• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the virus sicken ad kill all it was going to in certain states?

When you start showing evidence of all your claims, I'll take you seriously. Till then I stand by my opinion that you are a particularly delusional adolescent.

No arguments. No facts. from a know nothing. It's mirror time for you.

PS. See my sig line.

Do you know what a scientific study entails?

Yes. I am in fact a working scientist. How about you? Do you understand that data collection and analysis is the heart of the whole process?

Yes. I am in fact a working scientist. How about you? Do you understand that data collection and analysis is the heart of the whole process?

Testing on HUMANS is part of the process, is it not?

I disagree. I think we need a statistician to analyze these numbers in more depth and if I have time, I will do a spreadsheet. From what I am seeing, this virus kills those who are susceptible to it and then stops, This is why we are seeing the drop in those states that had the highest deaths per million. There just isn't any new people with the conditions the virus needs to kill Seems rather plain when you look at it. There is no other reason. Same as the Spanish flu. It killed a lot of people and stopped. No one knows why it did and no ever will. Best guess is that those who survived just couldn't be killed, like we are seeing with COVID.

if it stopped, the number of new cases wouldn't continue to rise.

No arguments. No facts. from a know nothing. It's mirror time for you.

PS. See my sig line.

Back up your "facts". Otherwise we'll go on thinking that you pulled them out of your ass.

Not necessarily. There are at least two animals that have identical responses to the virus in every respect. Syrian hamsters, for one.

Syrian hamsters as a small animal model for SARS-CoV-2 infection and countermeasure development | PNAS

You can test just fine without violating medical ethics.

Has anyone to your knowledge done any such tests with COVID 19 with little hamsters in cages or the three little piggies wearing masks and not wearing masks at a distance of 6 feet?

This mask and social distancing thing is just a crock. There is no science behind it whatsoever. All we have at best is some wonks in a lab testing how far water molecules travel and that's about it.

Did you actually type that?

Has anyone to your knowledge done any such tests with COVID 19 with little hamsters in cages

Yes they have. They have done forced air exchange between two chambers, with various fabrics in between the chambers, then they watch what happens to the hamsters.

They also draw blood from the hamsters and check for antibodies and live virus.

I know from your earlier posts that you don't consider gathering data to be part of the scientific process, but it is. Even if the results bother your sense of how the universe should work.

Testing on HUMANS is part of the process, is it not?

Show that you understand the legal and ethical considerations.

What testing, exactly, is missing that is both ethical and legal AND would satisfy the 'concerns' of your concern-trolling OP? The question assumes you know what you are talking about, which you obviously do not, but I'm wondering whether you've bothered to think past the challenge you thought to lay down as glove.

Here is a visual metaphor for what you have presented thus far:

giphy.gif

I hope you like it.

I would like input mainly from the conservative posters here as I consider you more rational and logical in your analysis as opposed to the emotions and hyperbole of the left. As we know, there are 4 states on the east coast who had a tremendously high death rate, and this in spite of wearing masks and social distancing. At the same time other states had drastically lower death rates. We saw an uptick in those states in the past few weeks or so. I have heard no reports that the states experiencing an uptick now are NOT wearing masks in public.

More Than 20 U.S. States Now Require Face Masks In Public : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

The states I put in bold letters were the subject of my OP because they border each other and have the highest death rate per million, by far. YET.....they are now having the lowest percentage of NEW deaths of all. The states that previously had low death rates per million are now having much higher death rates even though each of those states require masks (as per the above link) just like the four states of New York, New Hersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts which have death rates of between 3 and 5 times higher.

So, something is going on and no one wants to talk about it. They can't use the mask excuse because masks are mandated and people are wearing them.

I submit my opinion for discussion and feedback. I think that there are millions of people who just don't catch the virus no matter what, mask or no mask. i think there are people who could have someone with full blown COVID cough in their face and not get it and millions others who get it and don't even know it or have very mild symptoms. Conversely, I think there are those that are going to get it no matter what, even if they wear the perfect mask and stay 6 feet away from others. I think this is what we had in the heavily hit states that border each other where the virus spread like wildfire after being introduced by Chinese coming from Wuhan and other parts of China and no matter what, the virus was going to do its thing and infect and kill people regardless of a mask or not. this whole mask bit is guess work and conjecture by some lab wonks using machines and not humans and not taking into account that people use aunt Mary's home made special.

So..........in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Massachusetts that are seeing drastic reductions in death rates, it is because the virus has killed those who would be killed....the elderly and the weak and there really are no more that the virus can kill in those locales because it has done its job.

In the states that are now seeing an uptick, it is because the virus has not yet finished doing its "job" and is infecting and killing people WITH masks, meaning masks are useless and just provide a placebo for the wearers. IOW, in spite of lab tests, this virus goes through these masks and will infect and kill people depending on their age and overall health, no matter what. The numbers bear this out.

I appreciate any thoughts and comments from conservatives.

It's all about wearing teh mask.

What was interesting is that when NYC was at it's worse, testing showed that more people who stayed at home were getting sick than were essential workers (by %) This proved how distancing, hand washing and the masks worked. New York is in good shape now because we are on top of it. For no other reason. We have new outbreaks all teh time but we do contact tracing.

Cuomo should be in charge of a national Covid task force.

When Biden is sworen in we will finally start to get this virus under control.

if it stopped, the number of new cases wouldn't continue to rise.

For all intents and purposes, in the four states that HAD the highest deaths per million has grund nearly to a halt, with New York at just 17, New Jersey at just two. Conn at just 6 and Mass at just 18. In Sweden, there are nearly none. Remember to that deaths don't happen the day someone gets it and it can be weeks before someone succumbs. But these numbers are an indication that it is going away. The question is, "Why is that? The states that had the very highest death rates are now having the lowest." Some of you will yap that "IT's THE MASKs" when you have zero proof of that because other states that are now having relatively HIGH death rates compared to those four who have death rates of three and four times as many are ALSO wearing masks and have been for some time.

Something isn't adding up. Everywhere you go in California people are wearing masks. Restaurants are closed. Stores demand masks and social distancing and have been since the start. Yet we have 160 deaths and New Jersey has just TWO!? California had a death rate of only 274 per million and New Jersey had 1797!! but NJ now has only 2?

And knowing this all of you pooh pooh the notion that the virus has simply killed those who it would in those states? I am suggesting that this virus already infected MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people who never got tested because there was no need to. Why would they if they aren't sick? I further submit that a lot of people just don't get COVID even if they and others wear no masks. This is born out by the Trump rally and will be born out by the Sturgis event.

Time will tell and I am confident I will once again be proven to be right.

Back up your "facts". Otherwise we'll go on thinking that you pulled them out of your ass.

You are the one who refuted what I was saying. It's your duty to prove me wrong. I stated my facts in my OP.

Not necessarily. There are at least two animals that have identical responses to the virus in every respect. Syrian hamsters, for one.

Syrian hamsters as a small animal model for SARS-CoV-2 infection and countermeasure development | PNAS

You can test just fine without violating medical ethics.

May I see the video of the hamsters in their cages wearing mask made out of used underwear? Of course, I would need control groups of little hamsters on wheels wearing TShirt masks, Grammas knitted ones and then surgical masks. On one side of the room would be hamsters with 6 feet distancing and no masks, and other with masks, and then at 5 feet four feet and sitting across the hamster dinner table.

Since you're a scientist, do you have some inside info as to whether these tests are ongoing?

Show that you understand the legal and ethical considerations.

What testing, exactly, is missing that is both ethical and legal AND would satisfy the 'concerns' of your concern-trolling OP? The question assumes you know what you are talking about, which you obviously do not, but I'm wondering whether you've bothered to think past the challenge you thought to lay down as glove.

Here is a visual metaphor for what you have presented thus far:

giphy.gif

I hope you like it.

There is none. There has been NO SCIENTIFIC studies ir testing done. Ask the scientist Hamish.

It's all about wearing teh mask.

What was interesting is that when NYC was at it's worse, testing showed that more people who stayed at home were getting sick than were essential workers (by %) This proved how distancing, hand washing and the masks worked. New York is in good shape now because we are on top of it. For no other reason. We have new outbreaks all teh time but we do contact tracing.

Cuomo should be in charge of a national Covid task force.

When Biden is sworen in we will finally start to get this virus under control.

May I see some evidence other than you just saying this? Thank you.

Only in this Orwellian world would a so called doctor named Fauci be able to say New York handled this well with the most deaths in the nation and not be laughed out ofAmerica. We are now living in bizarro world.

May I see some evidence other than you just saying this? Thank you.

Only in this Orwellian world would a so called doctor named Fauci be able to say New York handled this well with the most deaths in the nation and not be laughed out ofAmerica. We are now living in bizarro world.

sure, look it up, it's easy to find and yes, you do live in bizzaro world.

You don't know that at all. You are claiming that 90% of the population is still at risk. You have no evidence of that and should cease and desist in scaring your left wing friends with such a notion. There is much that is not known about this virus, such as why the people in Sweden didn't not wear masks or lock down and now their death rate has plummeted. Get me the reason(s) for that and we can talk further.

As for your rest homes, possibly your state did a much better job that Cuomo did in not moving sick people into those confined sardine cans of germs and viruses. Naturally if a nursing home is quarantined the virus can;t get in. This is what you do with diseases. You quarantine the sick....NOT the whole population which is completely effing asinine. Don't believe me? Ask Sweden.

Again: "Anyone who believes that if they made it this far and aren't dead or have gotten sick, that they're in the clear, is quite frankly IMO a moron."

May I see the video of the hamsters in their cages wearing mask made out of used underwear? Of course, I would need control groups of little hamsters on wheels wearing TShirt masks, Grammas knitted ones and then surgical masks. On one side of the room would be hamsters with 6 feet distancing and no masks, and other with masks, and then at 5 feet four feet and sitting across the hamster dinner table.

Since you're a scientist, do you have some inside info as to whether these tests are ongoing?

You don't even read posts before you respond, do you? :lol:

sure, look it up, it's easy to find and yes, you do live in bizzaro world.

I take that as you are just spouting off nonsense you heard somewhere or maybe from a poster friend.

Again: "Anyone who believes that if they made it this far and aren't dead or have gotten sick, that they're in the clear, is quite frankly IMO a moron."

Please submit your evidence. Words are as cheap as a Thrift store suit. I want your evidence that if people go out without a mask and no social distancing, they will die.

Back
Top Bottom