• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Couple buys Riverside dream home, but seller refuses to move out in eviction moratorium loophole

aociswundumho

Capitalist Pig
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - When Tracie and Myles Albert purchased a beautiful four bedroom house in Riverside, California they never realized that at the end of escrow the seller would suddenly refuse to give up the keys and leave.

It's like they're living in the USSR:

"We own the house, outright. That's our house and it's all in a contract, written, legal, done. He's been paid the money in his account. How could we have no rights to go into our home," asked Myles.

Because leftists are extremely hostile to private property rights, that's why.

Taylor says, "It’s genuinely unfathomable to me that we live in a state where something like this is even possible. They closed escrow on this home January 31, 2020." The Alberts and Taylor have contacted authorities and tried to get the seller evicted but because of the pandemic, they’ve gotten nowhere.

They don't call the state Commiefornia for nothin'.

Eviction Attorney Dennis Block says, "This year alone, we’ve handled at least 7 maybe 8 cases of this exact type of situation."

Remember that progressives see California as the model for the entire nation.

7...or 8 whole cases???

ANARCHY

It’s a terrible situation. Hopefully they are able to take possession of the property soon and boot the scumbag seller to the curb. Or, alternatively, sell it as-is with the de facto tenant at sufferance remaining in the property.

we let the seller stay in our current home for extra time in exchange for letting us keep the washer and dryer. it was a great deal.

This why one should never involve authorities where they can. The paper trail can make things more complicated when utilizing more expedient measures of pest removal. I wonder how much its worth to the new home owners to have their pests removed. For a relatively small fee I am sure I can find them a removal service that will happily deal with their pests in a prompt and efficient matter. Nobody likes a deadbeat, especially those on the more colorful side of the tracks, for a generous fee of course. You can even get service with a genuine smile.

Go watch Pacific Heights if you want another horror story about tenants..

"Commiefornia" is the cause of this problem? Did "Commiefornia" sell the house and refuse to leave the house?

The seller, who refuses to leave the house he sold, is not a tenant. Does the seller/squatter have any legitimate reasons or is he just exploiting loopholes?

Are there no squatters in every other state, or are all states "communist"?

Are you or your family taking federal COVID welfare? How about your company?

Nope. Government isn't my mommy or daddy I don't need them.

By the way posting my quotes in context is best so the reader understands what it is I am writing. Taken from context tends to dilute what is being said.

For the edification of the reader. Post number 6 is my original response to the thread of which a copy is below.

This why one should never involve authorities where they can. The paper trail can make things more complicated when utilizing more expedient measures of pest removal. I wonder how much its worth to the new home owners to have their pests removed. For a relatively small fee I am sure I can find them a removal service that will happily deal with their pests in a prompt and efficient matter. Nobody likes a deadbeat, especially those on the more colorful side of the tracks, for a generous fee of course. You can even get service with a genuine smile.

are other conservatives/republicans/libertarians (who scream the same anti-government stuff that you do) taking the Federal Government Welfare? do some people take it and then lie about taking it?

are other conservatives/republicans/libertarians (who scream the same anti-government stuff that you do) taking the Federal Government Welfare? do some people take it and then lie about taking it?

Is there a reason you are taking my qoutes out context? For the reader post 11.

By the way posting my quotes in context is best so the reader understands what it is I am writing. Taken from context tends to dilute what is being said.

For the edification of the reader. Post number 6 is my original response to the thread of which a copy is below.

You seem to have a hang up about individuals solving their problems without having to involve government. Why waste your time if you don't have to? Why wait for some government schmuck to get around to maybe helping you, presuming they don't make your problem worse.

As to your question I don't know or even care. If you think I did Sherlock, you are welcome to try to prove it. Good luck.

Is there a reason you are taking my qoutes out context? For the reader post 11.
okay.

now, are other conservatives/republicans/libertarians (who scream the same anti-government stuff that you do) taking the Federal Government Welfare? do some people take it and then lie about taking it?

It’s a terrible situation. Hopefully they are able to take possession of the property soon and boot the scumbag seller to the curb. Or, alternatively, sell it as-is with the de facto tenant at sufferance remaining in the property.

Selling it as is would result in a major loss, that most likely not be recoverable by ordinary means. This is the situation where is pays to know people play in the gray area of the law.

They should hire some bikers
to evict them!

Moi

okay.

now, are other conservatives/republicans/libertarians (who scream the same anti-government stuff that you do) taking the Federal Government Welfare? do some people take it and then lie about taking it?

I already directly answered the question in post 13 should you care to read it. The answer is at the end. Do you even read these posts?

I already directly answered the question in post 13 should you care to read it. The answer is at the end. Do you even read these posts?
well, you dodged it.

i guess that's as far as an anti-government person like yourself is willing to go. but, let me assure you, people like you are taking Federal Government Welfare and it's helping them survive. many aren't nearly as self sufficient as they've bragged about for decades. they NEED Uncle Sugar.

They should hire some bikers
to evict them!

Moi

It's got to be a you know someone, who knows someone, type deal for the obvious reasons. It's a specialized gig that requires specialized knowledge. :cool:

well, you dodged it.

i guess that's as far as an anti-government person like yourself is willing to go. but, let me assure you, people like you are taking Federal Government Welfare and it's helping them survive. many aren't nearly as self sufficient as they've bragged about for decades. they NEED Uncle Sugar.

As to your question I don't know or even care. If you think I did Sherlock, you are welcome to try to prove it. Good luck.
Post 13

That's dodging the question? Seriously dude, how the hell am I supposed to know what a bunch of people I don't even know are doing? I am not god and don't read minds. Good for you if you are able to read minds and be omniscient, I am however, flawed, and therefore cannot.

How is this like living in the USSR?

Sue the seller in Civil Court and charge them rents and fees for breach of contract.

It's got to be a you know someone, who knows someone, type deal for the obvious reasons. It's a specialized gig that requires specialized knowledge. :cool:
So the guy in the house should hire some thugs to threaten and intimidate the owners until they back down?

Why would you ruin discussion of a fairly interesting topic by front loading the op with so much partisan hackery?

Why would you ruin discussion of a fairly interesting topic by front loading the op with so much partisan hackery?

It is precisely that “partisan hackery” which has created this moronic situation.

Back
Top Bottom