• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as veep.

2016 Election
Indiana Is Weird

By Craig Fehrman

indianaweird4x3.jpg

Illustration by Marco Cibola
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:49 AM
[h=1]Indiana Is Weird[/h] [h=2]Or, why Abe Lincoln’s dad would be a Trump voter.[/h]
By Craig Fehrman
Filed under 2016 Election

In the last week, Indiana has played an unusually central role in the presidential primary, with Hoosiers watching as Ted Cruz and John Kasich forged a deal while Donald Trump exhumed Bobby Knight. One thing the campaigns (and many pundits) seem to agree on is that Indiana, which votes Tuesday, represents an extension of previous Midwestern races. “This is just re-running Wisconsin,” one Cruz adviser told National Review. “We have a blueprint, and it works.”
But that’s not quite right.
I’ve lived in Indiana my whole life, outside of a few years passed on the East Coast in grad school, and I have to say: All the attention has been nice. It’s nice to be noticed, however fleetingly, for something other than hosting sporting events and being a part of Abraham Lincoln’s formative years.
The Lincoln who’s most relevant in the upcoming primary, though, is Abe’s father, Thomas. For more than a decade, Thomas and his family lived in Indiana, and as I’ve watched the politicians and pundits try to figure Indiana out I’ve thought a lot about Thomas. Indiana, which is 86 percent white, may seem demographically similar to nearby states like Ohio (83 percent white) and Wisconsin (88 percent white). But, in truth, Indiana is a much stranger place than it’s given credit for, with a history and heritage that divide it from other Midwestern states. The Hoosier State was settled from the south and isolated from cultural change, and you can still see the effects of that today. In fact, that’s why it’s actually pretty hard to predict how Indiana will vote in its primary. That’s why, if you really want to understand Indiana, you need to go back to the time of Thomas Lincoln. . . .

LOL!!!! Kasich, despite being a bumbling fool is, a strong VP pick because he might bring the state of OHIO. But Cruz can't put Kasich on the ticket since Kasich is so stubborn and hasn't dropped out of the race!!! Not only that, but now that he's chosen Carly for the VEEP spot, it means he can't use it as leverage to lure in Rubio, Bush, or Kasich. The "neverTrump" movement is tripping over itself as it falls apart. This is hilarious. :lamo :funny

Since Carly Fiorina's literally only claim to fame is running not just one but two companies into the ground, consider this a concession. Stick a fork in Ted Cruz, he's done.

Ted Cruz to name Carly Fiorina as VP - CNNPolitics.com

He was done before this move. The whole thing is moot

Cruz just signaled he sees the writing on the wall.

"We are campaigning through the end," Cruz told reporters in Jeffersonville on Friday. "As long as we have a viable path to victory, we are campaigning to the ...

Cruz: 'We are campaigning through the end' | News | newsandtribune.com

He no longer has a viable path, and he knows it. Kasich called him on it today. Especially when it was announced that Trump has now broken the 1,000 delegate mark (announced on every news channel today). Also reported that it's expected that Trump will take CA and Oregon (yay, my vote finally counts!).

Crussss is a slime beyond description.

Back
Top Bottom