• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

death penality and abortion

skabanger13

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Ok I got a question for the dems and libs out ther, hear I go. Your agenst the death penality , for the most part. Yet your for abortion, the murder of inocence. Now does this make any sence. :screwy

The death penalty is wrong for many reasons, not least of which is that no justice system is perfect. Many innocent people have been wrongly convicted of crimes they did not commit. Once you invoke the death penalty you cannot reverse it.

IMHO a foetus is NOT a person. I think abortion is a matter for the people concerned and not my business.

I've got a question for the cons and republicans. You say you want to promote a culture of life and support not funding stem cell research that could alleviate the suffering of millions of persons, yet you have no problem with strapping a person in a metal chair and electrocuting him. Now how does this make sense? :thinking

Republicans want live babys so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. And why is it when it's us it's an abortion and when it's a chicken it's an omelet?

MeChMAN said:
Republicans want live babys so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. And why is it when it's us it's an abortion and when it's a chicken it's an omelet?

Excellent point. Sometimes I feel right-wingers respect for human life doesn't extend beyond the womb.

Blue Hobgoblin said:
Excellent point. Sometimes I feel right-wingers respect for human life doesn't extend beyond the womb.

Tru dat republicans will do anything for the unborn but once your born your on your own. If you're pre-born you're fine if you're preschooled you're f***ed. I think once these anti-abortion people have raised a baby with no father and working for minimum wage then I will be interested in what they have to say about abortion.

I thank abortion is fine under cirten cirmstances ie rape. But in our socity today people use it as a form of birth control like thay would use birth control pills or a condom. The fact is it is a living human being at the moment of conception.Steam cell resarch ok its a very good thang, you can uptain fetasus through the abortions from rape cases and misscareages, but also it is posiable to use adult stem cells, you dont have to murder the inocent to get them .
the death penality i belive should be inacted if it can be proven beoynd a shadow of a dought. If your convicted and ther is no dought you did it you should be put to death whithin 2 months, no siting on death row for 50 years .
I have 2 children when my first was borne i was working minimum wage and my wife dident do any thang to help out. I came home from working long hours over night wile my son was sleeping and he would wake up shortley after i got home and i would take care of him wile his mom slept intell he went to bed and i would be luckey to get 4 hours sleep beffor i had to do it agen. I would not have wished him aborted and throughen in the trash , i would not have been able to live whith my self , and yes it was heard but i have 2 butiful boys as diffrent from each other as can be and the reward for my seceriface is great. also ther are other alternatives to abortion its caled adoption, but if you wated till than you would have to acnolidge it was a human being.
Also i was in the Army and am going back to support my country in a month are two ill be back in. Ther is nothing wroning whith being a soldier its the nobelist job ther is. I have many friends in Iraq or that have been ther, pretty much all of us belive wher doing a good thang and wouldent change. We know what we signed up for and we know what is asked of us and we do it for the rights and freedoms of other americans, so my children can grow up free, so you can say and belive what you want. Some people hate us wher soldiers we just do what wher told, and we stand up for the rights of people to hate us, it dosent mean its right. We stand up for the rights of people to burn the flage, we solut every morning, in protest. If it wasent for the soldier, the Army, we would still be part of englind and insted of complaning about bush you would be complaning about the queen.
In closing i would just like to say some of you will be compiled to bring attention to the fact i cant spell and my gramar is bad or im ranting, dont bother i allredy know, but infact you will be doing it just to take away from the argument. so drop it. :hm to my brother and sisters in the millatery i salout you.

skabanger13 why should people care about you spelling and grammer as long as i can understand it, what difference does it make. as for being a soldier, good for you, nothing wrong with that. i may disagree with the political leaders but that should not be taken out on the military like it was by many after Vietnam. they are there to do a job and by and large they do it to the best of there abilities.

i agree abortion should not be a form of birth control. but should be an option open to those that choose that it is there only option. the use of stem cell research is very important to curing illnesses, as for obtaining them from adults, I'm not 100% that this is possible for the type of research the scientists undertake.

i do not agree with the death penalty, an eye for an eye for me means that we lower ourselves to the actions of the criminals. can we honestly be sure that we always convict the right person. even with DNA this is not always true. certainly people have been incorrectly put to death in the past. life in jail to me sometimes seems a worse punishment that death.

and just for future reference to everyone, i am not a fan of the queen of england, but please dont confuse her with having any political power. she is a figure head. her influence in anything is 0. tony Blair for better or worse is the leader of the UK. so if the colonies of America were still under UK rule, you would be complaining to Parliament not to any royalty. you should also thank the French for America's independence as well!
PS i aint French (not that i dislike French people)

its just i cant seam to type a single word or try to say somthing whith out some one comeing out and complaning about my spelling , our trying to say im stuped, when infact i am very inteligent i just cant spell. im just better at speaking than i am at typing, and since i cant speak on line they will just have to put up whith my bad gramer and spelling.
About the stem cell the areas ther useing fetus stem cells in, IE to help the parelized mobility etc. Ther is a case wher thay have halped a women who couldent walk get some of her mobilty back and she is now walking whith the assistence of a cain and thay did use adult stem cells in that case. but also thay can get stem cells from the imbelical cord after birth.
Another question i would like to ask, if ther is any one wiling to anser it, how many people out ther belive it is wrong or crule to kill animals Ie fish, cows , pigs ETC to eat and for clothing but feal abortion is all right.

there are differences in stem cells. fetal stem cells are the most versatile and can be used to grow into any organ, stem cells from the umbilical cord are less versatile though more research needs to be done on them. adult stem cells can only be used effectively on the donor. this means that for most medical procedures we need the Embryonic stem cells.

Blue Hobgoblin said:
I've got a question for the cons and republicans. You say you want to promote a culture of life and support not funding stem cell research that could alleviate the suffering of millions of persons, yet you have no problem with strapping a person in a metal chair and electrocuting him. Now how does this make sense? :thinking

Got him by the balls on that one :p hehehehe :rofl

globalvision said:
there are differences in stem cells. fetal stem cells are the most versatile and can be used to grow into any organ, stem cells from the umbilical cord are less versatile though more research needs to be done on them. adult stem cells can only be used effectively on the donor. this means that for most medical procedures we need the Embryonic stem cells.
I don't see the problem. Any US pharmaceutical manufacturer or research labratory is completely free to do unrestricted stem cell research and to reap the economical benefits which may flow therefrom.

Isn't this correct?

skabanger13 said:
its just i cant seam to type a single word or try to say somthing whith out some one comeing out and complaning about my spelling , our trying to say im stuped, when infact i am very inteligent i just cant spell. im just better at speaking than i am at typing, and since i cant speak on line they will just have to put up whith my bad gramer and spelling.
About the stem cell the areas ther useing fetus stem cells in, IE to help the parelized mobility etc. Ther is a case wher thay have halped a women who couldent walk get some of her mobilty back and she is now walking whith the assistence of a cain and thay did use adult stem cells in that case. but also thay can get stem cells from the imbelical cord after birth.
Another question i would like to ask, if ther is any one wiling to anser it, how many people out ther belive it is wrong or crule to kill animals Ie fish, cows , pigs ETC to eat and for clothing but feal abortion is all right.
The solution is simple. Press the "Spell Check" button at the bottom of the screen, alongside the "Preview Post" button.

Try it. You'll like it. And so will the readers.

I am so lost when it comes to abortion. :confused: However, the death penalty is probably the worst thing that someone can do. Even if someone killed my father, he or she doesn't deserve to die unless God ends her or his life. Abortion is a very tough topic. If you got raped, i think you should get one. First thing you got raped, and now you have to carry a baby and raise it for the rest of your life....that is wrong. Also if it is before three months, i think it is OK to abort. The reason why is because the baby hasn't really even formed yet. The womb is ready and all...but the baby's soul isn't there. If it is after that time period....then that is wrong. The baby is living....it breathes the air you breathe and eats the food you eat. Without those it cannot survive. It is just like you. When you find out what the baby is (boy or girl) you cannot just abort because u didn't want that....(my mom friend did that because she had 6 girls and found out the one coming in 2 months was too. So she aborted the baby by overdosing medication. I couldn't look at her for years. I looked at her like a criminal. That is just plain sexism. So by the rules I stated, i think abortion is OK if it is before 3 months, but after, don't even think about it. You have to understand this thing has a soul. You should take responsibility for your action. If you got raped, don't think about keeping the baby...you have suffered enough and raising a baby that was forced to be conceived is so wrong. I hope people out there are making the right choices

Dark Gypsy Curse said:
I am so lost when it comes to abortion. :confused: However, the death penalty is probably the worst thing that someone can do. Even if someone killed my father, he or she doesn't deserve to die unless God ends her or his life. Abortion is a very tough topic. If you got raped, i think you should get one. First thing you got raped, and now you have to carry a baby and raise it for the rest of your life....that is wrong. Also if it is before three months, i think it is OK to abort. The reason why is because the baby hasn't really even formed yet. The womb is ready and all...but the baby's soul isn't there. If it is after that time period....then that is wrong. The baby is living....it breathes the air you breathe and eats the food you eat. Without those it cannot survive. It is just like you. When you find out what the baby is (boy or girl) you cannot just abort because u didn't want that....(my mom friend did that because she had 6 girls and found out the one coming in 2 months was too. So she aborted the baby by overdosing medication. I couldn't look at her for years. I looked at her like a criminal. That is just plain sexism. So by the rules I stated, i think abortion is OK if it is before 3 months, but after, don't even think about it. You have to understand this thing has a soul. You should take responsibility for your action. If you got raped, don't think about keeping the baby...you have suffered enough and raising a baby that was forced to be conceived is so wrong. I hope people out there are making the right choices

So you claim "this thing has a soul," but only after 3 months? :rolleyes:

But the death penalty is the worst thing you can do. So, you would balance the 30,000,000 babies that have been killed in abortions in the US in the past 30 years alongside the few hundred convicted mass murderers, rapists, and terrorists who have been executed?

I don't see the connection.

RightatNYU said:
So you claim "this thing has a soul," but only after 3 months? :rolleyes:

But the death penalty is the worst thing you can do. So, you would balance the 30,000,000 babies that have been killed in abortions in the US in the past 30 years alongside the few hundred convicted mass murderers, rapists, and terrorists who have been executed?

I don't see the connection.

haha, ok let me explain....I belive before three months the baby doesnt have a soul. This is belived in many relgions....I think after the three months that it is very wrong. But if you got raped, do u belive in rasing that child? IT WAS FORCED IN YOU pretty much. I told you in the beginning i was confused about it...and this what i believe. Abortion is wrong. There are some exceptions. I clearly stated them. Any questions?

Dark Gypsy Curse said:
haha, ok let me explain....I belive before three months the baby doesnt have a soul. This is belived in many relgions....I think after the three months that it is very wrong. But if you got raped, do u belive in rasing that child? IT WAS FORCED IN YOU pretty much. I told you in the beginning i was confused about it...and this what i believe. Abortion is wrong. There are some exceptions. I clearly stated them. Any questions?

Yes, I have just one question.

Can you show me the appropriate verse in either the Bible, the Talmut, or the Quran where it says that a child doesn't have a soul until 3 months?

Was it something like "And thy child shall have no spirit of the lord until 3 moons may pass, before that he is naught but a collection of cells?"

RightatNYU said:
Yes, I have just one question.

Can you show me the appropriate verse in either the Bible, the Talmut, or the Quran where it says that a child doesn't have a soul until 3 months?

Was it something like "And thy child shall have no spirit of the lord until 3 moons may pass, before that he is naught but a collection of cells?"

ok, well i go to a catholic school, and this issue came up. the preist said what i said. There you go. Argue with the preist. lol.

Dark Gypsy Curse said:
ok, well i go to a catholic school, and this issue came up. the preist said what i said. There you go. Argue with the preist. lol.

That's really, really disturbing.

Dark Gypsy Curse said:
Go ahead and expalin why you think that......

It's disturbing that a Catholic priest would be teaching his students something that the Bible refutes.

If I were an Orthodox Rabbi, I wouldn't be teaching my students to eat pork.

I will make sure to tell him that. I also wanted to add that I am not Catholic, but I do agree with this 3 month thing.

Dark Gypsy Curse said:
I think that there must have been a misunderstanding. Perhaps when you are in next in school you may wish to raise the question with one of your teachers.

wow I am confused.. You got to a Catholic school yet you're not Catholic.

Again, NYU is correct.. the Bible doesn't mention anything about 3 months, days etc for the creation of a soul in a child. If it did mention "3" it doesn't really mean 3.. most of the time in the bible.. they used 3 to signify longer periods of time.. so I doubt this equation is in the bible "Age > 3 = Soul". Plus they had little idea about the whole cell or fetus thing. Plus, Catholic Priests aren't always a reliable source.. they do tend to abuse alter boys (no offense to anyone)

For me I believe the Death Penalty is wrong.. As before said many a-times people have been wrongfully put to death.. It is a hard to keep racism and discrimination out of American Judicial System who are the ones who make this decision. Also the fear of death won't stop a mass murderer they've already have committed themselves to a life of chaos and death, usually death is what they want.

Abortion... A really sketchy topic.. I feel that Abortion should be banned in some aspects. If the rape was because the chick was some slut who happened to provoke a bunch of drugged up gangsters, then defiantly deny her the right. If it was an ordinary woman and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, then yes let her an abortion. I am in high-school and I know a few girls whom are very slutty and have had multiple abortions.. I feel those girls deserved the life they have laid before themselves and should start taking responsibility and have to keep the child.

Arch Enemy said:
wow I am confused.. You got to a Catholic school yet you're not Catholic.

Again, NYU is correct.. the Bible doesn't mention anything about 3 months, days etc for the creation of a soul in a child. If it did mention "3" it doesn't really mean 3.. most of the time in the bible.. they used 3 to signify longer periods of time.. so I doubt this equation is in the bible "Age > 3 = Soul". Plus they had little idea about the whole cell or fetus thing. Plus, Catholic Priests aren't always a reliable source.. they do tend to abuse alter boys (no offense to anyone)

For me I believe the Death Penalty is wrong.. As before said many a-times people have been wrongfully put to death.. It is a hard to keep racism and discrimination out of American Judicial System who are the ones who make this decision. Also the fear of death won't stop a mass murderer they've already have committed themselves to a life of chaos and death, usually death is what they want.

Abortion... A really sketchy topic.. I feel that Abortion should be banned in some aspects. If the rape was because the chick was some slut who happened to provoke a bunch of drugged up gangsters, then defiantly deny her the right. If it was an ordinary woman and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, then yes let her an abortion. I am in high-school and I know a few girls whom are very slutty and have had multiple abortions.. I feel those girls deserved the life they have laid before themselves and should start taking responsibility and have to keep the child.

OK, i don't find it confusing if you go to a catholic school and you aren't one...and i don't know why you do. its an open school, but its a catholic one.You dont have to be catholic to go there, they just teach Catholic study during religion time. Most of them that go there are Protestant, Episcopalian, Muslims, and Atheists. The "Church" part is Catholic and it is better than most schools around. (that is just my opinion) You made a great point about the Abortion part about being raped...and that is what I agree with you on. I also agree with you on the death penalty. What i don't agree is about the Priest thing. Not ALL priests abuse boys...that is what I call being brainwashed by the Media. Some priests have done that, but doesn't mean all of them will do that or have done it. Want an example? Take 9/11. A bunch of extremist Muslims did it. It gave all Muslims bad names. They aren't all terrorists which proves my point of the Priest issue. I am starting to agree with you more about this topic...but i hope you have changed your interpretation on Priests just a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom