• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did The Email Investigation Cause The FBI To Drop The Ball Regarding Orlando?

From my experience the more extreme your views, the less information you're willing to expose yourself to, and are therefore by default and definition more ignorant.

How about willfully ignorant? They know the information's out there, they just don't care.

How about willfully ignorant?

Well if you choose to only listen to information that reinforces what you already think and resolutely refuse to take in any information that might challengs your views then yes, that would be willful ignorance.

I was far right most of my life, now I am just disappointed.

Well maybe you attribute everything bad and wrong to all those stupid right wingers when there was no evidence to support it like you did in this thread. You're entire purpose here that I can see, is to bash the right as often and as much as possible.

Well if you choose to only listen to information that reinforces what you already think and resolutely refuse to take in any information that might challengs your views then yes, that would be willful ignorance.

And that's what the SJW's do all the time. That's why they love to shut down debates. They only want to hear their narrative and not anyone else's.

I have absolutely seen that from you and I respect it. I try to be real about the right as well but I probably don't do it as much as I should.

Thanks. It's crazy how divided the liberals and conservatives are becoming in this country. It's like the right and the left are having their own internal ideological battles.

And that's what the SJW's do all the time. That's why they love to shut down debates. They only want to hear their narrative and not anyone else's.

Ugh and I (and I assume you do to by your posting) hate it with a bloody passion when you want to have a genuine discussion with someone and they're only interested in screaming thier opinion at you louder than you state yours in return. Loud does NOT = correct. In fact when a person needs to substitute volume for substance it shows an inherent lack of strength in ther opinion. Being PC has its place, but only when it's used as a tool towards basic decency (which it almost never is) like not insisting on using blatant racial epithets. But our society, I'd like to think, has gotten to the point where most people can self police thier decency and don't need an army of screaming lunatics dissecting thier every perceived incorrect nomenclature.

Ugh and I (and I assume you do to by your posting) hate it with a bloody passion when you want to have a genuine discussion with someone and they're only interested in screaming thier opinion at you louder than you state yours in return.

Yep. I seriously hate that too. That's what arguing a conspiracy theorist is always like.

Loud does NOT = correct. In fact when a person needs to substitute volume for substance it shows an inherent lack of strength in ther opinion. Being PC has its place, but only when it's used as a tool towards basic decency (which it almost never is) like not insisting on using blatant racial epithets. But our society, I'd like to think, has gotten to the point where most people can self police thier decency and don't need an army of screaming lunatics dissecting thier every perceived incorrect nomenclature.

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't want a mob of morons gonig around policing what we can and can't say, or what we can and can't do.

That's one of the main reason why I dislike the PC craze of today. It's all about these SJW's saying that their sensibilities are the only "real" sensibilities, and everyone else should have to conform to their line of thinking, in order to not offend them (and people are so easily offended at everything now).

What can be entertaining is watching social justice warriors and social conservative warriors arguing with each other about how much more morally superior they are. :lol:

What can be entertaining is watching social justice warriors and social conservative warriors arguing with each other about how much more morally superior to they are. :lol:

Haha that goes back to my two 4 year olds arguing lol

What can be entertaining is watching social justice warriors and social conservative warriors arguing with each other about how much more morally superior they are. :lol:

And trying to have a rational discussion with either of them feels just like this:

Squidwardheaddesk_zps54088388.gif

Thanks. It's crazy how divided the liberals and conservatives are becoming in this country. It's like the right and the left are having their own internal ideological battles.

Y'know, piss poor presidential candidates aside, there has been one small upside to this campaign season. I saw a thread about Hillary and Sanders that was very, very similar to conversations I've had about the the GOP (you know, "establishment" vs "outsider" type stuff) and I realized how much more we might have in common with each other than we think.

To add: Morale in the FBI probably suffers under all the crap those men and women are expected to do. I've met a few agents and they are one hell of a dedicated group of people. Still, the terrorist vigilance and investigations probably drain them mentally, emotionally and physically after a while. Throw into that mix a very high profile investigation into a case that will never likely see the true light of day and it probably blows being an agent these days.

oh yeah poor them. Well i'd rather be drained than dead, and if the fbi only exists to give a false sense of protection, regardless whose fault it is, may as well dismantle it

Y'know, piss poor presidential candidates aside, there has been one small upside to this campaign season. I saw a thread about Hillary and Sanders that was very, very similar to conversations I've had about the the GOP (you know, "establishment" vs "outsider" type stuff) and I realized how much more we might have in common with each other than we think.

We probably do. Most just don't realize it.

Well said. Once partisan BS is out of the way there is little difference between voting for ****ing crazy and ****ing dishonest.

I believe most Americans could support a reasonable compromise between them.

Ugh and I (and I assume you do to by your posting) hate it with a bloody passion when you want to have a genuine discussion with someone and they're only interested in screaming thier opinion at you louder than you state yours in return. Loud does NOT = correct. In fact when a person needs to substitute volume for substance it shows an inherent lack of strength in ther opinion. Being PC has its place, but only when it's used as a tool towards basic decency (which it almost never is) like not insisting on using blatant racial epithets. But our society, I'd like to think, has gotten to the point where most people can self police thier decency and don't need an army of screaming lunatics dissecting thier every perceived incorrect nomenclature.

Being PC is not about basic decency, though IMO. It is not being PC to be offended by things that are offensive. Screaming racial or gay slurs at someone is an offensive thing to do and it's completely reasonable to condemn it. PC is about finding offense where there is none.

To me, politically correct is just different terminology for being a liar because you are forcing yourself to say the "politically correct" thing. There are many examples of this but one is Hillary used to call illegals, illegals until it was decided that that was not politically correct, at which time she decided not to say what she felt but use the politically correct terminology instead. People who are politically correct have to think about what they say before they speak, otherwise they may say what's really on their minds and not the politically correct thing. In other words, they have to lie to make sure they don't say the wrong thing.

Being PC is not about basic decency, though IMO. It is not being PC to be offended by things that are offensive. Screaming racial or gay slurs at someone is an offensive thing to do and it's completely reasonable to condemn it. PC is about finding offense where there is none.

As it stands now I agree with you. I just remember when I was first introduced to the idea before it exploded and turned into an army of word police.

As it stands now I agree with you. I just remember when I was first introduced to the idea before it exploded and turned into an army of word police.

And PC ruins everything, but especially comedy.

Well said. Once partisan BS is out of the way there is little difference between voting for ****ing crazy and ****ing dishonest.

I believe most Americans could support a reasonable compromise between them.

Thanks Risky. As a matter of fact I believe the thread was one by you. The internal conflict on the GOP is pretty obvious and has been for awhile. I've definitely distanced myself from it, where I've typically been something of an apologist. Some of your frustration with the Dem party was nearly identical my own with the Repubs.

I take it you don't believe in dictionary definitions. That's a shame, because I bet you lose a lot of arguments with those that do.

Back
Top Bottom