• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Compton ambush leaves 2 LA County sheriff's deputies fighting for their lives

and the idea should be to limit access as much as possible. VIOLENCE will always be with us, it’s about stymieing someone’s ability to turn a bad situation into a mass shooting.

Do you want bomb violence everywhere? What do you think people who want to hurt lots of people will do if they can't get a gun? It's easier to make a bomb than a gun. Just look at The Troubles.

Yeah! Why bother discussing dealing with an issue when you can just be mad about the issue!

Conservatives, everybody!

The "issue" is that BLM and their enablers have once again fueled hatred in America to the point where cops just sitting in their car are getting shot. If the idea of the movement is to get people to believe that there is an inherent and ubiquitous ant-black sentiment in policing then maybe shooting cops in the head and protesting their treatmeent isn't the best way to go about that. If, on the other hand, your goal is to start a war with the police then maybe these "protesters" are heading in the right direction.

And I'll tell you one more time. That depends on how the weapon was obtained.

Answered this already. Illegally. I accept your concession

Do you want bomb violence everywhere? What do you think people who want to hurt lots of people will do if they can't get a gun? It's easier to make a bomb than a gun. Just look at The Troubles.

No it’s not.

I do not want anyone hurt. I don’t know what’s wrong with you that you feel otherwise, and my posts on this issue are so obvious and meant to highlight how you don’t care about *any* human bodies in any of these scenarios. Cops live to shoot or be shot so they can be martyrs for you. Black people are meant to be shot so you can feel good about ‘criminals getting what’s coming to them.”

Miss me with what you are supposed to believe. Conservatives believe in ****.

YOu guys get *thrilled* at stories like this. You love it.

You’re projecting here. You gleefully glom onto any police shooting and care about only one thing, the race of the person shot because it strokes your police hate. You don’t care about black people anymore than you care about these two deputies (do I need to remind you what you said about the relative value of police lives?). If you had real concern you’d recognize the danger to the people you supposedly care about in wanting them to believe their lives are in serious, imminent danger anytime they have contact with police.

The shooter looks like a kid. We need stricter gun laws.

1. Cali already has very strict gun laws.

2. do you really honestly think that someone willing to do this would give a darn about gun laws? That he would go "oh, hey, I'd like to shoot some cops, but these danged gun laws make it illegal for me to get a gun. Oh well, there goes that plan, I guess I'll go help out at the local soup kitchen instead"

The shooter looks like a kid. We need stricter gun laws.

I'd say we need fewer protests and politicians calling the police "murderers"

You’re projecting here. You gleefully glom onto any police shooting and care about only one thing, the race of the person shot because it strokes your police hate. You don’t care about black people anymore than you care about these two deputies (do I need to remind you what you said about the relative value of police lives?). If you had real concern you’d recognize the danger to the people you supposedly care about in wanting them to believe their lives are in serious, imminent danger anytime they have contact with police.

I don’t want them to believe that, they do. And I believe them because data and history, ancient and recent, back them up.

It was obtained illegally. What gun laws would have prevented this? It was already illegal.

All crimes are illegal and no crime that actually happened was stopped by a law, yes. What exactly do you think this adds to the discussion?

No one butyou knows how the firearm was obtained huh? I accept your concession.

It was obtained illegally, as the shooter is reportedly underage.

1. Cali already has very strict gun laws.

2. do you really honestly think that someone willing to do this would give a darn about gun laws? That he would go "oh, hey, I'd like to shoot some cops, but these danged gun laws make it illegal for me to get a gun. Oh well, there goes that plan, I guess I'll go help out at the local soup kitchen instead"

Although you're a genius, this is a dumb comment.

All crimes are illegal and no crime that actually happened was stopped by a law, yes. What exactly do you think this adds to the discussion?

It shows that whatever new gun law you are proposing is meaningless and would not have stopped this, so proposing a stricter law that only affects law abiding citizens is moronic.

The "issue" is that BLM and their enablers have once again fueled hatred in America to the point where cops just sitting in their car are getting shot. If the idea of the movement is to get people to believe that there is an inherent and ubiquitous ant-black sentiment in policing then maybe shooting cops in the head and protesting their treatmeent isn't the best way to go about that. If, on the other hand, your goal is to start a war with the police then maybe these "protesters" are heading in the right direction.

I'm not going to listen to a guy whose goal is to kill Jews. If your goal is law and order, maybe having your militia buddies attack synagogues isn't the best way to go about it.

It shows that whatever new gun law you are proposing is meaningless and would not have stopped this, so proposing a stricter law that only affects law abiding citizens is moronic.

We definitely shouldn't have laws at all, then. Why make murder illegal, 100% of murders in the US were not stopped by laws against murder.

Although you're a genius, this is a dumb comment.

Yet you can't manage to muster up an actual response to the points that I made, rather, just personal insults. What does that say about you?

You know where the shooter got the gun already? Amazing. Most of the world doesn't even know who the shooter was.

The chances they obtained the gun illegally is about 90%.
CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the country besides NY.

so your gun law arguments just got destroyed.

We definitely shouldn't have laws at all, then. Why make murder illegal, 100% of murders in the US were not stopped by laws against murder.

Non sequitur.

Stricter gun laws can make it harder to actually acquire the weapon. HTH

CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. more than likely this gun was not bought at a gun shop but was obtained illegally.
more than likely this is gang related etc ... CA has enough gangs running around with weapons.

So you gun law argument just got destroyed.

criminals don't give a **** about your laws. that is why they are criminals.

Back
Top Bottom