• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)[W:202]

reports are juror b29 (hispanic woman 20-30) does not make eye contact with the prosecutor

Possible? It's possible

Why use that word? It creates doubt

State has to prove not create more doubt

the coordinator already testified that she offered the position to him
zimmerman declined it

because he knew based on his legal history he would be denied...so he just went it did it on is own anyway.

What's all this, "We have to assume this," or "We have to assume that?"

That's a strange line for the prosecution to be taking don't you think?

So the jury has 2nd degree murder and manslaughter, right?

SCARY the state would resort to "reverse psychology" in order to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt.

The evidence isn't proving beyond a reasonable doubt, so they're appealing to the confusion and emotion of a mostly female jury. They want a conviction on the outrage and GZ culpability in the confrontation. They definitely thought this out because it's their "hail mary" in a losing game.

BDLR asking possible questions to the jury?? "where was the defendant's hands?" "was there a struggle for the gun at that point?" All questions of DOUBT, not proof.

Good catch!

Wouldn't you think the prosectution would say something like" ...as the evidence showed, his hands were ....."

But I guess that means they aren't confident in what the evdience showed.

Because the qualifications for that citizens "official patrol" included a background check which Zimm wouldn't pass due to his history.

What history? It was stated he couldn't be a cop because of his credit history..........what does that have to do with citizens official patrol?

At least it was publicly established that I was right about the timeline and the NEN call.

So the jury has 2nd degree murder and manslaughter, right?

Yes these are the only two charges available, plus self defense has to be ruled out before manslaughter can be considered because self defense precludes a charge of manslaughter.

Yes these are the only two charges available, plus self defense has to be ruled out before manslaughter can be considered because self defense precludes a charge of manslaughter.

Ooooooh. Is that in the instructions?

What's all this, "We have to assume this," or "We have to assume that?"

That's a strange line for the prosecution to be taking don't you think?

Exactly. Tells you he doesn't think the evidence is in his favor.

Ooooooh. Is that in the instructions?

It should be. In Florida law, the definitions of murder and manslaughter reference the same section defining self-defense.

Wait...Bernie is saying that Zimmerman planned to kill Trayvon because he knew the cameras weren't working that day and he could get away with it?

He (GZ) knew there was NO witness who would offer video?????????? Is he claiming GZ is psychic??????

I guess I'm from the "old school" but if my intention, as BDLR is suggesting, is to shoot this young man, I'm NOT going to undergo a beating prior to shooting.

Bernie, these women aren't stupid. They know that when you're in a fight, your hands don't stay in the same place all the time. He's insulting their intelligence with his sarcasm.

Doesn't have to SEE it, he's mounted GZ, TM felt it with his leg.

Bernie inserts "maybe"...lol

prosecutor sees the only crime by martin as possession of skittles
what a dumb ass
in front of national media

I think that manslaughter can exist even with self-defense because it encompasses negligence, but I may be wrong there.

Back
Top Bottom