• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as veep.

I tend not to join in dumping on anyone…even someone I dislike as much as I dislike Ted Cruz…so I am searching for a reason to be kind to him…and show a modicum of respect for this decision.

So far…NOTHING.

I will find something.

I’ll get back to youse on it.

Thanks everyone for your comments, thought, and information contributions.

This certainly is not a primary season any of us are going to forget!

The NY Times is reporting that Ted Cruz, in an effort to bolster his primary campaign, has chosen Fiorina as his running mate.

Holy Moley.

He is willing to acknowledge things are that bad for him.

I would call it precedent setting desperation. I don't know if a candidate ever announced a running mate in the primaries before this. I doubt very much Carly will be able to deliver many votes, I suspect this has more to do with fund raising.

On a related note, I'm announcing that I intend to date several Victoria's Secret models. At the same time. If my wife will let me.

You so wish you were Trump don't you? :mrgreen:

For Fiorina the appeal is obvious....now she gets to give a speech in Cleveland.

It will be largely ignored of course but it is something.

No she won't because Cruz isn't going to get the nomination.

I tend not to join in dumping on anyone…even someone I dislike as much as I dislike Ted Cruz…so I am searching for a reason to be kind to him…and show a modicum of respect for this decision.

So far…NOTHING.

I will find something.

I’ll get back to youse on it.

Thanks everyone for your comments, thought, and information contributions.

This certainly is not a primary season any of us are going to forget!
Feeling a little passive-aggressive there, Frank? :mrgreen:

Actually, now that you mention it, could this be Cruz' way of throwing in the towel without actually quitting? Like he knows it's over but he wants to make it look like he went down fighting?

Maybe. I don't see how he thought it was the move that would let him break through.

Could be, could also be why he tanked his chances in Indiana last night as well.

Twitter lets Ted Cruz know his latest gaffe probably just lost him the state of Indiana - Salon.com

Trump will have more than the required 1237.

Maybe this is the why. Maybe this crafty jerk saw his latest scheme was a flop, and decided to join what he couldn't beat.

Though obviously speculation, I'd be zero shocked to find out he cut a deal to throw the fight to Trump for prizes to be named later, or that he folded in the face of additional damaging revelations from Trump in the vein of his women on the side.

Feeling a little passive-aggressive there, Frank? :mrgreen:

I guess!

But I am willing to take suggestions to put this in as decent a perspective as possible.

You got any?

And "He didn't choose Sarah Palin" does not count.

It was a desperation move by Cruz. He has accomplished one thing....he has people talking about him....which is one benefit...otherwise he would be floundering in oblivion after finishing in last place in 4 of the 5 contests last night.

You so wish you were Trump don't you? :mrgreen:

I do like his taste in wives - all three of them. Although the first two now look a little the worse for wear.

It was a desperation move by Cruz. He has accomplished one thing....he has people talking about him....which is one benefit...otherwise he would be floundering in oblivion after finishing in last place in 4 of the 5 contests last night.

Yeah, and it takes some of the focus off his huge blunder in Indiana last night.

I guess!

But I am willing to take suggestions to put this in as decent a perspective as possible.

You got any?

And "He didn't choose Sarah Palin" does not count.
Nope; my opinion of Ms. Fiorina is fairly assertive! ;)

EVERYONE: Take a long, hard look at this move.
One does not often get an opportunity to see desperation on this level.

Anyway…I doubt Cruz will be the nominee of the Republican Party…and Carly Fiorina is a loser.

Bad move for Cruz; bad move for Fiorina; bad move impact on the Republican Party…

…ahhh, the silver lining: Hillary must be ecstatic.

Fiorina lost me with her prehistoric position on cannabis reform. Her brother died of a drug overdose, obviously not cannabis as that is impossible, all the same she lumps all drugs together. I am sorry her brother got involved with a deadly drug, but please don't let cannabis patients suffer because of her brothers poor life choice.

As for the VP announcement, it's just crazy Cruz looking for free air time.

I do like his taste in wives - all three of them. Although the first two now look a little the worse for wear.

Trade them in when they hit 40, ala Trump style.

Hah!

I suspect living with The Donald isn't easy, and the tenure is subject to being abruptly cut short. But I understand it pays pretty well, and there's an excellent pension!

Hah!

I suspect living with The Donald isn't easy, and the tenure is subject to being abruptly cut short. But I understand it pays pretty well, and there's an excellent pension!

It's the conjugal visits that would put me off, not into men with orange skin tone, yuk. I suppose the $$ make him much more attractive, it's not like he could get a Miss Universe on looks alone.

It's the conjugal visits that would put me off, not into men with orange skin tone, yuk. I suppose the $$ make him much more attractive, it's not like he could get a Miss Universe on looks alone.

Most of the famous hound dogs look nothing like what anyone would call attractive.

Yeah, and it takes some of the focus off his huge blunder in Indiana last night.

CNN had an interview today with the legendary Bobby Plumb - the real life star who won the title for that little high school back in the early 50's and he openly mocked Cruz for calling the rim a RING. He took off his championship ring and said you could never shoot a ball through it. It was funny.

CNN had an interview today with the legendary Bobby Plumb - the real life star who won the title for that little high school back in the early 50's and he openly mocked Cruz for calling the rim a RING. He took off his championship ring and said you could never shoot a ball through it. It was funny.

That was the smallest school gym I have ever seen, not sure how Cruz filled the seats, all 100 of them, must have offered free donuts.

That was the smallest school gym I have ever seen, not sure how Cruz filled the seats, all 100 of them, must have offered free donuts.

Well, it certainly wasn't for free basketball lessons. :mrgreen:

The NY Times is reporting that Ted Cruz, in an effort to bolster his primary campaign, has chosen Fiorina as his running mate.

Holy Moley.

He is willing to acknowledge things are that bad for him.

Is it even remotely possible that two less likable people could team up together? Politicians in general are hard to like but Jesus. Might as well be Loki teaming up with Lady Deathstrike.

Back
Top Bottom