• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Couple buys Riverside dream home, but seller refuses to move out in eviction moratorium loophole

In other words the thugs I talked about earlier, you're just trying to cover for them with a pretty name. Why can't you be open and honest about this kind of thing if you'[re promoting it as something to be encouraged and celebrated?

That's exactly what the guy who (allegedly) conned the couple out of their house and money did, so why aren't you supporting him? He was more ruthless and dishonest and so he won. Isn't that what you want to see?

Yet you earlier claimed they had some kind of implicit moral standards? I think you're living in a fantasy world and would be in for a terrible (if brief) shock if we ever actually got the world you think you want.

I used to live in that world for a time. Almost everyone has standards, some are looser than others some are more ****ed up than others, but most everyone has some sort of standards. Very rare somebody doesn't, they are usually the ones who end up on the wrong side of somebody else.

Not all of us come from immaculate backgrounds.

I'll just toss in that the "dirty tricks" that the new buyer might play aren't necessarily violent, but absolutely would involve harassment. This may not even be illegal, in context.

I suppose I'd begin by disrupting their utilities, with or without the cooperation of the utility companies.

I can certainly feel for people who are in a desperate situation, but knowingly pulling a scam like this is pretty low and I don't have much sympathy beyond a month or two.

Bet the Guy who won't move out is a republican.

Sounds like the shit they do on the regular.
You think most squatters vote for Republicans? What logic leads you down this absurd path? Most criminals, mentally ill, etc vote for Democrats. Squatters and homeless population seem to be well within the liberal demographic.

You think most squatters vote for Republicans? What logic leads you down this absurd path? Most criminals, mentally ill, etc vote for Democrats. Squatters and homeless population seem to be well within the liberal demographic.
Sounds like an opportunist who just might rationalize screwing those folks to make some point about da libruls.

Could just be some amoral asshole of any stripe.

But its a kind of shitty I see from Republicans more than liberals.

Cutting the electric and water off won't work.Call the cable tv provider and have them block every channel but Fox News,They'll move out.

I have donated funds to some
"muscle" after I was threatened
on
side walks and by my parked car in
a parking structure.
It was effectual!
I never saw the ( )o( ) again
Just pay cash!

TIME TO RESORT TO MUSCLE!
Sometimes that is the only option
besides choosing to be a victim.

The courts are in recess over Covid.
The police. laughable

Moi

Canada-3.png

It's like they're living in the USSR:

Because leftists are extremely hostile to private property rights, that's why.

They don't call the state Commiefornia for nothin'.

Remember that progressives see California as the model for the entire nation.
They arent being evicted if they sold it, so the Covid19 moratorium doesn't apply.

This why one should never involve authorities where they can. The paper trail can make things more complicated when utilizing more expedient measures of pest removal. I wonder how much its worth to the new home owners to have their pests removed. For a relatively small fee I am sure I can find them a removal service that will happily deal with their pests in a prompt and efficient matter. Nobody likes a deadbeat, especially those on the more colorful side of the tracks, for a generous fee of course. You can even get service with a genuine smile.
You're probably joking, but back when I owned four modest rental homes that's exactly what I did a couple of times. I hired some "neighborhood" locals to put the trash on the curb and I changed the locks while my guys were still there. Worked perfect.

You're probably joking, but back when I owned four modest rental homes that's exactly what I did a couple of times. I hired some "neighborhood" locals to put the trash on the curb and I changed the locks while my guys were still there. Worked perfect.

I write from experience in another life from long ago. My younger brother used to do collections back then. Not for a collection agency and his "clients" usually saw the law as a minor inconvenience presuming they even cared to think about it. I utilized his services on occasion and helped on others. People tend to pay close attention when they realize that coloring outside the lines is a two way street.

What is wrong with the world... people owning four homes while others can barely afford rent.

Why would you ruin discussion of a fairly interesting topic by front loading the op with so much partisan hackery?
you read his posts? LOL

What is wrong with the world... people owning four homes while others can barely afford rent.
Yeah, that's me born with a silver spoon......... one at a time, I bought those houses at county tax sales. Paid the back taxes somebody else owed. With my own sweat and money rehabed each house, also one at a time. Took me from six months to over a year on each one, since I had a regular day job that paid my bills. So it was mostly evenings and weekends.
One of the houses had the HVAC system stolen out of it before I could rent it out. Always good to actually have renters in a rental. I also learned not to use copper pipe.
If it weren't for people like me people like you wouldn't have a place to pay rent on.

Yeah, that's me born with a silver spoon......... one at a time, I bought those houses at county tax sales. Paid the back taxes somebody else owed. With my own sweat and money rehabed each house, also one at a time. Took me from six months to over a year on each one, since I had a regular day job that paid my bills. So it was mostly evenings and weekends.
One of the houses had the HVAC system stolen out of it before I could rent it out. Always good to actually have renters in a rental. I also learned not to use copper pipe.
If it weren't for people like me people like you wouldn't have a place to pay rent on.
I have a house. Just busting your chops mate... seemed like a funny thing to say last night. ;)

If I were the new owners this person would suddenly become a renter then have 12 months of rent pulled from his bank account ........ if this could be done legally. The rent would be high dollar.

The former owner would see the why it would be smart to move.

They got their home house back.

15 Months After Buying Dream Home, California Couple Finally Kick Squatters Out

Are you or your family taking federal COVID welfare? How about your company?
You are sorely confused if you actually think it is welfare.
It's stimulus money to help ease the damage the gov created by their absurd lock-downs.

If the buyers have the keys to the house, just go there and take the front and back doors off the hinges. Generally deadbeats leave once they don't have a door on the dwelling.

It would seem the buyers have the option of suing the seller-squatter for monetary damages for breach of contract, with no moratorium on doing so.

It's like they're living in the USSR:

Because leftists are extremely hostile to private property rights, that's why.

They don't call the state Commiefornia for nothin'.

Remember that progressives see California as the model for the entire nation.
I would have phisicaly removed him myself by this point.

I don't understand how he couldn't have been forcibly removed. A moratorium on evictions should not extend to trespassing, which is what this should have risen to. You can't just go invade someone's private property and start living there. To be removed from someone else's property because you're not welcome there is not an "eviction." This squatter should not have been protected.

Basic policy and/or procedural failure.

The story is bullshit... Riverside is a ****ing shithole... there are not dream homes except for trailer trash...
Wrong. I lived in the corona which is the next city over and worked in Riverside. Yes, there are dumps, but there are also a lot of multi million dollar homes.

Wrong. I lived in the corona which is the next city over and worked in Riverside. Yes, there are dumps, but there are also a lot of multi million dollar homes.
It is an illusion. I have gone through Corona a couple of hundred times to and from Big Bear, to the Chino Hills, Yucaipa, the 395, Joshua Tree, etc.

It is a dump too... :)

If the buyers have the keys to the house, just go there and take the front and back doors off the hinges. Generally deadbeats leave once they don't have a door on the dwelling.
Then he might start screwing with everything... pipes, wiring, insulation, etc.

Back
Top Bottom