• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you get your $1400.00 stimulus check yet?

Did you get your stimulus check yet?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Don't qualify

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Do you see $600 or $1400 as a "big gob of money"?
LOL.
But I see your point. I just dont care though. Rome is burning....LETS PARTY BOYS!!! 🤷‍♂️ 🥳🎉👯‍♂️
I have a wife and three kids. Those checks were 3 and 7 thousand, respectively.

Did you want to reply to the poll or just do a partisan hack rant?
Gee, I don't recall criticizing any party in this blog. In fact, I criticized the give aways when Trump did them as well. 80% of the people getting this "COVID" stimulus have had no finical loses due to COVID. All it does is saddle our children and grandchildren with debt. Seems you must be the only partisan hack here.

I got zilch. Same as the last two distributions.

But go ahead and thank people like me for providing you takers with your little checks. Just don't spend it all on smart phones, cable tv, and dope.
Jeeeeeze, man, don't talk that way. Those are things I'm invested in. Tell them to spend it all at Walmart.

But go ahead and thank people like me for providing you takers with your little checks. Just don't spend it all on smart phones, cable tv, and dope.
Are you aware that many of our fellow citizens can't pay their rent or feed themselves? What is the problem? Shall we let them die?

I just read that if the 1.9 trillion was equally divided between all those eligible, each one would receive $7,500. 10% covid, 20% stimulus to appease the natives the rest pork. Typical government F-job.

The best part is all the saps that don't realize they will have to pay back $7,500 for the $1,400 they just got.
I guess you are not a small business or restaurant owner or employee. They get to live another day on that "pork". No one has paid back any of the national debt since WWII so you won't either.

NEW YORK (AP) — Restaurants devastated by the coronavirus outbreak are getting a lifeline from the pandemic relief package that’s awaiting President Joe Biden’s signature.
The bill that gained final congressional approval Wednesday adds money to the Paycheck Protection Program and provides indirect help to small businesses in general through stimulus payments and unemployment benefits. But restaurants got the biggest share of direct help: $28.6 billion in grants for restaurants whose revenue fell in 2020 as a result of the pandemic.
The bill calls for grants equal to the amount of restaurants’ revenue losses, up to a maximum of $10 million per company and $5 million per location. Eligible companies cannot own more than 20 locations, and they can’t be publicly traded. The bill sets aside $5 billion for the smallest restaurants, those whose annual revenue is $500,000 or less.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyl...rus-pandemic-eb58f48a99570165af24387424b9c047

I guess you are not a small business or restaurant owner or employee. They get to live another day on that "pork". No one has paid back any of the national debt since WWII so you won't either.

NEW YORK (AP) — Restaurants devastated by the coronavirus outbreak are getting a lifeline from the pandemic relief package that’s awaiting President Joe Biden’s signature.
The bill that gained final congressional approval Wednesday adds money to the Paycheck Protection Program and provides indirect help to small businesses in general through stimulus payments and unemployment benefits. But restaurants got the biggest share of direct help: $28.6 billion in grants for restaurants whose revenue fell in 2020 as a result of the pandemic.
The bill calls for grants equal to the amount of restaurants’ revenue losses, up to a maximum of $10 million per company and $5 million per location. Eligible companies cannot own more than 20 locations, and they can’t be publicly traded. The bill sets aside $5 billion for the smallest restaurants, those whose annual revenue is $500,000 or less.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyl...rus-pandemic-eb58f48a99570165af24387424b9c047
I know how this works a lot better than you do. My business got a $2 million loan under the Payroll Protection Act that I don't have to repay. I now have a much nicer boat that the taxpayers paid for. By the way, my business was not affected at all by CORONA. My employees have been working all the overtime they want, yet they are still getting their little bonus check from the government too.

Your posting is an example of how stupid this bill is. Why would you pay revenue losses? Most restaurants run on a profit of 6% to 8% of revenue. Why are the taxpayers paying for food stuffs, utility bills, labor costs and other expenses the restaurants didn't incur during this period?

This is a typical government give away. Instead of focusing on those in need they use the shotgun approach and throw money at everyone.

Only a fool would say none of the national debt has been paid back since WW2. Only a moron doesn't realize that this country is paying hundreds of billions annually just on interest on the national debt. Anyone with a working brain knows that is hundreds of billions that can't be spent on something else.

I know how this works a lot better than you do. My business got a $2 million loan under the Payroll Protection Act that I don't have to repay. I now have a much nicer boat that the taxpayers paid for. By the way, my business was not affected at all by CORONA. My employees have been working all the overtime they want, yet they are still getting their little bonus check from the government too.

Your posting is an example of how stupid this bill is. Why would you pay revenue losses? Most restaurants run on a profit of 6% to 8% of revenue. Why are the taxpayers paying for food stuffs, utility bills, labor costs and other expenses the restaurants didn't incur during this period?

This is a typical government give away. Instead of focusing on those in need they use the shotgun approach and throw money at everyone.

Only a fool would say none of the national debt has been paid back since WW2. Only a moron doesn't realize that this country is paying hundreds of billions annually just on interest on the national debt. Anyone with a working brain knows that is hundreds of billions that can't be spent on something else.
Well in that case we will just have to tap into the $34 trillion that the top 1% have amassed then. Oh well they could never spend that much anyway. :ROFLMAO:
BTW You are a typical Republican who talks a big game about balanced budgets and then sponge off the Govt. more than any liberal ever would. Give back that $2 million you hypocrite.

How typical. Attacking anyone receiving assistance from the government. Reagan’s “welfare queens” and “strapping young bucks” live on in the right wing imagination, with a touch of Ayn Rand’s “makers and takers” dualism bull shit. How quaint!

Hint: we all take. Some of us don’t admit it.

Are you aware that many of our fellow citizens can't pay their rent or feed themselves? What is the problem? Shall we let them die?
You don’t get it. If they die it’s their own fault, according to right-wing doctrine espoused by some. They are unworthy, unlike the superior beings who (think they) dont get anything from the government. Fascism 101.

How typical. Attacking anyone receiving assistance from the government. Reagan’s “welfare queens” and “strapping young bucks” live on in the right wing imagination, with a touch of Ayn Rand’s “makers and takers” dualism bull shit. How quaint!

Hint: we all take. Some of us don’t admit it.

Without losers there are no winners.

It must be a world upside down where sadsacks think they can take pride in being on the dole.

welfare.jpg

I feel the most sorry for the landlords (usually retired small time investors) who are being stiffed out of their income when the government tells people they don't have to pay their rent.

I am 100% certain that if I did an audit on someone who can't pay their rent, or who needs welfare, I am certain I could find a thousand ways they wasted money over the last ten years which they could have saved and/or invested in case of a rainy day.

One thing is almost certain, and that is that poor people are generally dumb people.

Well in that case we will just have to tap into the $34 trillion that the top 1% have amassed then. Oh well they could never spend that much anyway. :ROFLMAO:
BTW You are a typical Republican who talks a big game about balanced budgets and then sponge off the Govt. more than any liberal ever would. Give back that $2 million you hypocrite.
I'll easily give that back in taxes. People like me always fund the government so little parasites like you can live in squalor and envy your betters.

France already tried to tap the rich. It don't work.

We Got $136 deposited yesterday....spent it on dinner and tip.

The wife says we got ours deposited today. (March 17th)

I keep checking like a psycho. I got all the other ones. It's not that I needed any of them but I am not going to send them back and I'm not going to demand this one.

I laugh every time somebody says this lie LMAO

doesnt mean I agree with the bill but its factually not 70% pork unless we are just making up definitions now

What is the percentage of non covid expenditures versus covid expenditures? We really need those kind of accurate numbers from you to keep these silly boys on their toes.

Do you know the percentages right off?

Without losers there are no winners.

It must be a world upside down where sadsacks think they can take pride in being on the dole.

welfare.jpg
Odd are you are on the dole one way or another. We all are, it’s the way of the modern world. But you are free not to believe it.

Odd are you are on the dole one way or another. We all are, it’s the way of the modern world. But you are free not to believe it.

I've never received a nickle of government assistance, nor sought it. The idea is detestable to me.

I've never bounced a check, or had a late payment on anything. When my children went to college, we never applied for loans; just paid all tuition cash.

If anyone has a right to scoff at people who accept welfare and charity, it is me. I never even received a dime from family or parents past the age of 16. When we were 16 and still at home, part of our paychecks were expected to go to pay for household expenses, and at 18 we were on our own. Maybe that is the difference between you and me. I never expected anyone to bail me out, so I lived my life in a way which meant nobody would ever have to.

Used to be there was shame attached to welfare. Not anymore I guess?

I'll easily give that back in taxes. People like me always fund the government so little parasites like you can live in squalor and envy your betters.

France already tried to tap the rich. It don't work.
They did it wrong. We will do it right. If you try to run and give up your citizenship we will confiscate 40% of you net.

I've never received a nickle of government assistance, nor sought it. The idea is detestable to me.

I've never bounced a check, or had a late payment on anything. When my children went to college, we never applied for loans; just paid all tuition cash.

If anyone has a right to scoff at people who accept welfare and charity, it is me. I never even received a dime from family or parents past the age of 16. When we were 16 and still at home, part of our paychecks were expected to go to pay for household expenses, and at 18 we were on our own. Maybe that is the difference between you and me. I never expected anyone to bail me out, so I lived my life in a way which meant nobody would ever have to.

Used to be there was shame attached to welfare. Not anymore I guess?
Congratulations on your self-sufficiency. Not serious here, but if you were to tell me what you do for a living or where you live, I bet I could point out what the government does that benefits you. Live in a flood plain -- FEMA; farmer with a lot of land -- dams and subsidized water, Ag schools that develop new techniques and pesticides, labor with fewer benefits, other farm subsidies; contract with the government -- Trump's rule that your safety record doesn't matter (hopefully will end under Biden); head of a business -- the right to incorporate to shield you from some liability; employer in many conservative states -- right to work laws.
I am not saying any of the above are bad things, (except right to work laws) but neither are benefits given to poorer people. Think of the government as a big sow, with each of us sucking at a teat. There is a natural tendency to assume that we get nothing, unlike the other lazy so-and-so.
As to the stigma of welfare, years ago I worked for the United Farmworkers Union. The growers whose union contracts I administered nice guys with one exception,felt that it was them alone against the land, the weather, and acts of God. But they had subsidized labor under different rules than other workers for two decades after the "temporary" wartime bracero program, subsidized water, soil analysis and pesticide development from Ag colleges available to them, and they spoke as if unaware of all that. At one meeting of union staff, Cesar Chavez mused that "we don't need all these welfare programs, just the right to organize." Problem with parts of conservative ideology is that it opposes welfare benefits on the one hand, and on the other, opposes rules that allow workers to freely organize and contract with employers.

Did not qualify.

Unlike most of the world, 2020 was very good to me.

Same. Other than maybe some overtime I could have worked had I been at the office more, I have lost zero income due to COVID....

.....yet the government has given me great big gobs of money for having a wife and three kids. "Because COVID" :rolleyes:

Do you realize how difficult it would be to try and differenent among 325 million people whether they need it or not? At least there is an income level cut off. And the people that would whine and moan that don't get it but feel they should? It would be a nightmare and take forever. At least in the income bracket the eligible are in most or it goes right back into the economy.

Well bless your little heart for assuming no one else that receives it is a tax payer.

Did not qualify.

Unlike most of the world, 2020 was very good to me.

Here in America even a person of average intelligence and some drive can easily get into the middle class. That is what is great about this country. So, for all of the people on welfare who are otherwise able bodied and not retarded, you have to wonder what is wrong with them?

Back
Top Bottom