• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Trump Win Another Election?

Could Trump Win Another Election?

• Total voters
Then there's DC, and then Georgia, and 24 rape victims, and....a lifetime of litigation.

Sounds like left wing uncontrolled fantasies. How long will Trump be living in your head rent free?

I got a tax cut and I am not rich. Of course the democrats will take it away the way they always do.

What they also fail to admit is that as a percentage of income, Trump gave the wealthy a smaller tax cut then he did the middle class. They are just butthurt that the wealthy got a tax cut at all.

I got a tax cut and I am not rich. Of course the democrats will take it away the way they always do.

Those tax cuts benefitted rich people far more than the working class:

What did Trump actually do to harm the interests of rich people? Nothing, Trump is rich and cares more about his rich golfing buddies over anyone else. Trump is no regenade class traitor, he is a billionaire who serves the interests of the billionaire class.

If you guys wanted a President who took on the rich, you would have supported Bernie Sanders, so clearly you want a President who serves the rich, not opposes them.

What they also fail to admit is that as a percentage of income, Trump gave the wealthy a smaller tax cut then he did the middle class. They are just butthurt that the wealthy got a tax cut at all.
They are the masters of deception.

Link?

I posted 2 articles that said otherwise.

Also is this: "They are just butthurt that the wealthy got a tax cut at all" supposed to be more conservative anti elitism?

Seems like your ideology is very pro wealthy elites. You guys just make wealthy elites like Jeff Bezos even more wealthy.

Those tax cuts benefitted rich people far more than the working class:

What did Trump actually do to harm the interests of rich people? Nothing, Trump is rich and cares more about his rich golfing buddies over anyone else. Trump is no regenade class traitor, he is a billionaire who serves the interests of the billionaire class.

If you guys wanted a President who took on the rich, you would have supported Bernie Sanders, so clearly you want a President who serves the rich, not opposes them.

The rich are people as well. What would we do without them? Why do they need to be fought? I am semi-retired now, however have worked for the same employer for 31 years. It is a small business that employs over 800 employees in three states. Without the rich family that owns the business, it would not exist. It's now in it's 105th year.

Trump can never win another presidential election because he is dead to Republicans now

The rich are people as well. What would we do without them? Why do they need to be fought? I am semi-retired now, however have worked for the same employer for 31 years. It is a small business that employs over 800 employees in three states. Without the rich family that owns the business, it would not exist. It's now in it's 105th year.

Look at what PIPEWRENCH posted:

They are making a point to anyone who thinks the rich and powerful do not own both parties and our government. Someone can run other than their party puppets and even possibly win. However the rich and powerful are in charge and don't rock their boat.

He was arguing Trump was taking on the rich and now you are saying that rich shouldn't be taken on, so who is right, you or PIPEWRENCH?

Bezos treats his workers like robots:

Why can't he treat his workers better?

Also guys like Epstein used their wealth to get away with murder.

Frankly their wealth is a threat to the freedom of others, they use their wealth to rig the system in their favor.

Your ideology contradicts itself, you call billionaires job creators and say the free market should decide everything, but when a company does something you do not like, like moving a factory to Mexico or banning Trump from Twitter, you get mad. You don't want to lay in the bed you made for yourself.

Last edited:
Trump can never win another presidential election because he is dead to Republicans now

He was dead to Republicans in the 2016 primaries too, but that didn't work out too well since they had no choice but to accept him after he performed better than their candidates. The same could happen again given his high approval rating among Republican voters. I think the bigger challenge for Trump is getting support from political independents and siphoning Democratic Party voters; that's what I don't see happening in a large enough degree to matter. This is if he runs, if instead it's a Trumpist candidate, then that's a different story altogether.

He was dead to Republicans in the 2016 primaries too, but that didn't work out too well since they had no choice but to accept him after he performed better than their candidates. The same could happen again given his high approval rating among Republican voters. I think the bigger challenge for Trump is getting support from political independents and siphoning Democratic Party voters; that's what I don't see happening in a large enough degree to matter. This is if he runs, if instead it's a Trumpist candidate, then that's a different story altogether.
Not really. He was not like in 2016 but they supported him. He is hated now within his own party. He could fool Americans the first time but they know who he is now and his approval ratings show how unpopular he is

Not really. He was not like in 2016 but they supported him. He is hated now within his own party. He could fool Americans the first time but they know who he is now and his approval ratings show how unpopular he is

With the establishment members of the GOP perhaps, but the polling numbers have shown pretty consistent support from the GOP voter base. That's what will make navigating the political waters difficult for the GOP depending on how long that support lasts. So if you're a GOP Senator and your constituents strongly support Trump, what you say against him could be hazardous to your political career.

With the establishment members of the GOP perhaps, but the polling numbers have shown pretty consistent support from the GOP voter base. That's what will make navigating the political waters difficult for the GOP depending on how long that support lasts. So if you're a GOP Senator and your constituents strongly support Trump, what you say against him could be hazardous to your political career.
True. What I am saying is i think trump has no support for a presidential run again. Anyone that was on the fence is against him. But in strong trump country he still has support and politicians must kiss his azz. Here in alabama politicians must refer to him as a god for example

The only authoritarian aspect was the looney left spending nearly Trump's entire term attempting to remove him from office.
Only took four years. Felt great to unseat your cult leader.

the polling numbers have shown pretty consistent support from the GOP voter base.
What's interesting to me is that total Republican numbers are dropping as is Trump's support amongst them, less popular amongst a smaller number. That doesn't look good for the GOP. They need to figure out how to win back those who have abandoned the GOP since Trump took the party over. I think that may be the path Haley is on, win back those Independents that Trump drove away.

True. What I am saying is in think trump has no support for a presidential run again. Anyone that was on the fence is against him. But in strong trump country he still has support and politicians must kiss his azz. Here in alabama politicians must refer to him as a god for example

Yeah, I think he will have a hard time in a general election, but I could certainly see him getting enough support to become the GOP candidate. It's just way too early to tell since we haven't seen much in terms of political strategy from him and his camp. I think the most effective way to take over the GOP is one Congressional election at a time; with the right candidates it can certainly be done. That would seem a much better approach than creating a new party.

They are making a point to anyone who thinks the rich and powerful do not own both parties and our government. Someone can run other than their party puppets and even possibly win. However the rich and powerful are in charge and don't rock their boat.
Seriously? They’ve been making that point for centuries.

OK, we've got Democrats fighting hard to impeach Trump in order to bar him from ever holding office again (not likely to happen). If that doesn't work they are also looking at censuring Trump.

"Their attention has focused on Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, a rarely cited Civil War-era amendment which allows Congress to bar individuals from holding office if they have “engaged in insurrection.” A resolution to censure Trump would require a simple majority vote to pass in the House and Senate."

So, are democrats so afraid that Trump could actually win another election?

Nope, They already Have Georgia and Arizona

What's interesting to me is that total Republican numbers are dropping as is Trump's support amongst them, less popular amongst a smaller number. That doesn't look good for the GOP. They need to figure out how to win back those who have abandoned the GOP since Trump took the party over. I think that may be the path Haley is on, win back those Independents that Trump drove away.

From a GOP perspective providing an alternative should definitely be the focus. The concern I have is the appetite that's clearly present for the Trump persona, and that might make it harder to float a seemingly establishment candidate. They're not going to get a lot of bluster from Haley or any other establishment politician. We shall see...

He was about 50,000 votes away from winning the last one. He absolutely could win another term.

You sure? Biden won just the state of Penn by 80,000?

Look at what PIPEWRENCH posted:

He was arguing Trump was taking on the rich and now you are saying that rich shouldn't be taken on, so who is right, you or PIPEWRENCH?

Bezos treats his workers like robots:

Why can't he treat his workers better?

Also guys like Epstein used their wealth to get away with murder.

Frankly their wealth is a threat to the freedom of others, they use their wealth to rig the system in their favor.

To a point, both of us. We are a capitalist nation and most who do not inherit wealth do not start out in life as wealthy. However successful business often leads to wealth. Most wealthy business men and women re-invest that wealth. That's why we are an economic superpower. Having said that, are their rich individuals or companies who are a threat? Certainly there are. George Soros is the biggest single example of that. Lately Twitter and Facebook are further examples. I consider them a threat to the First Amendment. I also consider those wealthy individuals who for all practical purposes own politicians in both parties as a threat. Again Soros is the worst. He pretty much owns the democrat party. Yes, I think the wealthy who own politicians should be taken on....just not the rich in general. Class warfare is politically motivated and unproductive.

To a point, both of us. We are a capitalist nation and most who do not inherit wealth do not start out in life as wealthy. However successful business often leads to wealth. Most wealthy business men and women re-invest that wealth. That's why we are an economic superpower. Having said that, are their rich individuals or companies who are a threat? Certainly there are. George Soros is the biggest single example of that. Lately Twitter and Facebook are further examples. I consider them a threat to the First Amendment. I also consider those wealthy individuals who for all practical purposes own politicians in both parties as a threat. Again Soros is the worst. He pretty much owns the democrat party. Yes, I think the wealthy who own politicians should be taken on....just not the rich in general. Class warfare is politically motivated and unproductive.

This seems very nakedly partisan to me Soros is a liberal billionaire, so he is bad, Charles Koch is a conservative billionaire so he is good. Whether the rich are good or bad to you, seems to based solely on partisan concerns, you guys only believe in your free market absolutism when the market does things you like, if the free market does something you do not like, you complain endlessly. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

You guys will just whine about Big tech to feel sorry for yourself, but you don't want to actually do anything about those companies like break them up.

Class warfare exists whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Why wouldn't rich people want to use their wealth to own politicians? It is in their class interests to do so, thinking you can have billionaires and not have them use their wealth to rig the system is naive at best, their wealth is the thing that makes the system rigged in the first place.

Do you think Jeffrey Epstein would have gotten a slap on the wrist if he was a bus driver rather then a hedge fund manager?

Last edited:
This seems very nakedly partisan to me Soros is a liberal billionaire, so he is bad, Charles Koch is a conservative billionaire so he is good. Whether the rich are good or bad to you, seems to based solely on partisan concerns, you guys only believe in your free market absolutism when the market does things you like, if the free market does something you do not like, you complain endlessly. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

You guys will just whine about Big tech to feel sorry for yourself, but you don't want to actually do anything about those companies like break them up.

Class warfare exists whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

You are assuming things about me that you obviously do not know. I am not a fan of the Koch brothers either, and I do not really consider them as mainstream conservatives. And they actually hedge their bets and donate to both parties. And as I recall, during the 2016 primary season, they openly threated to tank Trump's chances Soros is just the biggest example. At least the Kochs as far as i know do not contribute to ANTIFA, BLM, or any similar group. However my point was referring to wealthy individuals who own politicians, which is the case with most establishment politicians in either party. One of my reasons for supporting Trump is that he is not owned by anyone other then his own finances and individual donors, like myself. Yes, class warfare does exist, however only as a political weapon used by the democrat party. What the useful idiots who support that party do not understand is that it's phony. Democrats have absolutely no problem with wealthy individuals, as it is wealthy individuals that keep them in power.

You are assuming things about me that you obviously do not know. I am not a fan of the Koch brothers either, and I do not really consider them as mainstream conservatives. And they actually hedge their bets and donate to both parties. And as I recall, during the 2016 primary season, they openly threated to tank Trump's chances Soros is just the biggest example. At least the Kochs as far as i know do not contribute to ANTIFA, BLM, or any similar group. However my point was referring to wealthy individuals who own politicians, which is the case with most establishment politicians in either party. One of my reasons for supporting Trump is that he is not owned by anyone other then his own finances and individual donors, like myself. Yes, class warfare does exist, however only as a political weapon used by the democrat party. What the useful idiots who support that party do not understand is that it's phony. Democrats have absolutely no problem with wealthy individuals, as it is wealthy individuals that keep them in power.

Fine, what about the Mercer Family or Sheldon Aldsen, were they good or bad wealthy elites?

And Trump's tax cuts did help wealthy elites like Bezos get more money so they rig the system and continue to treat their workers like crap.

Trump was buddies with guys like Jeff Epstein and Alex Acosta who served in Trump's cabinet was the one who gave Epstein a slap on the wrist in 2008.

Trump did favors for his buddies all the time in office:

Except I am a leftist, not a Democrat, I have no use for Bill Clinton third way neo liberalism, Bill Clinton was another Epstein buddy and he got rid of Glass Steagall, I am no neo liberal.

Bernie was the one who have fought hardest for the working class and he was screwed over. You guys claim to be anti elitist, but your policies are designed to help the elites.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom