• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you get your $1400.00 stimulus check yet?

Did you get your stimulus check yet?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Don't qualify

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Nothing about my status has changed but so far I'm getting the "no info available".

The wife says we got ours deposited today. (March 17th)
I'll get mine by regular mail, so it will come later, possibly by the end of the month is what they said on the news.

I just read that if the 1.9 trillion was equally divided between all those eligible, each one would receive $7,500. 10% covid, 20% stimulus to appease the natives the rest pork. Typical government F-job.

The best part is all the saps that don't realize they will have to pay back $7,500 for the $1,400 they just got.

I just read that if the 1.9 trillion was equally divided between all those eligible, each one would receive $7,500. 10% covid, 20% stimulus to appease the natives the rest pork. Typical government F-job.

The best part is all the saps that don't realize they will have to pay back $7,500 for the $1,400 they just got.
I laugh every time somebody says this lie LMAO

doesnt mean I agree with the bill but its factually not 70% pork unless we are just making up definitions now

I've gotten a total of $157 from the three stimulus checks.

Good, other people need it more.

They won't pay it back but their kids and grandkids will be burdened with the debt.

I wonder how many of the people who are responding to this thread actually missed a paycheck or lost a job over the lockdowns. I do not understand all those on Social Security getting anything because they never missed a check. Anyone who was blessed that has been able to keep their job throughout this past year I struggle why they should be receiving anything. Those who lost their jobs in less than 10 months have received expansive relief packages to the tune of multiple hundreds of dollars on top of their unemployment checks
if you include the boondoggle that just passed. The reason behind the Congress critters' thinking is they would be able to not face hardships due to not being permitted to work. But that has shown many received far more in benefits than they earned in a paycheck. Now the threat is these people are not even going to look for work because because they get more from the government not working.

So what the heck are these checks for? If it is about stimulating the economy, the best way to do that is stop all the draconian shutdowns and allow people to get back to work.

I've gotten a total of $157 from the three stimulus checks.

Good, other people need it more.
You got $157 more bucks than either of my kids did. Hubby and I are retired and we never missed a Social Security check but we have received the full amount on all stimuluses which is insane because we do not need it.

Did you want to reply to the poll or just do a partisan hack rant?

They won't pay it back but their kids and grandkids will be burdened with the debt.

I wonder how many of the people who are responding to this thread actually missed a paycheck or lost a job over the lockdowns. I do not understand all those on Social Security getting anything because they never missed a check. Anyone who was blessed that has been able to keep their job throughout this past year I struggle why they should be receiving anything. Those who lost their jobs in less than 10 months have received expansive relief packages to the tune of multiple hundreds of dollars on top of their unemployment checks
if you include the boondoggle that just passed. The reason behind the Congress critters' thinking is they would be able to not face hardships due to not being permitted to work. But that has shown many received far more in benefits than they earned in a paycheck. Now the threat is these people are not even going to look for work because because they get more from the government not working.

So what the heck are these checks for? If it is about stimulating the economy, the best way to do that is stop all the draconian shutdowns and allow people to get back to work.

Why don't you go derail another thread with your whining and moaning and get off mine!

I laugh every time somebody says this lie LMAO

doesnt mean I agree with the bill but its factually not 70% pork unless we are just making up definitions now
Bob is conveniently forgetting the $300 a week in unemployment benefits and the tax credits for families with children. Together with the stimulus checks these amount to 50% of the money going directly to American citizens. Hence the need for the Republican smear machine to step up the lies.

Yup. Dropped it into Savings.

You got $157 more bucks than either of my kids did. Hubby and I are retired and we never missed a Social Security check but we have received the full amount on all stimuluses which is insane because we do not need it.
Same. Other than maybe some overtime I could have worked had I been at the office more, I have lost zero income due to COVID....

.....yet the government has given me great big gobs of money for having a wife and three kids. "Because COVID" :rolleyes:

I got zilch. Same as the last two distributions.

But go ahead and thank people like me for providing you takers with your little checks. Just don't spend it all on smart phones, cable tv, and dope.

Got it and spent it already, added it in on a down payment for a GMC Terrain Denali I just got. Not new, but a damn sight newer than the 20 year old Trailblazer I traded.

Same. Other than maybe some overtime I could have worked had I been at the office more, I have lost zero income due to COVID....

.....yet the government has given me great big gobs of money for having a wife and three kids. "Because COVID" :rolleyes:

Do you see $600 or $1400 as a "big gob of money"?
LOL.
But I see your point. I just dont care though. Rome is burning....LETS PARTY BOYS!!! 🤷‍♂️ 🥳🎉👯‍♂️

Just don't spend it all on smart phones, cable tv, and dope.

Why not? Isn't that good for the economy...the entire point of the checks?

But go ahead and thank people like me for providing you takers with your little checks. Just don't spend it all on smart phones, cable tv, and dope.

Awwwww.
But I*like* cable TV and dope.
:cry:

I visit retail stores for a vendor, I noticed today that the local Target was packed like it was the first of the month.

yup, spent $70 some books for a couple of IT certifications I want to get. The rest goes into savings.

Back
Top Bottom