• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College mulls renaming building after pro-Hitler comments

Margaret Sanger supported the same thing and the leftist progressives absolutely LOVE her

That is a lie. Margaret Sanger was always anti-choice and prejudiced: the opposite of what Democrats have always been.

Two years ago, the decision was made by Planned Parenthood New York to remove all references to Margaret Sanger.

“I abominate Hitler’s general policies, but if I am correctly informed in regard to his campaign for sterilization of the unfit, I prophesy that Germany will do more for the uplift of her society in the next 50 years through sterilization, than we have done in 85 years through public education.”

The move comes as universities around the country are renaming buildings to remove names of people tied to slavery, segregation, white supremacy or the Confederacy."

I'd say they have to.
Cool ***** eugenecists. Mass murdering sons of bitches.

That decision was written by progressive hero Oliver Wendell Holmes, and his reasoning holds up perfectly well with how modern leftists think:

This is pure collectivism: the state must violate individual rights for the common good.

It's a curious way to describe Mr. Trump.

The vote was 8-1, btw. Holmes was hardly alone.

“I abominate Hitler’s general policies, but if I am correctly informed in regard to his campaign for sterilization of the unfit, I prophesy that Germany will do more for the uplift of her society in the next 50 years through sterilization, than we have done in 85 years through public education.”

The move comes as universities around the country are renaming buildings to remove names of people tied to slavery, segregation, white supremacy or the Confederacy."

I'd say they have to.

I mean, I'm not against this, but they might consider that the list for that offense is loooooong and decidedly progressive flavored.

It was the stink of the pervasive Progressive love for Hitler in the 1930s that forced the Progressive movement to change their name to "liberal" after the war.

Margaret Sanger supported the same thing and the leftist progs absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her
The only people who bring up her are conservatives. I have never seen a leftist prog bring her up in any conversation

I mean, I'm not against this, but they might consider that the list for that offense is loooooong and decidedly progressive flavored.

It was the stink of the pervasive Progressive love for Hitler in the 1930s that forced the Progressive movement to change their name to "liberal" after the war.

Henry Ford loved Hilter, I would not consider him a progressive, certainly not libertarian

Eugenics may have been a Progressive idea, but it's appeal was hardly limited to progressives. It merely leant a scientific justification to age old bigotry.

The only people who bring up her are conservatives. I have never seen a leftist prog bring her up in any conversation
The only people who bring up Alex Jones are leftist progs. I've never seen a conservative bring him up in any conversation

Margaret Sanger was amazing. Way ahead of her time in matters of sexuality, and was willing to go to great lengths to help women with birth control. Her interest in eugenics is unfortunate, but she never adovacted for laws to enforce it.

The only people who bring up Alex Jones are leftist progs. I've never seen a conservative bring him up in any conversation

"Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down.” Donald Trump to Alex Jones.

Henry Ford loved Hilter, I would not consider him a progressive, certainly not libertarian

Why wouldn't you? Whether or not Henry Ford supported the Eugenics movement I don't know, but it really doesn't matter one way or another.

But rather than argue annecdotes, consider that the the Progressive movement is responsible for Eugenics and forced sterilizations of the early to mid 1900s. They operated under the false pseudoscientific belief that criminal behavior and poverty were genetic, and believed that the best solution to poverty is that poor people not procreate (sound familiar?). It was the Progressive Eugenics movement and their bastardized Scientism that inspired Adolf Hitler in his plans for fixing Germany by purging the gene pool of what he saw as bad genetic traits.

Why wouldn't you? Whether or not Henry Ford supported the Eugenics movement I don't know, but it really doesn't matter one way or another.

But rather than argue annecdotes, consider that the the Progressive movement is responsible for Eugenics and forced sterilizations of the early to mid 1900s. They operated under the false pseudoscientific belief that criminal behavior and poverty were genetic, and believed that the best solution to poverty is that poor people not procreate (sound familiar?). It was the Progressive Eugenics movement and their bastardized Scientism that inspired Adolf Hitler in his plans for fixing Germany by purging the gene pool of what he saw as bad genetic traits.

It simply gave a scientific facade to racism which had already been embraced for generations by most all whites, progressive or not.

Today, Trump embraces it. And indeed, most progressives were Republicans.

Eugenics may have been a Progressive idea, but it's appeal was hardly limited to progressives. It merely leant a scientific justification to age old bigotry.

Progressivism of the early 1900s believed in Eugenics because they saw poverty and criminality as genetic traits, they believed that they could end poverty by preventing the procreation of poor people.

I'd argue their is slim difference between the Eugenics Progressives and the Pro-Abortion progressives.. their stated goals are practically identical.

It simply gave a scientific facade to racism which had already been embraced for generations by most all whites, progressive or not.

Today, Trump embraces it.

It wasn't just racism. They believed that poverty and criminality were genetic problems. But you are correct that Planned Parenthood, long the darling of Progressives, focused their efforts on poor minority populations, and still do!

That is a lie. Margaret Sanger was always anti-choice and prejudiced: the opposite of what Democrats have always been.

Would you like an opportunity to retract that ahistorical assertion, Patriotic Voter?

I started this thread to see who would say about what you just said.

Bravo.
Balderdash.

Your threads are nothing but incomprehensible gobbledygook which points are so cryptic even you can't articulate them.

And when someone questions them, it gives you an opportunity to conjure something up, spur of the moment, that you hope others will find somehow inventive and astute - exactly like you did here.

Only no one, save yourself and maybe a handful of sycophantic followers find them other than what they actually are:

Balderdash.

Progressivism of the early 1900s believed in Eugenics because they saw poverty and criminality as genetic traits, they believed that they could end poverty by preventing the procreation of poor people.

I'd argue their is slim difference between the Eugenics Progressives and the Pro-Abortion progressives.. their stated goals are practically identical.

Its a curious way to describe Donald Trump.

Whike it is difficult to see a connection between one believing that a woman has fundamental right to control her own body and eugenics, the similarity between eugenicists and conservatives who feel that the problem for blacks is that, as a group, they make inferior choices to whites is hard to ignore.

Last edited:
Balderdash.

Your threads are nothing but incomprehensible gobbledygook which points are so cryptic even you can't articulate them.

And when someone questions them, it gives you an opportunity to conjure something up, spur of the moment, that you hope others will find somehow inventive and astute - exactly like you did here.

Only no one, save yourself and maybe a handful of sycophantic followers find them other than what they actually are:

Balderdash.
you and that planned parenthood chick appear to be on the same side.
LOL - talk about proving my point. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It wasn't just racism. They believed that poverty and criminality were genetic problems. But you are correct that Planned Parenthood, long the darling of Progressives, focused their efforts on poor minority populations, and still do!

Time-out for some facts:

"Her attitude toward African-Americans can certainly be viewed as paternalistic, but there is no evidence she subscribed to the more racist ideas of the time or that she coerced black women into using birth control. In fact, for her time, as the Washington Post noted, "she would likely be considered to have advanced views on race relations."

Are most of Planned Parenthood's clinics in black neighborhoods?

In 2014, the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive health research center, surveyed all known abortion providers, including Planned Parenthood clinics, in the U.S. (nearly 2,000) and found that 60 percent are in majority-white neighborhoods.

Planned Parenthood has not released numbers on the neighborhoods of its specific clinics, but responding to a request for demographic information, the organization said that in 2013, 14 percent of its patients nationwide were black. That's nearly equal to the proportion of the African-American population in the U.S."

Link

Would you like an opportunity to retract that ahistorical assertion, Patriotic Voter?

If you can prove me wrong with completely unbiased sources that only exist to present historical facts, I will.

If you can prove me wrong with completely unbiased sources that only exist to present historical facts, I will.

Surely you are not being serious. Alright, let's do a history refresher course. Which political party led the Southern States to secede over the issue of maintaining slavery?

And after the South lost the Civil War, which political party enacted the Jim Crow racial segregation laws when they attained power in Southern state legislatures?

Back
Top Bottom