• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College mulls renaming building after pro-Hitler comments

Surely you are not being serious. Alright, let's do a history refresher course. Which political party led the Southern States to secede over the issue of maintaining slavery?

And after the South lost the Civil War, which political party enacted the Jim Crow racial segregation laws when they attained power in Southern state legislatures?
The Democratic Party of the Nineteenth Century had a completely different ideological view than today. I find it more damning when people or parties don't change or as the Republicans have done -- go from believing in democracy to believing in autocracy.

The Democratic Party of the Nineteenth Century had a completely different ideological view than today. I find it more damning when people or parties don't change or as the Republicans have done -- go from believing in democracy to believing in autocracy.

But you would never go so far as to say that Democrats have never been prejudiced or anti-choice, MTAtech?

Surely you are not being serious. Alright, let's do a history refresher course. Which political party led the Southern States to secede over the issue of maintaining slavery?

And after the South lost the Civil War, which political party enacted the Jim Crow racial segregation laws when they attained power in Southern state legislatures?

I am being dead serious. There is no reason to tell me I am wrong without undeniable proof from totally unbiased historical sources. Failure to show me that is an admission you are lying just to attack me for being a Democrat. That is what conservatives do every day. I have always welcomed proof I am wrong since I registered as Blue Donkey more than two years ago, but nobody ever thought about looking for it. That is how I know people lie when they make claims that are the opposite of mine.

Oh and by the way, questions are not answers. You fail on two counts there.

tries to defeat an absolute.....by painting all 19th century Dems as southern conservatives.

Whew lardy.

But you would never go so far as to say that Democrats have never been prejudiced or anti-choice, MTAtech?
LOL....but you did try to paint them all with the same brush....

I am being dead serious. There is no reason to tell me I am wrong without undeniable proof from totally unbiased historical sources. Failure to show me that is an admission you are lying just to attack me for being a Democrat. That is what conservatives do every day. I have always welcomed proof I am wrong since I registered as Blue Donkey more than two years ago.

You made the claim that Democrats, as a whole, have never been prejudiced or anti-choice.

Do you believe that Southern Democrats defending slavery of black people to the point that they were willing to start a Civil War to secede was not prejudiced?

Do you believe that Southern Democrats instituting racial segregation in the South was not prejudiced?

Or do you just not consider those Democrats to have been "real" Democrats? Or perhaps you are not native to the United States and know little to nothing about America's political history?

Last edited:
tries to defeat an absolute.....by painting all 19th century Dems as southern conservatives.

Whew lardy.

I will make an exception for the Northern War Democrats. They were decent blokes.

damned if they do, damned if they don't....

I'm against erasing people's names off of organizations which contribute to the public good after it is determined that the founder's views do not correspond to the most up-to-date standards of appropriateness.

I will make an exception for the Northern War Democrats. They were decent blokes.
did it become too unwieldy?

857892114be2239757930def7c8c2d79.jpg

did it become too unwieldy?

857892114be2239757930def7c8c2d79.jpg

Perhaps you should pry it from the hands of @Patriotic Voter, Gimmesometruth. She is the one who seems to believe that every individual Democrat has always been on the side of righteousness since the time of their Party's founding.

I'm against erasing people's names off of organizations which contribute to the public good after it is determined that the founder's views do not correspond to the most up-to-date standards of appropriateness.
Isn't that a determination the org makes? Who made you THE arbiter?

Perhaps you should pry it from the hands of @Patriotic Voter, Gimmesometruth. She is the one who seems to believe that every individual Democrat has always been on the side of righteousness since the time of their Party's founding.
I clearly pointed out YOUR ironic painting with a broad bush to her broad brush......which you finally recognized.

I'll let it go....if you will.

The only people who bring up Alex Jones are leftist progs. I've never seen a conservative bring him up in any conversation
On the contrary, there are conservatives here that have linked to his website, and promoted his conspircy theories

Would that one day, some day, maybe, just maybe you could do the same. 👍
your posts aren't hidden or anything.

and i'm glad for that. everyone can see who you are.

You made the claim that Democrats, as a whole, have never been prejudiced or anti-choice.

Do you believe that Southern Democrats defending slavery of black people to the point that they were willing to start a Civil War to secede was not prejudiced?

Do you believe that Southern Democrats instituting racial segregation in the South was not prejudiced?

Or do you just not consider those Democrats to have been "real" Democrats? Or perhaps you are not native to the United States and know little to nothing about America's political history?

Nothing you say matters without undeniable proof from totally unbiased sources that I am wrong. That is how it works.

Which means little since you are not a member of PP.

This is a small debate site with a few thousand active members. Unless one of us happens to be a head of state, or a legislator, or the leader of a major governmental department, very little that is stated here or opined on really matters all that much.

You display a certain tone.....my opinion is that it is faulty, needs to be taken down a notch or two.

It is difficult to take a faulty tone down a notch or two. Have you ever tried?

Last edited:
your posts aren't hidden or anything.

and i'm glad for that. everyone can see who you are.
My posts aren't.... hidden??? People can see them???

Maybe I should repeat my thoughts about this thread and the OP:

Maybe they should mull shutting the college down completely given all the positive statements their first college president made in favor of higher education.
What a stupid crock of senseless leftist inanity.

Back
Top Bottom