• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Trayvon tell Zim to "Get off me!"

Why should we? The media (and obviously 66gardeners here) convicted George Zimmerman the day after the incident.

Well... a month after the incident, anyway. A day after the incident 66gardner was still weeks away from being told all the lies that underpin their conclusions.

has nothing to do with OMara's statements.
Its the evidence presented so far.
Why are you concentrating on what the defense says and not the testimony? Could it be you are unwilling to listen and view the data with an open mind? Were you not one who claims GZ is guilty even before all the facts are known? Have you ever stated GZ might be not guilty?

The PA gave her testimony.. Then OMara went into "what if deflections". Hopefully the jury saw that.

Do I think George is guilty? Yes.

If not for George behaving so suspiciously that night... If George used his brain instead of behaving in a menacing fashion, TM would be alive.

The trial isn't over..

I think George is a stupid, paranoid ass who caused the death of an unarmed teen.. Can he beat the rap? Maybe.

You can continue with the childish insults all day long sharon, and it won't change the fact that the prosecution is getting their ass kicked up and down the court room.

The trial isn't over..

I think George is a stupid, paranoid ass who caused the death of an unarmed teen.. Can he beat the rap? Maybe.

He might have been stupid. He might have been paranoid. He might have been an ass. But if he was being beat up, that's justification for defending himself.

The PA gave her testimony.. Then OMara went into "what if deflections". Hopefully the jury saw that.

Do I think George is guilty? Yes.

He pointed out a bunch of injuries and she agreed they were there.

I would like your opinion... do you still believe that George was engaged in a slap stick comedy routine, or do you believe Trayvon actually attacked him?

He might have been stupid. He might have been paranoid. He might have been an ass. But if he was being beat up, that's justification for defending himself.

The question is WHY.. Trayvon had no history of explosive rage.

Did George grab at TM?

He pointed out a bunch of injuries and she agreed they were there.

I would like your opinion... do you still believe that George was engaged in a slap stick comedy routine, or do you believe Trayvon actually attacked him?

WHY would Trayvon attack George?

Did George grab at TM?

Rather then getting into the why.. I just wonder if you now believe Trayvon did hit and cause injuries to George? It seems that you do, no?

Did George grab at TM?

Lots of people who do dumb things have no history of "explosive rage".

The PA gave her testimony.. Then OMara went into "what if deflections"..

Defense does that. Much like the Prosecution does with defense witnessess. Your point is pretty much mute.

Yes, the jury should look at the evidence and how both sides present it. A good jury would wait till all the evidence is in before making a decision. Unlike some posters.:mrgreen:

Rather then getting into the why.. I just wonder if you now believe Trayvon did hit and cause injuries to George? It seems that you do, no?

There are many ways George could have accidentally scratched the back of his head.. and gotten a broken nose.

There are many ways George could have accidentally scratched the back of his head.. and gotten a broken nose.

For example....

Thank you. Despite all the witnesses that indicate the guy on top was swinging his hands down many times and quickly, you still don't believe Trayvon hit George. Strange, but ok...

Thank you. Despite all the witnesses that indicate the guy on top was swinging his hands down many times and quickly, you still don't believe Trayvon hit George. Strange, but ok...

Because of Trayvon's hands at autopsy..

Further.. George claims TM punched him 2 dozen times... His minor injuries don't support that, buck.

For example....

He could have slipped in wet grass and stumbled backwards against the small tree.. or hit his head on a sprinkler or utility box... or the concrete sidewalk.

He could have sustained a punch to the face or an elbow to the nose..

Teens don't ambush and attack and hold on to their cell phones for 40 feet.

He could have slipped in wet grass and stumbled backwards against the small tree.. or hit his head on a sprinkler or utility box... or the concrete sidewalk.

Now you have to provide a witness who saw that happen.

He could have sustained a punch to the face or an elbow to the nose..

Ding, ding!

Teens don't ambush and attack and hold on to their cell phones for 40 feet.

What?

Now you have to provide a witness who saw that happen.

Ding, ding!

What?

George didn't identify himself.. and if he grabbed at TM's hoodie to try and detain him that would be the more likely scenario for setting off the skuffle.

George didn't identify himself.. and if he grabbed at TM's hoodie to try and detain him that would be the more likely scenario for setting off the skuffle.

Unless George Zimmerman himself admitted he didn't identify himself, you don't know that. And you have NO proof whatsoever that he tried to detain Trayvon Martin in any way, much less grab hold of his hoodie.

You cannot do this!!! You can't make up **** and say, "It might have gone down like this."

Why isn't it just as likely that TM started the scuffle?

Because of Trayvon's hands at autopsy..

Further.. George claims TM punched him 2 dozen times... His minor injuries don't support that, buck.

Injuries to hands do not have to occur. In other words, injuries to hands can be definitive proof that someone hit someone.. lack of injuries to hands is not definitive proof that someone did not hit someone. By the ay, regarding that injury to Trayvon's knuckle.. I read at the leatherman blog (but have not seen a source), that the cop described it as bloody (meaning the blood was wet). How did that occur, in your mind?

There have been at lest 3 witnesses that are describing the same activity, with the guy on top rapidly swinging their arms towards the person below. I don't expect the jury will have any problem applying common sense to determine what that means.

Last edited:
We know what the general definition is.
Zimmerman's actions do not fit that description. So stop with your absurd fantasies.

Hmm, he harassed someone with unwanted and obsessive attention. That is stalking.

Believe me, the state would have liked a *stalking charge*.....the more, the merrier

The state is not that stupid....following did not come close to, the legal definition of stalking. Read, the affidavit

So, stop your nonsense

I never said he fit the legal definition (which requires at least two incidents). Nor should he be charged for that. He was stalking in the general sense. He brought this situation upon himself. I feel no sorrow for what he is going through.

I never said he fit the legal definition (which requires at least two incidents). Nor should he be charged for that. He was stalking in the general sense. He brought this situation upon himself. I feel no sorrow for what he is going through.

You are still wrong

Legal definition or not

It's following and to educate yourself on the subject

Read, the affidavit. There's no mention of the term/word stalking

Stop making up ****. It serves no useful purpose

Unless George Zimmerman himself admitted he didn't identify himself, you don't know that.

He did admit this. Please go listen to his initial interviews with Serino.

Thanks for lining up the evidence like that. It looks like the fight lasted, what, a minute until the gun shot went off.

7:11:33 — Zimmerman tells the police dispatcher that Trayvon Martin is running.
7:11:59 — In reply to the dispatcher's question, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman says, "Yes." Dispatcher states, "OK, we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman replies, "OK."
7:12:00 - 7:12:59 — The girl calls Martin again at some point during this minute.[15]
7:13:10 — Zimmerman says he does not know where Martin is.

Map of the Retreat at Twin Lakes 7:13:41 — Zimmerman's call to Sanford police ends.[15]
7:16:00 - 7:16:59 — Martin's call from the girl goes dead during this minute.[15][16]
7:16:11 — First 911 call from witness about a fight, calls for help heard.[17]
7:16:55 — Gunshot heard on 911 call.[18]

Following the shooting:

So somewhere in the 7:13 to 7:15 time frame, Dee Dee hears the workds, "Get your hands off me" and "Get off of me", in what she says is Trayvon's voice.
Timeline of the shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Minute-by-Minute Timeline of Trayvon Martin’s Death | The View From LL2

//

Back
Top Bottom