• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis slams NCAA and Lia Thomas, declares Florida swimmer 'rightful winner'

That is something that I can agree with.

Is this something best left to the NCAA to decide on by a case by case basis or is it the role of the government to mandate a blanket ban?
The problem with deciding on a case by case basis is that it becomes a culture war for every transgender athlete to compete. I think it would be better to just have science dictate which women sports a male-to-female transgender athlete would have a potential biological advantage in.

The problem with deciding on a case by case basis is that it becomes a culture war for every transgender athlete to compete. I think it would be better to just have science dictate which women sports a male-to-female transgender athlete would have a potential biological advantage in.

I agree except in K-12. That is more complicated.

That is a problem when taking performance enhancing drugs - testosterone. He now competes with men which is correct. Mack has no biological advantage over males. Nobody is concerned with trans men competing in the men's division. Everyone understands they cannot compete I the women's division if they take testosterone or any performance enhancing drugs.
Mack Beggs was forced to compete with females when he wanted to compete with males.

That is why these blanket bans are dumb.

The competition should be based on performance and not gender.

women are already getting screwed by making less money for the same work and NOW they're gonna get screwed by not being born a man in women's sports.

that has to be really hard for the losing women to take.

it's so predictable what some female athletes are gonna be forced to do to compete.

they're gonna have to 'roid up.
They'd be disqualified for steroids. But that would be about the only way to compete against a trans individual that was once a biological man, yes.

As I pointed out in a different thread on this subject, when I went on testosterone cypionate, I quite competing in races because I had an unfair advantage. Frankly, the fact that Lia Thomas decided to compete in women's swimming tells me that she lack's personal integrity because she has a clear unfair advantage.
Lia WANTED to swim against the women and wants to go on to the Olympics. It will be interesting to see if Lia meets the testosterone requirements that the Olympic committee has set. But yes, I agree, it is an integrity issue. Lia swam on the men's team as they were transitioning. That's where they should have stayed swimming.

A trans female, is a male with all of those same advantages, because they are male, not female
Please show the medical community consensus saying that all trans females have all those same advantages and its unfair for every individual in all sports. thanks LMAO
🍿

unhinged triggered meltdown dodge, deflection, lie and or attack post in 3 .. .2 .. . .

It’s an obvious moral panic wedge issue.

Can’t shit on gays anymore so move on to the next threat to our women and girls.

It’s an obvious political play.

But I will say that it is effective.
It's such obvious discrimination against cis women.

It's just awful

It’s going to be a culture war no matter what.

Up until the moment it isn’t anymore because no one gives a shit and the next moral panic for votes starts up.

The topic is males competing against women, in sports. So, pointing out that males have biological advantages in strength, size and endurance is obviously not a strawman.

I've already proven to you that males (which is what a trans female is) have a biological advantage over females. It's not debatable. It's biology.
the topic is transfemales, thanks for playing!

It’s going to be a culture war no matter what.

Up until the moment it isn’t anymore because no one gives a shit and the next moral panic for votes starts up.
Discrimination is discrimination

Cis women have rights too

because they are trans, referring to biological over and over as if its the only thing thats a factor is the mistake
again, unless science says otherwise which it hasnt . . but maybe it will

yes on average, non-transitioned males are stronger
Do you lose shoulder width when you transition? Do you lose vo2 max when you transition? Do you lose heart stroke volume when you transition? Do you lose maximum heart rate when you transition?

Please show the medical community consensus saying that all trans females have all those same advantages and its unfair for every individual in all sports. thanks LMAO
🍿

unhinged triggered meltdown dodge, deflection, lie and or attack post in 3 .. .2 .. . .
I have already shown you. Males have a biological advantage over females. A trans female, is not female. They are biological males. They of course, because you know...........biology, have a biological advantage over females.

the topic is transfemales, thanks for playing!
The topic is males competing against females. A transfemale is a male. That is literally the topic of this thread. So, refuting your nonsense with actual science, and sticking 100% to the thread topic, is by definition not a strawman.

Can’t shit on gays anymore so move on to the next threat to our women and girls.
Women have only had Title IX collegiate sports since 1978.

43 years - and women's sports are underfunded, etc. STILL in comparison to men's sports.

Can't we have ANYTHING that is ours?

They'd be disqualified for steroids. But that would be about the only way to compete against a trans individual that was once a biological man, yes.

Lia WANTED to swim against the women and wants to go on to the Olympics. It will be interesting to see if Lia meets the testosterone requirements that the Olympic committee has set. But yes, I agree, it is an integrity issue. Lia swam on the men's team as they were transitioning. That's where they should have stayed swimming.
There are tons of tradeoffs in life. Few decisions come without costs. She should have just left competitive sports.

It’s an obvious moral panic wedge issue.

It’s an obvious political play.

But I will say that it is effective.

This is also being used as a Divide and Conquer strategy by the right wing. It's working. Many many progressives, liberals, and democrats do not think Thomas should be competing in the women's division or at minimum have questions about it.
The RW positioning themselves as the protector of women's sports (which is so laughable) forces most on the other side to be quiet - who wants to be aligned with a party that has never been a supporter of women's rights. They don't share my values.

Do you lose shoulder width when you transition? Do you lose vo2 max when you transition? Do you lose heart stroke volume when you transition? Do you lose maximum heart rate when you transition?

I dont know what does science say? thats the whole point . . . .
when do those things come to be? birth? 10? 18? 25?
does every single male have a greater one than every single female?
what happens when a person transitions at 14?
if its as clear as those things above why are there trans females that stink at sports some not even being able to compete, I know 2. ONe was good enough for travel sports but didnt stick out on her team or in the sport another tried track and field and couldn't cut it.

the travel girl i didnt not know on a personal level so i dont know what she did when, the other girl worked for me and started transition at 14 .. she was ver small in stature and if she didn't tell people i would have never known

like i said many times, ill support what ever medical science says fo scholastics, the rest is nobody business

and I do agree in my OPINION/THEORY that somebody training in a sport since 16 who then transitions at 23 and is allowed to compete the same year probably makes zero sense but again my feelings and opinions dont matter

I have already shown you. Males have a biological advantage over females. A trans female, is not female. They are biological males. They of course, because you know...........biology, have a biological advantage over females.
another fail and i called it perfectly LMAO
🍿

• Decreased libido. This will begin one to three months after starting treatment. ...
  • Decreased spontaneous erections. ...
  • Slowing of scalp hair loss. ...
  • Softer, less oily skin. ...
  • Testicular atrophy. ...
  • Breast development. ...
  • Redistribution of body fat. ...
  • Decreased muscle mass.
Which change none of the things I listed.

The topic is males competing against females. A transfemale is a male. That is literally the topic of this thread. So, refuting your nonsense with actual science, and sticking 100% to the thread topic, is by definition not a strawman.
no matter how many times you post this retarded lie and strawman it will never be true, it just furthers our entertainment
the topic is transfemales

🍿

While I agree that degrees need to pay and underwater basketweaving shouldn't even be allowed, what is your point to biological advantages in the sexes being inherently unfair?
You are the one arguing that it shouldn't matter.
It does matter. I keep waiting for why it SHOULDN'T matter, but it seems I will be waiting a while.
Yes, people need to bootstrap, I still fail to see the relevance. Maybe you could attempt to connect the dots?
Athletes have to get in to college using the same metrics anyone else has to meet to get into college.
You're putting words in mouth.

What Ive said is that there are much bigger problems in the world than this, and it's a damned shame that pols like DeSantis spend time on it rather than actual, real world societal problems.

What Ive said is that there are much bigger problems in the world than this, and it's a damned shame that pols like DeSantis spend time on it rather than actual, real world societal problems.
There once were bigger problems in the world than not being able to sit at the front of the bus

I agree, lots of problems! But I keep being told they can do more than 1, 10, 100 things at once!
I keep seeing gun threads where people are blaming a tool for deaths, but they don't one time criticize cars, or alcohol, or pools. And they most assuredly don't look at the highest group of gun related deaths (black men)

another fail and i called it perfectly LMAO
Not sure you know the meaning of some of the words you like to use. Directly refuting you, with citation, is not me failing lol. Males have a biological advantage over females. Thats not debatable.
🍿
I have no interest in addressing your strawmen. I have and will continue pointing out, that trans females are not females, they are males, and males have a proven biological advantage over females in strength, size and endurance.

There aren’t a thousand trans athletes. There never will be.

It is a moral panic.

The legislation that was vetoed by Gov Cox was the banning of trans kids from high school sports.

Looking into the issue, and realizing that the suicide rate of trans kids is high, banning them from participation in an activity that gives them community and purpose was a harsh measure given that there were a total of four out of 70,000 kids that are trans athletes in his state and only one of them is trans female.

Now if the opposition to trans athletes were to be offering a solution to the outrage other than outright banning and shitting on trans kids for votes… then sure let’s talk.

But all I see is the age old trope of protecting the women from predatory men story that plays very well in certain circles.
There is a lot more at stake here and I think you know that. Scholarships are on the line. For many kids, these sports are the only shot they have at college and escaping a cycle of poverty. And you want to deny them that because some guy who is mediocre at best when competing against his own biological equals throws on a pair of hoops and wants to be called Lia? That’s just an atrocity against sportsmanship.

Back
Top Bottom