• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Couldn't agree more.

Sad you can't see it. :shrug:

What I can see is that one side started this issue by turning it into a race relations "wedge". The other side caved (FL GOV) for obvious political reasons.

And people who keep trying to blame the non race crusaders, in my opinion, are just angry because non-race crusaders decided they weren't going to just lay down and be quiet about the issue.

That is becoming more and more common over the last few years as we keep getting that "wedge" cast in the middle of race relations.

Yeah, that was my whole point, the media coverage was disgusting, on both sides.

I see nothing that the non-race crusaders have done that was disgusting.

The race baiters wanted to control the message of this case........ the non-race crusaders refused to just lay down and take it.

No it wasn't just fine, they were using a teen's death to further their own political agenda. Both sides were doing it, and it is both equally disgusting.

OK you need to explain what political agenda the right was pushing with Zimmerman??? Maybe I missed something?

You misunderstand. I am not saying the case was about racism. I am saying the reason it became a racially charged discussion is because racism is a real problem in this country. Is that more clear.

No. Because racism being a real problem in this country has absolutely nothing to do with this case....... so how did it get there without the race baiters controlling the message???????

I see nothing that the non-race crusaders have done that was disgusting.

The race baiters wanted to control the message of this case........ the non-race crusaders refused to just lay down and take it.

Wrong, but you're probably never going to see it so meh why bother :shrug:

"In bed with the crazies" for supporting gun rights? That's a bit of a stretch don't you think?

There are always going to be extremists in any issue that is emotionally charged. But the Bed is big enough for them too. NO need to get OUT simply because you don't like everyone under the covers...just roll over closer to people you do find compatable and stick to your own rationales for supporting the issue.

I am sort of doing exactly what you suggest. I still don't like who I am in bed with. I never said I was leaving 'the party' :)

You're complaining about the issue becoming racist by the president and media, and then saying racism doesn't exist.

Exactly what kind of racism do you have a problem with? The president mentioning he is black is wrong?

That is exactly what I am disagreeing with. Institutional racism in the US is pretty much dead. It exists in some places, but all in all blacks can achieve whatever we want including becoming president. The major problem in this country for me is the political divide. It is much wider and much more dangerous in the long run.

Last edited:
Making it a national issue isn't inherently wrong. Making it a political issue and forgetting the real human tragedy only adds to the tragedy.

Zimmerman got death threats, and Trayvon has been demonized beyond anything necessary. It shows America has race issues, we can't talk about race, and we lack tolerance for the opposing political party.

it's disgusting

You want to know why Trayvon got demonized?

It had alot to do with countering the false message that he was some innocent angel who has done no wrong.
It had alot to do with the photo of 12 year old Trayvon Martin plastered all over the media.
It had alot to do with the Photoshopped picture of Trayvon in a white hoodie, edited to make him appear less dark (which is racially assumptive in itself to assume people would think less of him if they showed his darker skin tone).
It has alot to do with NBC editing the non emergency call to make him sound like a racist.
It had alot to do with the media publishing every thing they could about George's past while mentioning nothing of Trayvon.
It had alot to do with the media lying about the reason why Trayvon was suspended from school.

People took offense to that type of ****, and decided to start showing that maybe Trayvon wasn't an entirely innocent do-no-wrong teenager. Trying to prove that the other media groups were only telling you the story they wanted you to hear to furthur their agenda.

Making it a national issue isn't inherently wrong. Making it a political issue and forgetting the real human tragedy only adds to the tragedy.

Zimmerman got death threats, and Trayvon has been demonized beyond anything necessary. It shows America has race issues, we can't talk about race, and we lack tolerance for the opposing political party.

it's disgusting

Actually, it's refreshing to see individual Americans actually expressing their individual thoughts. The last 30 years of the Left always talking about "compromise", "coming to an understanding", ""reaching across the aisle", etc, etc, etc, etc really started to make us look like the Right's doormat that was being paid for such services by the hour..............................

OK you need to explain what political agenda the right was pushing with Zimmerman??? Maybe I missed something?

Stand your ground laws, gun rights, also pushing their views on racial politics, etc.

You're complaining about the issue becoming racist by the president and media, and then saying racism doesn't exist.

Exactly what kind of racism do you have a problem with? The president mentioning he is black is wrong?

He shared just as much of his race with Trayvon as he did Zimmerman.

Yet he chose Trayvon's side..... he picked a side.

And half that crap wasn't admitted into trial, and he was still found not guilty.

He was demonized beyond anything necessary or relevant to the issue of self.defense.

You want to know why Trayvon got demonized?

It had alot to do with countering the false message that he was some innocent angel who has done no wrong.
It had alot to do with the photo of 12 year old Trayvon Martin plastered all over the media.
It had alot to do with the Photoshopped picture of Trayvon in a white hoodie, edited to make him appear less dark (which is racially assumptive in itself to assume people would think less of him if they showed his darker skin tone).
It has alot to do with NBC editing the non emergency call to make him sound like a racist.
It had alot to do with the media publishing every thing they could about George's past while mentioning nothing of Trayvon.
It had alot to do with the media lying about the reason why Trayvon was suspended from school.

People took offense to that type of ****, and decided to start showing that maybe Trayvon wasn't an entirely innocent do-no-wrong teenager. Trying to prove that the other media groups were only telling you the story they wanted you to hear to furthur their agenda.

You're complaining about the issue becoming racist by the president and medua, and then saying racism doesn't exist.

Please point out where I said anything about racism does not exist? I said "Institutional racism is pretty much dead" not even close.

I have no problem with racism at all I am not a racist or race baiter. The president commenting on a local irrelevant case of self defense to promote a political agenda is wrong. If you can't see that, then continue to dwell in a land where pink bunny's are ruled by the faerie king.

Stand your ground laws, gun rights, also pushing their views on racial politics, etc.

Because only one side is allowed to do that right????

And half that crap wasn't admitted into trial, and he was still found not guilty.

He was demonized beyond anything necessary or relevant to the issue of self.defense.

You mean like a new racial term... white Hispanic? Or having tapes edited to make him sound racist? Or being passed off as an innocent 14 year old child when he was actually a 6'2" adult who was suspended from school for drug use?

What was in the media has nothing to do with the trial.

But it has alot to do with what got dug up on Trayvon..... all of which happened AFTER George Zimmerman was thoroughly slandered.

Im not saying it was right for either political group to release the type of information they did. But you can't be angry at the side that did it as a response to the other side trying to control the message and conceal the stuff they didn't like.

The right defended those yes, because the left attacked them pushing a racist political anti-gun agenda using Martin as the poster boy. They (the right) were not using Zimmerman to actually push an agenda. Sorry that is wrong.

The right defended those yes, because the left attacked them pushing a racist political anti-gun agenda using Martin as the poster boy. They (the right) were not using Zimmerman to actually push an agenda. Sorry that is wrong.

The put him up as some sort of idol for those issues, just because you can't admit the truth doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The put him up as some sort of idol for those issues, just because you can't admit the truth doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Has nothing to do with it. Please post a single article or something that made him some kind of "idle" or hero for those issues? He was not used as an example to push those laws. The fact is you are seeing what is not there.

You're back peddling. You said the president and media made it racist. I asked how, and you respond by saying the president had no business making a comment on a local issue.

How did the president make it racist?

I want to hear your opinion. I didn't find his comment racist.

And how does the president make the issue racist, whilst not strengthing any dying institutionalized forms of racism and bigotry?

I am curious to hear your perspective

Please point out where I said anything about racism does not exist? I said "Institutional racism is pretty much dead" not even close.

I have no problem with racism at all I am not a racist or race baiter. The president commenting on a local irrelevant case of self defense to promote a political agenda is wrong. If you can't see that, then continue to dwell in a land where pink bunny's are ruled by the faerie king.

if that's how we handle issues in America, then America needs to grow the **** up

What was in the media has nothing to do with the trial.

But it has alot to do with what got dug up on Trayvon..... all of which happened AFTER George Zimmerman was thoroughly slandered.

Im not saying it was right for either political group to release the type of information they did. But you can't be angry at the side that did it as a response to the other side trying to control the message and conceal the stuff they didn't like.

You're back peddling. You said the president and media made it racist. I asked how, and you respond by saying the president had no business making a comment on a local issue.

How did the president make it racist?

Ummmm.... I said nothing even close...

No it was not racist until the media and President made it about race for no reason, none. It was politically motivated, period. Anything else is just hogwash.

So no back pedaling here. Only misinformation on your part.

I want to hear your opinion. I didn't find his comment racist.

You don't want to hear my opinion. If you did you would have seen I have already given it. You want to play some save face game because you know you were and still are wrong.

Please point out why I would care if you thought his comments were racist or not? As I said nothing about what he said being racist.

And how does the president make the issue racist, whilst not strengthing any dying institutionalized forms of racism and bigotry?

Read what I said. I have already answered this question and you still got it wrong. Jesus!

I am curious to hear your perspective

If you were. You would have gotten it right the first time. This is not rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom