• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Football![W: 749]

molten_dragon

Anti-Hypocrite
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
College football season starts tomorrow (yes, I know there was one game played last night, and another couple today, but the majority are tomorrow). Is anyone else as excited as I am? I can't wait to see the Michigan-Alabama game. Should be a great start to the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
College Football!

I'm excited! I'll be watching Boise State vs. Michigan State tonight. Go Big Blue!

And Go PENN STATE!!! I think a great season is in store for my Nittany Lions.

Re: College Football!

The local boys here are in the top 5, and are playing a patsy tomorrow at home.

Should make for some great tailgating.

Looking for another trip to the Rose Bowl for my Badgers. Now if we can just win the damn thing if we get there.

Looking for another trip to the Rose Bowl for my Badgers. Now if we can just win the damn thing if we get there.

"Badgers? We don't need no stinkin Badgers!".

I only care about one game, and that's not till November. Just can't get into the college game.

Aren't you the only team in the Big 10 that's not on probation?

By the way, has anyone informed you guys that 6 plus 6 equals 12, not 10?

College Football!

Boise State loses a close one to Michigan State! Great game. Good job on giving it your all Big Blue, and Congratulations Michigan State!

Don't strain yourself boss. You'll give yourself an aneurysm if you keep trying simple arithmetic like that.

Boise State loses a close one to Michigan State! Great game. Good job on giving it your all Big Blue, and Congratulations Michigan State!

Great job Le'Vean Bell in having more offense by yourself than the entire Boise State team!

And Go PENN STATE!!! I think a great season is in store for my Nittany Lions.

I really doubt that. Their program will be crippled for several years due to the NCAA sanctions handed down.

No, nobody has ever mentioned that, ever. I'm going to notify Jim Delaney at once.

College Football!

I really doubt that. Their program will be crippled for several years due to the NCAA sanctions handed down.

Maybe the next few coming seasons, with the scholarship cuts. But this season they'll be good. They only lost one significant starter to transfer (Silas Redd). Penn State was 9-4 last season (including their bowl game). With their schedule, they're going to be better than that this season.

After last night, I'm convinced that Michigan State cannot compete for the Big 10 title. Truth be told, that should've been a rout. Boise State lost a lot of pieces, and obviously the most important piece was Kellen Moore, the winningest quarterback in D-1 history. It's a program that's built itself up to respectable status, but this is a pure rebuilding year, and the fact that they were ranked preseason was a sadistic joke.

I'll be watching Michigan/Alabama with my family tonight, although I'll be in a different room because they'll make me sick with all their crimson tide clothing on, and I don't think they want to see me in head-to-toe maize and blue.

After last night, I'm convinced that Michigan State cannot compete for the Big 10 title. Truth be told, that should've been a rout. Boise State lost a lot of pieces, and obviously the most important piece was Kellen Moore, the winningest quarterback in D-1 history. It's a program that's built itself up to respectable status, but this is a pure rebuilding year, and the fact that they were ranked preseason was a sadistic joke.

I agree, but MSU lost a fine QB as well. They won't win the Big Ten this year, because I didn't see anything that tells me their QB is ready to beat people throwing. The D lines in the Big Ten will be better than Boise St. Bell is good, but he won't go for 200 unless they play Indiana.

I'll be watching Michigan/Alabama with my family tonight, although I'll be in a different room because they'll make me sick with all their crimson tide clothing on, and I don't think they want to see me in head-to-toe maize and blue.

I will be watching the game with my brother in law, who loved 'Bama so much that is what he named his dog.

You got to go through Michigan to get there :)

"Badgers? We don't need no stinkin Badgers!".

Sure we do, we (UM) have to play (and beat) someone for the big ten title

Just OSU and Penn State, so for this season at least it is the Big 10, and the hobbled two.

Roll Tide!
go blue!!!!!!!!

What Randel said: GO BLUE!!

I am eager for the Michigan/Bama game to get started, but I do have a bit of trepidation over this one. Although a die hard Wolverine, I have to be realistic and not expect them to win (it will be a nice bonus when they do though :)). A good game to get their season started is what I am hoping for, this is a great test to really see how this program is coming along under Hoke, and it is going to set the tone for their season (even a loss here can be a good start if they are able to at least hang in there with the defending Nat. champs). No Toussaint for MI though, which makes Bama's job of defending less complicated. The Bama defense is going to be keying in extra HARD on Robinson.

You got to go through Michigan to get there :)

If I recall correctly, last time we went through you with 26 straight running plays to finish the game.

If I recall correctly, last time we went through you with 26 straight running plays to finish the game.

Was that Michigan or Michigan State? If it is Michigan, then that would have to be a reference to at least 4 years and three coaches (or more) in the past.

Edit: When I refer to having to go through Michigan, I mean the school not the state.

Early in the 4th quarter, and Penn State is losing to Ohio University.

I think my original prediction of 3-9 for Penn State this year may have been optimistic. Ah well, I can still chuckle at the thought of The Man saying they'll go 11-1 this year.

Ouch. Penn State loses to OHIO.

Looks like PSU won't have to worry about that bowl ban.

College Football!

Early in the 4th quarter, and Penn State is losing to Ohio University.

I think my original prediction of 3-9 for Penn State this year may have been optimistic. Ah well, I can still chuckle at the thought of The Man saying they'll go 11-1 this year.

Ok maybe I was wrong. :(

I still think Penn State is going to have a good year though. I like the fact that they showed a diverse offense for the first time in 50 years. They just need to work on the execution.

Congrats to Ohio. They are a good team.

Back
Top Bottom