• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis slams NCAA and Lia Thomas, declares Florida swimmer 'rightful winner'

If it was a thousand trans athletes would it be wrong?

Is discrimination ok if it only affects a small number?

They said that about gay marriage at one time
There aren’t a thousand trans athletes. There never will be.

It is a moral panic.
It's political malpractice for Democrats to side with male-to-female transgendered women in women's sports. You can say that there are not that many male-to-female transgender athletes, but there are not many top tier athletes period. By definition, a top tier athlete is a 1 in a million athlete.

Over 1500 men have ran a 4 minute mile. Not one woman in history has. The world record vo2 max for a man is 96, for a woman it is 77. The world record squat for a man is 1080 pounds, for a woman it is 570 pounds.
The legislation that was vetoed by Gov Cox was the banning of trans kids from high school sports.

Looking into the issue, and realizing that the suicide rate of trans kids is high, banning them from participation in an activity that gives them community and purpose was a harsh measure given that there were a total of four out of 70,000 kids that are trans athletes in his state and only one of them is trans female.

Now if the opposition to trans athletes were to be offering a solution to the outrage other than outright banning and shitting on trans kids for votes… then sure let’s talk.

But all I see is the age old trope of protecting the women from predatory men story that plays very well in certain circles.

I stated males have a biological advantage. You said they didn't. I provided proof that they do. You whine and do your little troll game. It's hilarious.

Males who DO transition, still have a biological advantage, as you've been shown.

Nobody has any obligation to address or refute arguments you make up, pull from our ass, and attribute to others.

Meanwhile, as I correctly stated, males have a biological advantage over females. Trans females, are males. It's biology.
Proof and quotes ZERO, more lies, dodges and deflections abundant . . . .. next! LMAO
Let us know when you can do so until then each additional post by you will be another delicious loss!
😂🍿

It is a moral panic.

The legislation that was vetoed by Gov Cox was the banning of trans kids from high school sports.

Looking into the issue, and realizing that the suicide rate of trans kids is high, banning them from participation in an activity that gives them community and purpose was a harsh measure given that there were a total of four out of 70,000 kids that are trans athletes in his state and only one of them is trans female.

Now if the opposition to trans athletes were to be offering a solution to the outrage other than outright banning and shitting on trans kids for votes… then sure let’s talk.

But all I see is the age old trope of protecting the women from predatory men story that plays very well in certain circles.
The solution is to compete with males

This is flat out discrimination against cis women and its awful

Proof and quotes ZERO, more lies, dodges and deflections abundant . . . .. next! LMAO
Let us know when you can do so until then each additional post by you will be another delicious loss!
😂🍿
Males have a biological advantage over females. I've proven this to you, several times. I'm sorry that you think that trolling will make biology somehow go away. But it doesn't.

some of you guys must not have daughters.

it's so predictable what some female athletes are gonna be forced to do to compete.

they're gonna have to 'roid up.

Its so weird to me that rights, freedoms and medical science just doesn't matter to "some" people just there wittle fweelings LOL
is it a matter of ignorance? bigotry? simply exposure and forgetting there are transgirls out there that completely fail or are totally average and that orgs have the right to make their own rules . . .what is it?

its so EASY for me to say:

if science proves that there is an unfair advantage as a blanket statement for all individuals and all sports Ill totally support banning it for scholastic sports
if science proves something else, ill support that also
Ill never sport forcing an outside org doing something as long as they are operating inside the law and not violating rights or illegally discriminating

🤷‍♂️
why does something so easy like that trigger unhinged meltdowns in some LMAO

It is a moral panic.

Just because the cultural right supports something for all the wrong reasons does not mean that it is not a problem. There are close to 2 million transgender Americans. I believe they should have all the protections from discrimination as anyone, but if you have an unfair advantage in many women's sports, then you have an unfair advantage. It is that simple.

As I pointed out in a different thread on this subject, when I went on testosterone cypionate, I quite competing in races because I had an unfair advantage. Frankly, the fact that Lia Thomas decided to compete in women's swimming tells me that she lack's personal integrity because she has a clear unfair advantage.

Not a ban but requiring trans high school athletes to participate in high school sports based on their sex not on their gender identity. This comes down to puberty-based sex differences in size, strength, and other differences already mentioned in this and other threads.
I don't support this type of legislation. It is better handled on an individual basis. It's not simple. It does require good faith and open discussion to try to come up with solutions that are fair, safe, and as inclusive as possible. Also, there is a difference between sports in school vs competitive professional sports vs collegiate sports. Again, it's more complicated than simple political slogans.

What about individual trans that try to compete but stink and don't make it even though they are "biological males?"
That happens all of the time. Why should they be treated differently than other biological males in sports?
Your question isnt based on reality, it suggest that every trans is succsful they arent and has my post already points out "IF" medical science shows its unfair, then we should listen to medical science for scholastic sports, if it doesnt it, it is what it is

We already know biological males’ bodies are generally stronger.
see answer above about science
Doesnt that individual trans deserve to not be discriminated against and treated as a lesser if science doesn't show a factual advantage for that individual
It’s not about treating them as lesser - it’s about treating them equal to their biological counterparts.
That would depend on the rules of those sports and leagues, in many cases they could

They should.

yet another sport where men/former men can dominate...

U.S. Women's Basketball Beat Australia and Advance to the Semifinals - The  New York Times

Its so weird to me that rights, freedoms and medical science just doesn't matter to "some" people just there wittle fweelings LOL
is it a matter of ignorance? bigotry? simply exposure and forgetting there are transgirls out there that completely fail or are totally average and that orgs have the right to make their own rules . . .what is it?

if science proves that there is an unfair advantage as a blanket statement for all individuals and all sports Ill totally support banning it for scholastic sports
Ill never sport forcing an outside org doing something as long as they are operating inside the law and not violating rights or illegally discriminating

🤷‍♂️
Wait, so you don't believe that men have a physical advantage over women (on average of course)?

🤷‍♂️
As you have been repeatedly shown, with numerous scientific citations, males have a biological advantage of strength, size and endurance over females. A trans female, is a male with all of those same advantages, because they are male, not female

Wait, so you don't believe that men have a physical advantage over women (on average of course)?
Get ready for a slew of popcorn and smiley face emoji's and a total avoidance of the actual topic of discussion, or the fact their position has been completely disproven by science. It will be an endless rabbit hole.

The right-wing's racism and misogyny is always someone else's fault.

The bigots are the real victims here.

Are liberals and progressives who agree with DeSantis bigots?

Males have a biological advantage over females. I've proven this to you, several times. I'm sorry that you think that trolling will make biology somehow go away. But it doesn't.
meaningless retarded strawman to the topic, thanks for playing
Please let us know when you can provide those qoutes you claimed and provided an unfair advantage for all transgirls in all sports
😂🍿

Frankly, the fact that Lia Thomas decided to compete in women's swimming tells me that she lack's personal integrity because she has a clear unfair advantage
That is something that I can agree with.

Is this something best left to the NCAA to decide on by a case by case basis or is it the role of the government to mandate a blanket ban?

meaningless retarded strawman to the topic, thanks for playing
The topic is males competing against women, in sports. So, pointing out that males have biological advantages in strength, size and endurance is obviously not a strawman.
Please let us know when you can provide those qoutes you claimed and provided an unfair advantage for all transgirls in all sports
😂🍿
I've already proven to you that males (which is what a trans female is) have a biological advantage over females. It's not debatable. It's biology.

every person that sides with men/former men shattering women's records (which is wrong) is inadvertently making the trumps and the desantis' of the world politically stronger because it is wrong for them to shatter women's records and the majority of the US (deep down) knows that it's wrong.
Yes. I don't think this is very well thought out by advocates that are pushing this ONE specific topic.

All to shit on trans kids.
There is no "shit on trans kids". The vast majority of individuals have an objection ONLY when it comes to competitive sports, and almost specifically when it comes to MtF trans athletes competing against biological women because biological men are built stronger, faster, bigger, etc than biological women. All the transitioning in the world - hormone and even surgery -- doesn't change that innate biological advantage.

Do as Lia did initially and swim on the team of the gender that matches their biology? Biological women compete in men's sports on rare occasions...MTF trans athletes can compete on the men's team and still identify as a woman. No one says that the women on men's football teams aren't women, do they?

When Mack Beggs competed with females that was a big problem.
That is a problem when taking performance enhancing drugs - testosterone. He now competes with men which is correct. Mack has no biological advantage over males. Nobody is concerned with trans men competing in the men's division. Everyone understands they cannot compete I the women's division if they take testosterone or any performance enhancing drugs.

That happens all of the time. Why should they be treated differently than other biological males in sports?
because they are trans, referring to biological over and over as if its the only thing thats a factor is the mistake
again, unless science says otherwise which it hasnt . . but maybe it will
We already know biological males’ bodies are generally stronger.
yes on average, non-transitioned males are stronger
It’s not about treating them as lesser - it’s about treating them equal to their biological counterparts.
Says you, reality says different
They should.
you are allowed to feel that way

what? where do you possibly get that LMAO
believes have nothgin to do with this topic, i stick with facts and medical science, rights and freedoms

Yes un-transitioned males on average have a physical advantage over women . . ..

There is no "shit on trans kids". The vast majority of individuals have an objection ONLY when it comes to competitive sports, and almost specifically when it comes to MtF trans athletes competing against biological women because biological men are built stronger, faster, bigger, etc than biological women. All the transitioning in the world - hormone and even surgery -- doesn't change that innate biological advantage.
It’s an obvious moral panic wedge issue.

Can’t shit on gays anymore so move on to the next threat to our women and girls.

It’s an obvious political play.

But I will say that it is effective.

Back
Top Bottom