• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Couldn't agree more.

This whole thing has basically become a matter of white people living vicariously through Hispanic racism..............Oh, the humanity...................

That is exactly what I am disagreeing with. Institutional racism in the US is pretty much dead. It exists in some places, but all in all blacks can achieve whatever we want including becoming president. The major problem in this country for me is the political divide. It is much wider and much more dangerous in the long run.

So, tell me what you base your claim that racism is dead on please.

Back pedal. You said it was wasn't racist until the present made his comments. You seem to find something wrong with his comments. You think he made it about race.

I get what you're saying. I am asking what was wrong with his comments?

You don't think he should mention his own race?

Simple question.

So, tell me what you base your claim that racism is dead on please.

Read what I said and get back to me. I never said "racism is dead" nothing even close. :doh

It presented itself throught the trial because race baiters made it an issue throughout the trial. There is NOTHING about this case that is racist. People who make a living off of creating a racial divide in this country threw in the bait and weak minded people took it, hook line and sinker.

Weak Minded People do.

Here is the thing.... when you go on to stamp this as a racial issue and your reason is "because of the history of racism in our country", it looks like a cop out. People want to push the racial issue, and people want to keep pushing it even when they know in their hearts this issue has nothing to do with race, so they drop in the old classic standby "history of racism".

News Flash. History doesn't change. There will ALWAYS be a "history of racism" in our country. But how does it apply to this case? It doesn't? Then why bring it into this case?

That is my question. How does the history of racism in this country correlate to this case?

You misunderstood, or I was unclear...I am not stamping this is a racial issue. I am saying it touched a nerve because racism exists and it a real problem.

Back pedal. You said it was wasn't racist until the present made his comments. You seem to find something wrong with his comments. You think he made it about race.

I get what you're saying. I am asking what was wrong with his comments?

You don't think he should mention his own race?

Simple question.

To be honest your question is so stupid, I am not even going to give it the time of day. You completely misrepresent what I said, then call it back peddling when it is not even remotely close.

You have a good night.

No. Because racism being a real problem in this country has absolutely nothing to do with this case....... so how did it get there without the race baiters controlling the message???????

I am trying to say that the case hit a nerve because to some it struck a nerve. It touched on something that DOES exist. Do you believe racism exists in this country today.

That's the whole point, most Americans don't really care about political stuff, and when issues are put into a political sphere by people it becomes a ****-fest because that is what it becomes. And message boards, social media, and the like are a symptom of that, because a lot of people who do care about politics can't discuss issues without resorting to hyperbolic shouting matches. Which demeans things, and turns a lot of people off.

This case was in itself a symptom of such a problem, and the fact that a case like this took on a political spin in the first place is sickening.

This case was so blatantly obvious self defense, it never should have seen a court room. That's the problem.

This was open and shut. Liberals tried to make a case out of thin air.

Read what I said and get back to me. I never said "racism is dead" nothing even close. :doh

Okay....so I think you are pointing out that you said "Institutional Racism" is pretty much dead. If so, tell me what you base that claim on . In addition to the statement that black people can accomplish whatever they want.

Some people think Obama shouldn't mention his race, cause doing so is just playing the race card.

I see nothing wrong with Obama talking about his race. It's not wrong or offensive.

I am not trying to back you into a wall, attack you, or box you in. I was trying ti hear you out, but i guess you don't feel confident expressing yourself.

To be honest your question is so stupid, I am not even going to give it the time of day. You completely misrepresent what I said, then call it back peddling when it is not even remotely close.

You have a good night.

His parents wanted him arrested. His parents organized it all, not Nancy Pelosi and Obama.

This case was so blatantly obvious self defense, it never should have seen a court room. That's the problem.

This was open and shut. Liberals tried to make a case out of thin air.

Okay....so I think you are pointing out that you said "Institutional Racism" is pretty much dead. If so, tell me what you base that claim on.

Well name one institution or job etc a black person cannot get? Institutionalized racism is what affirmative action etc was all about. It is illegal in this country. There is not a single institution, business, community etc any minority group cannot be a part of. The US government as a body no longer backs racial discrimination. The reason I say almost, is some private institutions can block people via race still.

In addition to the statement that black people can accomplish whatever they want.

We have a black president, astronauts, physicists, doctors, swimmers, scuba professionals ahem, and hockey players. What other evidence do you need?

Some people think Obama shouldn't mention his race, cause doing so is just playing the race card.

I am not "some people" and have not implied or said anything even close.

I see nothing wrong with Obama talking about his race. It's not wrong or offensive.

I agree and have again not said it is wrong in any way.

I am not trying to back you into a wall, attack you, or box you in. I was trying ti hear you out, but i guess you don't feel confident expressing yourself.

You are asking about things I have already answered or you are assuming things I did not say. Read the above statements.

I mean look at your last comment. Need I say more?

Opinion: George Zimmerman trial expands deep divide - Joe Scarborough - POLITICO.com

This is why I stayed away from this case for the most part, the whole
conversation, from both sides, was just disgusting.

and this is why your uninformed all you get is the 10 sec sound bites a quick glance at misleading pictures and the head lines. you end up believing what the media wants you to believe with out you taking the time and find the real truth.

for example most believe that Zimmerman was in his truck when the dispatcher told him we don't need you to do that. they believe that because that is what the media wants them to believe, but if you would have dug for the truth you would have learned he was out off his truck walking down the side walk and he said ok and was headed back to the truck and the evidence proves as much

this is why you have the misinformed saying if he would have stayed in is truck when the 911 dispatcher told him to none of this would happen so it is his fault.

ignorance of the facts is dangerous

Most people wouldn't just define institutionalized racism or sexism to ability to join the work force.

But I'll ask this, perhaps you will not answer, but have you seen all the threads promoting racial profiling? Look at the arguments in favor of it. Black men are more likely to commit crime and molest children was argued, and you will be safer if you don't walk on the same side of the.street as an approaching black male.

I would consider that racist. I would consider criminal profiling institutionalized racism.

What are your thoughts?

Well name one institution or job etc a black person cannot get? Institutionalized racism is what affirmative action etc was all about. It is illegal in this country. There is not a single institution, business, community etc any minority group cannot be a part of. The US government as a body no longer backs racial discrimination. The reason I say almost, is some private institutions can block people via race still.

We have a black president, astronauts, physicists, doctors, swimmers, scuba professionals ahem, and hockey players. What other evidence do you need?

First time I saw the entire video.........did they interview the guy from the store? What was TM asking or talking to him about? Any info on that conversation?

Very good question. The one thing I'd like to know is did TM attempt to buy cough syrup that night.

Well according to the parameters set by this case, wouldn't POTUS have to identify himself as "white- African American"?? Or do the "race baiters" only use invented terms when it suits their narrative?

Most people wouldn't just define institutionalized racism or sexism to ability to join the work force.

But I'll ask this, perhaps you will not answer, but have you seen all the threads promoting racial profiling? Look at the arguments in favor of it. Black men are more likely to commit crime and molest children was argued, and you will be safer if you don't walk on the same side of the.street as an approaching black male.

I would consider that racist. I would consider criminal profiling institutionalized racism.

What are your thoughts?

I would ask you if you think that black taxi drivers - who apparently refuse to pick up young black males, just as white taxi drivers do - are racists against themselves, all other blacks, or a weird age/race/sexist blend where they are only racists against blacks who are both young and male.

Most people would understand it was an example. :roll:

You desperately need to understand what people are typing and stop making crap up. No one said anything about black men being more likely to molest children. No one said anything about black men being more likely to commit crime.

I would consider your half cocked and ignorant statement evidence you have no idea what was being typed or how to respond to it.

What are your thoughts?

As for the truth...

Criminal profiling is done every day by most law enforcement agency. It would be very hard to catch the bad guys if they did not. Race being part of a profile has nothing to do with racism or being institutional racism. The US law enforcement community cannot profile by race alone. That would be racist.

What are your thoughts?

Black men are more likely to commit crimes. Why is the truth institutional racism? Oh, I know, "Because they're all innocent."

70% of black children are born to single moms. 70%! The black community leads the country in new and existing HIV infections. As a group, results suggest they have absolutely no respect for education...because, if they did? They'd march for results instead of marching for their version of 'justice for Trayvon.' They call each other 'nigger' and embrace their own language...tell those who do embrace education that they're 'acting white...' live in **** holes that most others would abandon in favor of a cardboard box...are prejudiced against blacks who are blacker...let their kids die in the streets jumping rope, shot by gang bangers shooting up their neighborhoods...won't cooperate with the police...and their so-called leaders make their living off their backs.

All while telling me, "It's all your fault."

10 Unacceptable Cycles Black People Have to Change | MadameNoire | Black Women's Lifestyle Guide | Black Hair | Black Love - Part 11
CDC - African Americans - Racial/Ethnic Groups - Risk - HIV/AIDS
Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News

Black men are more likely to commit crimes. Why is the truth institutional racism? Oh, I know, "Because they're all innocent."

Don't state that statistic without showing why...

Research on perceptions in the US shows that many people believe that African-American men engage in violent crimes at the highest rates of all racial categories, a belief which is supported by crime statistics.[8] Per capita, African Americans are much more likely to be arrested for crimes of violence than other racial groups. African Americans are significantly more likely to be profiled, arrested and incarcerated in the US than white suspects who commit similar offenses and have equal to longer criminal records.[9][10][11][12] African-American men are overrepresented in the American prison system; according to numerous sources African Americans are approximately six times more likely to spend time in prison or jail than whites. According to research, African Americans receive up to 60% longer federal prison sentences than whites who commit similar offenses, and 20% longer prison sentences than whites who commit the same offenses.[13][14] Some academic sources state that this is partially due to prosecutors over charging African American defendants in contrast to white defendants.[15] - Criminal black man stereotype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posting a crap statement like that is part of the reason blacks are so angry. Tell the whole story.

Don't state that statistic without showing why...

Research on perceptions in the US shows that many people believe that African-American men engage in violent crimes at the highest rates of all racial categories, a belief which is supported by crime statistics.[8] Per capita, African Americans are much more likely to be arrested for crimes of violence than other racial groups. African Americans are significantly more likely to be profiled, arrested and incarcerated in the US than white suspects who commit similar offenses and have equal to longer criminal records.[9][10][11][12] African-American men are overrepresented in the American prison system; according to numerous sources African Americans are approximately six times more likely to spend time in prison or jail than whites. According to research, African Americans receive up to 60% longer federal prison sentences than whites who commit similar offenses, and 20% longer prison sentences than whites who commit the same offenses.[13][14] Some academic sources state that this is partially due to prosecutors over charging African American defendants in contrast to white defendants.[15] - Criminal black man stereotype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posting a crap statement like that is part of the reason blacks are so angry. Tell the whole story.

Let me get this straight. My statement that black men are more likely to commit crimes is "a crap statement." Well, let me expound on your post for a moment:

Wikipedia is a crap source.

Incarceration Rate:

1 in every 15 African Americans
1 in every 36 Hispanics
1 in every 106 White

National Institute of Justice: Figure 2. U.S. Incarceration Rates by Race and Sex

^^That's a source.

You misunderstood, or I was unclear...I am not stamping this is a racial issue. I am saying it touched a nerve because racism exists and it a real problem.

How did it touch a nerve is there is nothing racial about this issue?

Do you see what I am asking?

If there is nothing racial about this issue.... then how did it get brought up? Because racism exist? Well holy dog **** captain..... we can apply that logic to any and all topics of discussion.

What do to about the economy? Racists!
Microsoft's stock went down because of Windows 8? Racists!

Can't just attach a racial discussion to anything you want to and claim "Oh the history of racism makes it relevant to the topic"

Let me get this straight. My statement that black men are more likely to commit crimes is "a crap statement." Well, let me expound on your post for a moment:

Wikipedia is a crap source.

Incarceration Rate:

1 in every 15 African Americans
1 in every 36 Hispanics
1 in every 106 White

National Institute of Justice: Figure 2. U.S. Incarceration Rates by Race and Sex

^^That's a source.

Yes when you have no argument attack the source a state numbers that by themselves mean nothing, much like your statement. The source I used is fine and it's sources are stated....

Russell-Brown, Katheryn (1998). The Color of Crime: Racial Hoaxes, White Fear, Black Protectionism, Police Harassment and Other Macroaggressions. New York University Press. ISBN 0-8147-7471-7.

Quillian, Lincoln; Pager, Devah. (November 2001). Black Neighbors, Higher Crime? The Role of Racial Stereotypes in Evaluations of Neighborhood Crime. American Journal of Sociology 107 (3): 717–767. For a copy, see here PDF (207 KB).

Rome, Dennis (2004). Black Demons: The Media's Depiction of the African American Male Criminal Stereotype. Greenwood Publishing Group. ISBN 0-275-97244-5.

Tucker, Linda G. (2007). Lockstep and Dance: Images of Black Men in Popular Culture. University Press of Mississippi. ISBN 978-1-57806-906-4.

Welch, Kelly (August 2007). "Black Criminal Stereotypes and Racial Profiling". Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice 23 (3): 276–288. doi:10.1177/1043986207306870.

Marsh, Ian; Melville, Gaynor. (2009). Crime, Justice and the Media. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 978-0-415-44490-3.

Those are real sources.

So yes this statement...

Is utter, useless garbage that supports nothing but hatred for the wrong reasons. Sorry. It does not state WHAT the numbers mean or why. So you use them to demonize black males without showing why the disparity is so great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom