ink when their party isn't doling it out... ✌

Nope. Don't get one, you welfare queens.

Apparently you have to file 2020 taxes to get it.
And I haven't yet.

I don't believe that is the case. We filed ours after we got the stimulus payment.

Last edited:
I don't believe that is the case. We filed ours after we got the stimulus payment.
Ah.

Oh right, I misremembered.
It's people who haven't filed taxes recently who need to do that.

I think.

Back
Top Bottom