• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

death penality and abortion

Arch Enemy said:
Abortion... A really sketchy topic.. I feel that Abortion should be banned in some aspects. If the rape was because the chick was some slut who happened to provoke a bunch of drugged up gangsters, then defiantly deny her the right. If it was an ordinary woman and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, then yes let her an abortion.

A rape is a rape is a rape. No person should be put through that no matter what kind of life they lead. And no person should be forced to carry a fetus to term based on the circumstances of their rape.

Arch Enemy said:
I am in high-school and I know a few girls whom are very slutty and have had multiple abortions.. I feel those girls deserved the life they have laid before themselves and should start taking responsibility and have to keep the child.
I knew some girls like that too. Not women, but girls. People who definitely have no business getting pregnant much less having sex. People who definitely don't know responsibility of taking care of a child much less themselves. I'd rather not have a girl be forced into learning responsibility by raising another child. Should these girls be allowed to keep having abortions? That's a tough call. Should we just temporarily sterilize the girls until they are of age? I don't know. All I know is that any way we look at this problem with abortion as the end result, we don't have a winner.

shuamort said:
A rape is a rape is a rape. No person should be put through that no matter what kind of life they lead. And no person should be forced to carry a fetus to term based on the circumstances of their rape.

I knew some girls like that too. Not women, but girls. People who definitely have no business getting pregnant much less having sex. People who definitely don't know responsibility of taking care of a child much less themselves. I'd rather not have a girl be forced into learning responsibility by raising another child. Should these girls be allowed to keep having abortions? That's a tough call. Should we just temporarily sterilize the girls until they are of age? I don't know. All I know is that any way we look at this problem with abortion as the end result, we don't have a winner.

Very good post. :applaud

Arch Enemy said:
If the rape was because the chick was some slut who happened to provoke a bunch of drugged up gangsters, then defiantly deny her the right. If it was an ordinary woman and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, then yes let her an abortion. I am in high-school and I know a few girls whom are very slutty and have had multiple abortions.. I feel those girls deserved the life they have laid before themselves and should start taking responsibility and have to keep the child.

I do not believe that you intended your post to sound the way it did? How come you think women are sluts but the men they sleep with aren't? To me, that is a double standard. People are people, men and women are equal.

Plus, rape, under any circumstances is a crime, a violent crime, probably second to murder. To suggest that a woman had it coming to her is really, really awful, and IMHO very wrong.

Do you realize that your post condones rape? You wrote that if a woman is sexually permissive then anyone can rape her? Your logic, based on what you wrote does not make sense to me. If a woman is permissive with someone but then asks him to stop, she has no right to do so, she's forfeited the right to change her mind?

I read that you're in HS and young. I hope that you will take some time and reconsider what you wrote, as it is, again, IMHO, a terrible thing to write.

Finally, you wrote about someone in your school who had several abortions and should now be forced to 'keep the child' if impregnated again. In the USA that would be 100% unconstitutional. Plus, you again have factored the male out of the equation. It takes two to make a baby, always. People make sexual mistakes all the time, every day, and that will never, ever change. For anyone in society to make someone 'keep the child' is not the way America works. No one likes abortion, and if it is not for you then you have every right to exercise your freedom of choice. However, no one has the right to tell a woman what she can do about her own body, no matter what the circumstances.

I also feel that what you actually believe and what you wrote are not the same, that somehow you became confused by the seriousness of the subject matter.

Keep thinking and keep posting!

Which is why I said it is a sketchy topic.

Does it say anywhere in the constitution that "Women shall have the supreme right to have abortions whenever they feel please" ? I guess it could be against her freedoms but it is also a form of murder, she is killing this babe. Yes, now that I read my first statement I was a little miss thinking.. I guess I meant what if the Women was the one whom rapped a male.

It's not a thing whether these girls should have the right.. It's more of the responsibility of the girls. If they have the intentions of doing these deeds not once but many times then they know their actions what what the end results are.

Arch Enemy said:
Which is why I said it is a sketchy topic.

Does it say anywhere in the constitution that "Women shall have the supreme right to have abortions whenever they feel please" ? I guess it could be against her freedoms but it is also a form of murder, she is killing this babe. Yes, now that I read my first statement I was a little miss thinking.. I guess I meant what if the Women was the one whom rapped a male.

It's not a thing whether these girls should have the right.. It's more of the responsibility of the girls. If they have the intentions of doing these deeds not once but many times then they know their actions what what the end results are.
As for "Does it say anywhere in the constitution that "Women shall have the supreme right to have abortions whenever they feel please"", I'd like to point out that the Supreme court deemed abortion legal, and if a court making a law is wrong, then perhaps we should go ahead and make schools segregated again. Until you on the right can change the Supreme court's mind, you can scream murder all you want, but abortion is legal.

anomaly said:
As for "Does it say anywhere in the constitution that "Women shall have the supreme right to have abortions whenever they feel please"", I'd like to point out that the Supreme court deemed abortion legal, and if a court making a law is wrong, then perhaps we should go ahead and make schools segregated again. Until you on the right can change the Supreme court's mind, you can scream murder all you want, but abortion is legal.
As one who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the disadvantaged, can there be any who are more disadvantaged than those nearly fifty million victims of abortion in the US since Roe v. Wade?

anomaly said:
Until you on the right can change the Supreme court's mind, you can scream murder all you want, but abortion is legal.

DO you realize what you're saying?

"Until two peoples minds change, you will not be able to stop the slaughter of another 30 million infants."

Two people.

RightatNYU said:
DO you realize what you're saying?

"Until two peoples minds change, you will not be able to stop the slaughter of another 30 million infants."

Two people.

You idiot NYU - before you accuse me of killing 121 million !

one person

Fried Rice is strong...but not that strong

Fantasea said:
As one who is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the disadvantaged, can there be any who are more disadvantaged than those nearly fifty million victims of abortion in the US since Roe v. Wade?

Abortion has no "victims" since the fetus is not yet a human being.
Or are you referring to the people who were murdered in the abortion clinics that got bombed by religious nutters?

Arch Enemy said:
Abortion... A really sketchy topic.. I feel that Abortion should be banned in some aspects. If the rape was because the chick was some slut who happened to provoke a bunch of drugged up gangsters, then defiantly deny her the right. If it was an ordinary woman and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, then yes let her an abortion. I am in high-school and I know a few girls whom are very slutty and have had multiple abortions.. I feel those girls deserved the life they have laid before themselves and should start taking responsibility and have to keep the child.

A pathetic woman hater, for all the world to see.

These men are usually inadequate, socially and sexually, frightened of real women who know what they want and go out and get it, hence they resort to words like "slut" and they condone rape. Hypocrite. How do you define slut? Somebody who gets more sex than you? What do you look for in a woman? Somebody who can iron your shirts and have your lunchbox ready in the morning, and be available for sex whenever YOU want, but she must never show a desire for it herself because that's "slutty"?

I pity any woman who has the misfortune to cross your path. You say you are still in high school. You have alot to learn before they let you loose in the big wide world sonny. Please stick to masturbation. You're too dangerous to let near any poor female (or male for that matter).

Urethra, I sense that the word "slut" hits a raw nerve!

Naughty Nurse said:
Urethra, I sense that the word "slut" hits a raw nerve!

You should know, having a cat flap for a rectum!

I'm the first person to use the word slut in reference to myself - as a joke. But when it's used as above it's nasty. I would never call you queer, it's a nasty word, but I understand it can be humourous when used by gays in self-parody. It's all about intention and whether any bad feeling is intended. Our friend above uses it to describe women he doesn't respect; he hides behind the word because he can't cope with the idea of females being sexually active and loving it.

I don't buy into the idea of promiscuity. What's promiscuous? Two partners?Ten? People only use the word to describe people who've had more partners than themselves. It's a stupid, useless, judgemental term.

Me? I've slept with all the men I've fancied, and a couple of women a long the way. I don't need to justify it. How about you?

Urethra Franklin said:
You should know, having a cat flap for a rectum!
Is statements like this necessary? Perhaps I just do not understand the point (if you have one) you are trying to make about this topic.

Back on topic:

Abortion has no "victims" since the fetus is not yet a human being.

YES abortion does indeed have victims - The mother, the unborn child and possibly her subsequent children. The mother both physically and emotionally. The child by death. There has been evidence links children born after a previous abortion to MS because of low birth rates.

vauge said:
Is statements like this necessary? .

vauge baby, trade in your bigotry for a sense of humour.
Naughty Nurse is teasingly suggesting I'm upset by the word slut because I am one. It's a joke, and I'm not offended. I am teasingly joking back about the volume of traffic he may or may not have had passing through his rear end. It's a joke, and if he's offended he doesn't need you to stick up for him - he's an intelligent, articulate guy who can speak up for himself. Is it the reference to anal sex that phases you? I shouldn't really be surprised, coming from the anti gay marriage but I don't hate anyone (yeah right) guy.

vauge said:
YES abortion does indeed have victims - The mother, the unborn child and possibly her subsequent children. The mother both physically and emotionally. The child by death. There has been evidence links children born after a previous abortion to MS because of low birth rates.

Victim is a strong word; and in this case you're being a drama queen (sorry, king, since that could be an inference that you might be gay and I know you'd hate to be associated with THAT). Abortion is a legal option to an unwanted pregnancy. The only "victims" are those who have to face the chants and screams of religious nutcases at the doors of the clinic, at a time in their lives when they are emotionally vulnerable, having made a very difficult choice.

Urethra Franklin said:
Victim is a strong word; and in this case you're being a drama queen (sorry, king, since that could be an inference that you might be gay and I know you'd hate to be associated with THAT). Abortion is a legal option to an unwanted pregnancy. The only "victims" are those who have to face the chants and screams of religious nutcases at the doors of the clinic, at a time in their lives when they are emotionally vulnerable, having made a very difficult choice.

Right on, girlfriend.

And yes, my bedroom used to have a turn-style for a door. Never shagged a woman, though!

Hate is equally a strong word - I do my best not to hate anyone. Because I try to be strong in my convictions, how does that make me a hateful person? I do not judge you for your choices. Somehow, I am being judged for mine.

The only "victims" are those who have to face the chants and screams of religious nutcases at the doors of the clinic, at a time in their lives when they are emotionally vulnerable, having made a very difficult choice.

Your right. This is not the way to go if one wants abortion overturned. It is bad on the women and bad on society. It is very legal - but it is still wrong my in my book. The woman/girl that walks into an abortion clinic is indeed a victim, unless they give adequate counseling before the procedure. Which I am not convinced this is the case. Again, what about the children that have been born after an abortion that have MS? Did you know some links to suggest possible breast cancer after having abortions as well? (not enough evidence to fully support this claim - but there seems to be a link)

What happens if that evidence matures and there is indeed a full link between abortion and breast cancer? Would she not be a victim then?

vauge said:
I do not judge you for your choices. Somehow, I am being judged for mine.

Perhaps not, Vauge, but you judge people for things over which they have no choise, such as their sexuality. Claiming that it isn't a choice doesn't make it OK.

vauge said:
Hate is equally a strong word - I do my best not to hate anyone. Because I try to be strong in my convictions, how does that make me a hateful person? I do not judge you for your choices. Somehow, I am being judged for mine.

Vauge, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you displayed distinct hatred in your condemnation of gay marriage, and you can't now whinge that you're being judged for that. We're all judged by what we post here since we don't know each other and have only our posts to go on.

vauge said:
What happens if that evidence matures and there is indeed a full link between abortion and breast cancer? Would she not be a victim then?

No more so than I'm a victim of coffee if I die of pancreas cancer.

I'm happy to see my favorite "slut" back in action, disemboweling our new young protege Arch Enemy. This poor boy seems to have lacked proper guidance from a father figure who would have taught him to respect and adore women. He is anti-abortion, probabily goes to church everyweek (hypocrit in training) sitting next to his Mommy while a boiling caldron of contempt. On top of it he probabily follows the "Bush Doctrine" written for the Texas macho man, to hit on the little phillys (aka school sluts) to show his equally inadequate friends that he is indeed... a man. After showing his distain for this sub-human, he feels that she should suffer for her sins and have the baby, starting the ignorant cycle all over again. This way when he gets older and knocks up some other unsuspecting girl and has a son... he can hit on the daughter of the slut! Life is good in Dumbfu*kistan!

Do you know what they call kids like this in Texas?... a good Christian boy!

Fried Rice said:
You idiot NYU - before you accuse me of killing 121 million !

one person

Fried Rice is strong...but not that strong

?

I'm confused. I'm referring to the fact that it is widely assumed that the current court would vote 6-3 in favor of Roe v Wade, so two peoples minds must change in order to reverse it.

Urethra Franklin said:
vauge baby, trade in your bigotry for a sense of humour.
Naughty Nurse is teasingly suggesting I'm upset by the word slut because I am one. It's a joke, and I'm not offended. I am teasingly joking back about the volume of traffic he may or may not have had passing through his rear end. It's a joke, and if he's offended he doesn't need you to stick up for him - he's an intelligent, articulate guy who can speak up for himself. Is it the reference to anal sex that phases you? I shouldn't really be surprised, coming from the anti gay marriage but I don't hate anyone (yeah right) guy.

"America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts--a child--as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. - Mother Teresa

RightatNYU said:
"America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts--a child--as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. - Mother Teresa

You have just quoted a glory seeking, money grabbing woman who didn't care what dirty money she got her hands on to glorify her own name. Most people aren't fooled by the Mother Teresa myth.

Urethra Franklin said:
You have just quoted a glory seeking, money grabbing woman who didn't care what dirty money she got her hands on to glorify her own name. Most people aren't fooled by the Mother Teresa myth.

That's a bullshit claim, backed by those who will always criticize those who do not agree with one of their pet causes.

You want a fraud, look at Martin Luther King.

Okay, now, from the perspective of someone who has been in the situation. A few years ago my girlfriend and I got pregnant. She decided she was too young for the child and that it would be a dissapointment to her family and others if they knew she had a baby outside of marriage. I wanted the baby to live, simply for the fact that I thought it was not responsible for our actions, and certainly didn't deserve to die for them. I did not however contest this to her, as I knew she had to make a decision and didn't want her to live a life of guilt for her decision. It's been three years now. Though we are no longer together, she expressed to me a while back that she regrets not having the child. That it was not the child's fault and if she had not felt the pressure of society and her mother that she would have kept it. Yes, you can argue that a fetus is not a living person. But there is an incredibly odd tendency for scientists to argue that other such objects with the same genetic maturity as an embryo (such as a sponge or an earth worm) is a living organism. However a human is not "living" until it exits outside of the mother. And you can claim what you want about Mother Theresea. She could be the biggest slut that ever walked the face of the earth for all I know. But she is correct in saying that abortion does pit mothers against their children. Reasons for abortion range from inconvinience, to fear, to cover-up. It is not fair that an embryo be killed based on the fact that the mother just isnt' ready to deal with it. There are alternative options, such as adoption and abstinance. If you're not ready to deal with a child, do not participate in the act of reproduction, it's as simple as that. Furthermore, I have no respect for a mother that is so selfish that she feels it bettter to kill a child than to offer it to a family that cannot have children and wants them. You are granted a gift, an ability to create something that is yours, that you are meant to love and care for and appreciate, and yet some who are pregnant cannot look past their own reputation or comfort zone. Now, does this mean all abortions should be illegal? NO. I know there are cases of rape and cases where the mother's health is in question. But in polls taken regarding the causes behind abortion, this makes up less than one percent of the cases of abortion. Less than one percent of the cases of abortion are actually true to the arguments of the pro-choice campaign. If we are to allow abortions to take place, it is absolute necessity that there be a process of deliberation in the decision of it. Because the killing of an embryo solely based on the argument of "I don't want one today" just isn't good enough. It is unfortunate that people are so incredibly irresponsible with this technology we have. But unfortunately sometimes some have to make sacrifices on the account of others who are irresponsible. And it is unfair for a woman who has been raped to have to go through a sort of trial. But it is even more unfair that so many children die simply to save the few women this applies to to go through grief of rememberence. But the ones to blame are not those who want to save the lives of the babies, but the ones who are taking advantage of the technology for their own selfish and irresponsible motives.

Back
Top Bottom