• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the virus sicken ad kill all it was going to in certain states?

The difference between religious people from the past and scientists/doctors now is we can question their conclusions and provide contradictory evidence. So far, you've ranted quite a bit and even made comparisons between religion and science, but it's all conjecture and hyperbole. I don't need to have faith in scientists; they're not providing ethereal concepts that cannot be proven and challenged. Science is not like religion in that it uses empirical data to arrive at its conclusions; more importantly, it can change as new information is found.

You are wrong. The only difference between the religious leaders and science/government is the clothes they wear. Religion is waning and is being replaced with science and government. Religion promised you would be saved by Jesus/God because he loves you and if you believe, prayers will be answered. Science/Government teaches that we will be saved through science and government.

There is absolutely NO difference except that the chess pieces used to control the populace are now science and government rather than religion and and pastors.

I agree that science CAN do wonders. They can send people to the moon, calculate the distance between stars and galaxies, invent life saving medicines. It is BECAUSE they can do that that humanity has now replaced science for the imaginary god they used to believe when they found he could not answer prayers or do miracles. Humans looked at an invisible and silent "god' who never did anything and looked at science who many times did and they just swapped out belief systems. Science and scientists became their gods. So much so, that ANT criticism of them is met with the same tactics that Christians use against criticisms of their bible Gog.......derision, anger, shunning, ridicule, embarrassment.

I will share with a classic to PROVE this and I don't keep posts or know how to retrieve specific ones but this was a post by a poster named Hamish to me in a thread involving the alleged "science" behind wearing masks (there is none). He slapped up a mathematical type science question because he is a scientist. This is the identical way Christians in a tribe would silence anyone who dared question their belief system. They do it by slapping up BIBLE quotes knowing that the doubter has not memorized the bible like they have. Their beliefs are based on the bible being 100% the word of their God and any one who doubts that is met with scorn and contempt with bible quotes hurled at them by the crowd like fire and brimstone from the heavens.

This is what the left now does. Their new gods are scientists. They believe those scientists 100%. Some of these believers will also hurl equations at a non believer with their tribe in the backgroubd hurling insuts and threats and condemnation like a Medieval tribunal putting a witch on trial.

You are wrong. The only difference between the religious leaders and science/government is the clothes they wear. Religion is waning and is being replaced with science and government. Religion promised you would be saved by Jesus/God because he loves you and if you believe, prayers will be answered. Science/Government teaches that we will be saved through science and government.

There is absolutely NO difference except that the chess pieces used to control the populace are now science and government rather than religion and and pastors.

Not quite. Science uses empirical data to arrive at conclusions; religion relies purely on faith. Rational people don't think science is a "savior", but rather a field which uses a verifiable methodology to better understand how our world works, and how we solve some of our problems. Thus far, science has helped us achieve all of the technology we currently use. Religion doesn't follow the same methodology since its realm is the spiritual. What is interesting is your zeal in trying to prove that science is like religion with no supporting evidence; that's far more akin to the very actions you decry.

I agree that science CAN do wonders. They can send people to the moon, calculate the distance between stars and galaxies, invent life saving medicines. It is BECAUSE they can do that that humanity has now replaced science for the imaginary god they used to believe when they found he could not answer prayers or do miracles. Humans looked at an invisible and silent "god' who never did anything and looked at science who many times did and they just swapped out belief systems. Science and scientists became their gods. So much so, that ANT criticism of them is met with the same tactics that Christians use against criticisms of their bible Gog.......derision, anger, shunning, ridicule, embarrassment.

That's a pretty big generalization. Sure, some people adhere to just about anything with religious-like zeal, but that has nothing to do with the work science is accomplishing. As it relates to this pandemic, medical science will help in identifying a method to either speed up our immunity and/or create a treatment to help us get through this while minimizing deaths. I think you're projecting too much skepticism to what is actually going on. The nice thing about science, is one can can refute claims with data, but to just say something isn't so without information to back it up isn't helpful.

I will share with a classic to PROVE this and I don't keep posts or know how to retrieve specific ones but this was a post by a poster named Hamish to me in a thread involving the alleged "science" behind wearing masks (there is none). He slapped up a mathematical type science question because he is a scientist. This is the identical way Christians in a tribe would silence anyone who dared question their belief system. They do it by slapping up BIBLE quotes knowing that the doubter has not memorized the bible like they have. Their beliefs are based on the bible being 100% the word of their God and any one who doubts that is met with scorn and contempt with bible quotes hurled at them by the crowd like fire and brimstone from the heavens.

Sure there is: here's some. Masks have been in usage for a variety of uses for a long time, and the reasons aren't because of faith in masks. We know the size of viruses and the different type of materials which can block particles of varying microns. Faith isn't required because the effectiveness of various masks can be measured. What's a tougher thing is how compliant people are in following the instructions which make masks effective.

This is what the left now does. Their new gods are scientists. They believe those scientists 100%. Some of these believers will also hurl equations at a non believer with their tribe in the backgroubd hurling insuts and threats and condemnation like a Medieval tribunal putting a witch on trial.

Well, if you're using scientific methodology, then you can make a counter claim using whichever data points you have to contradict a particular claim. Belief isn't required.

Not quite. Science uses empirical data to arrive at conclusions; religion relies purely on faith. Rational people don't think science is a "savior", but rather a field which uses a verifiable methodology to better understand how our world works, and how we solve some of our problems. Thus far, science has helped us achieve all of the technology we currently use. Religion doesn't follow the same methodology since its realm is the spiritual. What is interesting is your zeal in trying to prove that science is like religion with no supporting evidence; that's far more akin to the very actions you decry.

That's a pretty big generalization. Sure, some people adhere to just about anything with religious-like zeal, but that has nothing to do with the work science is accomplishing. As it relates to this pandemic, medical science will help in identifying a method to either speed up our immunity and/or create a treatment to help us get through this while minimizing deaths. I think you're projecting too much skepticism to what is actually going on. The nice thing about science, is one can can refute claims with data, but to just say something isn't so without information to back it up isn't helpful.

Sure there is: here's some. Masks have been in usage for a variety of uses for a long time, and the reasons aren't because of faith in masks. We know the size of viruses and the different type of materials which can block particles of varying microns. Faith isn't required because the effectiveness of various masks can be measured. What's a tougher thing is how compliant people are in following the instructions which make masks effective.

Well, if you're using scientific methodology, then you can make a counter claim using whichever data points you have to contradict a particular claim. Belief isn't required.

You are the one using generalizations in more areas than one. You are saying what science can do and using that as an inference that they have the answers here. The link you gave me is one I have seen countless times and talks about the emitting of water droplets through masks, how far ad under what circumstances. A real scientific test uses real people.That is how the test vaccines and drugs. This is why I started a new OP about Sturgis. If these scientists were really interested in the truth instead of scare tactics, they would be assembled at Sturgis in full protective gear asking for volunteers. Right now, all they have is theory and conjecture that they are using to control the masses, every bit as much as a pastor would use the threat of hell.

The players have changed but the time proven methods of controlling the masses through fear, guilt, shame and societal condemnation have not.

Once you or they can explain why there are very few, if any, reports of people NOT dying at the Trump rally, t the riots, at the beach at spring break, on Sweden whereas there are almost as many, if not more in mask wearing countries states, let me know.

A bubble would protect people 100% too. Wanna mandate them?

You are the one using generalizations in more areas than one. You are saying what science can do and using that as an inference that they have the answers here. The link you gave me is one I have seen countless times and talks about the emitting of water droplets through masks, how far ad under what circumstances. A real scientific test uses real people.That is how the test vaccines and drugs. This is why I started a new OP about Sturgis. If these scientists were really interested in the truth instead of scare tactics, they would be assembled at Sturgis in full protective gear asking for volunteers. Right now, all they have is theory and conjecture that they are using to control the masses, every bit as much as a pastor would use the threat of hell.

Are you claiming that medical science is powerless here? So we've depended on science's results in medicine for decades and now we should reserve extra skepticism for this disease? Thus far you've been making baseless accusations about fear mongering when it's nothing more than your opinion. If information incites fear, that says more about the recipients of that information than the information itself. As for Sturgis, we will see in the coming weeks. If we see surges in the Sturgis area then we'll know whether there was an impact or not.

The players have changed but the time proven methods of controlling the masses through fear, guilt, shame and societal condemnation have not.

This is just a rant.

Once you or they can explain why there are very few, if any, reports of people NOT dying at the Trump rally, t the riots, at the beach at spring break, on Sweden whereas there are almost as many, if not more in mask wearing countries states, let me know.

A bubble would protect people 100% too. Wanna mandate them?

There's been no contact tracing conducted on attendees of the Trump rally of which I'm aware. What we did see is an increase in cases two weeks after that, but that could also have been impacted by the phase three reopening in Oklahoma. You keep bringing Sweden up without addressing the differences between that country and the challenges we'd have to factor in when comparing it to the US. It's like you're trying to do algebra with only basic arithmetic.

Are you claiming that medical science is powerless here? So we've depended on science's results in medicine for decades and now we should reserve extra skepticism for this disease? Thus far you've been making baseless accusations about fear mongering when it's nothing more than your opinion. If information incites fear, that says more about the recipients of that information than the information itself. As for Sturgis, we will see in the coming weeks. If we see surges in the Sturgis area then we'll know whether there was an impact or not.

This is just a rant.

There's been no contact tracing conducted on attendees of the Trump rally of which I'm aware. What we did see is an increase in cases two weeks after that, but that could also have been impacted by the phase three reopening in Oklahoma. You keep bringing Sweden up without addressing the differences between that country and the challenges we'd have to factor in when comparing it to the US. It's like you're trying to do algebra with only basic arithmetic.

As I said in my new about Sturgis, they have ways of finding out who attended by posting ads and flyers. They can be in Sturgis right now for REAL testing...not fake ones. They could do them with REAL people.

And yes. I am saying that your science gods don't know diddly about this virus.

As I said in my new about Sturgis, they have ways of finding out who attended by posting ads and flyers. They can be in Sturgis right now for REAL testing...not fake ones. They could do them with REAL people.

How likely do you think bikers will be to undergo testing if even wearing masks seems to be too much to ask?

And yes. I am saying that your science gods don't know diddly about this virus.

Then you're incorrect. They may not know everything, but they know enough to make recommendations and how to treat it better than they did a few months ago. Thus far you have provided no better information despite complaining about scientists.

How likely do you think bikers will be to undergo testing if even wearing masks seems to be too much to ask?

Then you're incorrect. They may not know everything, but they know enough to make recommendations and how to treat it better than they did a few months ago. Thus far you have provided no better information despite complaining about scientists.

I have said they could ASK the bikers if they are willing to participate in the first REAL scientific study. I bet they would get 90% of them. But, the scientists and MSM isn't interested in being shown they are misleading the public.

I have said they could ASK the bikers if they are willing to participate in the first REAL scientific study. I bet they would get 90% of them. But, the scientists and MSM isn't interested in being shown they are misleading the public.

Really? Do you think you'll get 90% participation from a group that doesn't think the disease is serious enough to avoid it? That seems like an effort destined to fail.

Really? Do you think you'll get 90% participation from a group that doesn't think the disease is serious enough to avoid it? That seems like an effort destined to fail.

Absolutely. Why not. It would be their chance to prove these phony scientists wrong. They would also be doing a great service to America in showing everyone that, while science is all well and good, it screws up bigly many times.

Absolutely. Why not. It would be their chance to prove these phony scientists wrong. They would also be doing a great service to America in showing everyone that, while science is all well and good, it screws up bigly many times.

Again, why would people who can't be bothered with protecting themselves based on medical recommendations, be willing to cooperate in a data gathering exercise from the same folks who recommend they wear masks?

Again, why would people who can't be bothered with protecting themselves based on medical recommendations, be willing to cooperate in a data gathering exercise from the same folks who recommend they wear masks?

Because they have pride in who they are.

Back
Top Bottom