• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Trayvon tell Zim to "Get off me!"

Do you have children?

Irrelevant. Having or not having a child does not render my opinion on a scientific fact moot.

So if someone sees your child follows them by car then gets out and follows them on foot, what would you think?

Well #1 a 17 year old of 6' in height is not by any means a child. #2 No one saw Zimmerman following anyone so your speculation is just that.

Do you fee conservatives are lining up behind Z and liberals behind T? How close are the parallels with Simpson?

What does that have to do with anything? I see liberals behind Zimmerman and conservatives firmly behind Martin. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and everything to do with race relations. Nimby, you have not been hiding from the news or this website, lol.

DNO my 17 year old would NOT go alone to a store, in the rain, wearing a hoodie, more than likely with the HOOD portion of said HOODIE up, in a NEIGHBORHOOD he was VISITING. If my 17 year old disagreed he'd be spending a few months sans skittles. Did that clear it up??

What you were saying was clear, it was merely ridiculous. When I was a teenager, I would wear my high school tennis sweatshirt -- especially if it were raining -- and I would certainly walk to the nearest gas station to buy candy. And I would do it at 7 PM. What you can clear up is why said behavior is troublesome to you.

I have been hiding from the Z/T stuff AMAP just as I did from Simpson. We have serious problems in this Country and all this case does is make them worse, IMO. My advice to my high school students, don't travel alone.
What does that have to do with anything? I see liberals behind Zimmerman and conservatives firmly behind Martin. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and everything to do with race relations. Nimby, you have not been hiding from the news or this website, lol.

I have been hiding from the Z/T stuff AMAP just as I did from Simpson. We have serious problems in this Country and all this case does is make them worse, IMO. My advice to my high school students, don't travel alone.

I agree. It is making things worse. If the media had not jumped on and outright fabricated lies about the case, this would not have been so bad. Then the race baiters jumped in to make it about race and profiling etc. All found to be a lie. President Obama jumping in with his bull just added more flames to the fire.

Zimmerman and Martin both made very bad mistakes. None of this justifies Martin pounding on Zimmerman. Zimmerman is however in my opinion under Florida law justified in defending himself. Of course that is just my opinion of it.

Last edited:
This is what's "wrong with America". Give em a trophy for participation right?

My child would NEVER act in the manner Martin acted. They have more respect for the world in which we live.

Have your children been followed by a man by car who proceeded to get out and follow them on foot????

What did Martin do that night to cause this? He wore a hoodie, walked slow in the rain and looked about. Wow. How disrespectful.

I just haven't followed it closely enough, to answer either paragraph. I change channels on either TV or radio. I've made some snarky comments, I admit it. Now if you want to talk about the Keystone, I'm now convinced, just as Obama is and he will sign it.
I agree. It is making things worse. If the media had not jumped on and outright fabricated lies about the case, this would not have been so bad. Then the race baiters jumped in to make it about race and profiling etc. All found to be a lie. President Obama jumping in with his bull just added more flames to the fire.

Zimmerman and Martin both mad very bad mistakes. None of this justifies Martin pounding on Zimmerman. Zimmerman is however in my opinion under Florida law justified in defending himself. Of course that is just my opinion of it.

I just haven't followed it closely enough, to answer either paragraph. I change channels on either TV or radio. I've made some snarky comments, I admit it. Now if you want to talk about the Keystone, I'm now convinced, just as Obama is and he will sign it.

The carbon emissions thing? I don't know to much about it to even give any kind of real input. My daughter is an environmental engineer, she fills me in on that kind of thing, lol.

It will be one less thing to argue about when he signs it. Hopefully good will come of this Z/T thing. Streaminglining gun laws amongst the several states would be a good start, IMO.
The carbon emissions thing? I don't know to much about it to even give any kind of real input. My daughter is an environmental engineer, she fills me in on that kind of thing, lol.

It will be one less thing to argue about when he signs it. Hopefully good will come of this Z/T thing. Streaminglining gun laws amongst the several states would be a good start, IMO.

I don't agree. Any restrictions on my right to carry the weapon of my choice I will fight against, period. The only thing I would want to see is a federal conceal carry license. We don't need someplace like New York extending it's ridicules gun laws outside it's own boarders.

I've been won over to CC. If you can't beat them, ... Quinn has until the 9th to ^^^^ or get off the pot. A 79-year old guy in a high-crime Chicago area had some insightful reasons to CC in our papers.
I don't agree. Any restrictions on my right to carry the weapon of my choice I will fight against, period. The only thing I would want to see is a federal conceal carry license. We don't need someplace like New York extending it's ridicules gun laws outside it's own boarders.

I believe in federal everything and one law versus 50 disorganized state laws. That's just me though. As Denzelle said in "Remember the Titans", if we can't come together over this hallowed ground, ... The Trib is doing a great job on the Sesquicentennial.

Back
Top Bottom