• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

College Football![W: 749] (2 Viewers)

Re: College Football!

Maybe the next few coming seasons, with the scholarship cuts. But this season they'll be good. They only lost one significant starter to transfer (Silas Redd). Penn State was 9-4 last season (including their bowl game). With their schedule, they're going to be better than that this season.

Nope, I think my prediction was pretty much spot on for this season.

Ok maybe I was wrong. :(

I still think Penn State is going to have a good year though. I like the fact that they showed a nice, diverse offense for the first time in 50 years. They just need to work on the execution.

Congrats to Ohio. They are a good team.

Penn State is going to have a horrendous year. Penn State scandal: Where things stand – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

More criminal trials.

Civil trials.

Their insurer probably pulling out on them leaving the University to cover the cost of those civil trials.

Possible fines under the Clery act.

Very possible loss of accreditation, which would mean "he loss of eligibility for federal student aid programs, guaranteed student loans, federal research grants and could lose eligibility for state aid."

Even if the football team won every game(it won't), it would still be a terrible year for Penn State.

What Randel said: GO BLUE!!

I am eager for the Michigan/Bama game to get started, but I do have a bit of trepidation over this one. Although a die hard Wolverine, I have to be realistic and not expect them to win (it will be a nice bonus when they do though :)). A good game to get their season started is what I am hoping for, this is a great test to really see how this program is coming along under Hoke, and it is going to set the tone for their season (even a loss here can be a good start if they are able to at least hang in there with the defending Nat. champs). No Toussaint for MI though, which makes Bama's job of defending less complicated. The Bama defense is going to be keying in extra HARD on Robinson.

I too am trying not to get my hopes up too much. Michigan is definitely the underdog in this game. It sucks that Toussaint won't be playing, but I have to give Hoke some credit for doing it. After all of the crap we've seen in the Big Ten the last few years, it's good to see someone doing the right thing.

College Football!

Penn State is going to have a horrendous year. Penn State scandal: Where things stand – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

More criminal trials.

Civil trials.

Their insurer probably pulling out on them leaving the University to cover the cost of those civil trials.

Possible fines under the Clery act.

Very possible loss of accreditation, which would mean "he loss of eligibility for federal student aid programs, guaranteed student loans, federal research grants and could lose eligibility for state aid."

Even if the football team won every game(it won't), it would still be a terrible year for Penn State.

We're talking football here on this thread, not the Sandusky scandal. If you want to talk about the Sandusky scandal, start a new thread. Thanks. :)

No more cooking channel TV! Its football season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I woke up this morning and kissed my wife goodbye for the rest of this year.

We're talking football here on this thread, not the Sandusky scandal. If you want to talk about the Sandusky scandal, start a new thread. Thanks. :)

This will all effect the football team. They do not play in a vacuum.

Have to get away from brother in law's gloating for a bit. Nothing worse than an excited Brit who is a 'Bama fan.

Aren't you the only team in the Big 10 that's not on probation?

By the way, has anyone informed you guys that 6 plus 6 equals 12, not 10?

That's why they call it THE BIG 10.

I am a Minnesota alum and a long suffering fan.

This year we might have the best QB in the Big 10.

Interesting year if there is enough weakness elsewhere, we might get lucky and make it to a minor Bowl.

**** redneck colleges....

I am a Minnesota alum and a long suffering fan.

This year we might have the best QB in the Big 10.

Interesting year if there is enough weakness elsewhere, we might get lucky and make it to a minor Bowl.

Yeah, as a Wisconsin alum, I think it's a shame about Minnesota. Our rivalry used to be so heated, I really don't understand what happened to the program. I expect things will turn around sooner or later, though.

Well, that first half was just embarrassing. Robinson was absolutely awful. The defense wasn't looking so hot either, though they seemed to finally be picking things up towards the end of the half. Tons of penalties, on both sides of the ball as well. And what the hell is up with the awful camera angles? I really hate football coverage on TV sometimes.

Also, what's up with the rule change for touchbacks this year?

Michigan's simply overmatched, too many athletes for Bama. Yeldon looks like an absolute stud.

Michigan's simply overmatched, too many athletes for Bama.

Somewhat, though Michigan certainly isn't living up to their potential. They could be playing much better than they are.

Boy this Auburn Clemson game is a doozy.

Well, Michigan didn't look great the 2nd half, but they at least looked better. The number of penalties during that game was unbelievable. 15 penalties for 140 years between the 2 teams?

Yeah, as a Wisconsin alum, I think it's a shame about Minnesota. Our rivalry used to be so heated, I really don't understand what happened to the program. I expect things will turn around sooner or later, though.

I went to Minnesota in the early 70's and the word on campus was that the anti-war tree hugging flower power administration had determined that a good football program meant bad academics. This is the kind of thing that still passes for logic on many campuses. Take any thesis, draw any unrelated conclusion and call it logic.

Anyway, the last of the glory days for football at Minnesota passed in the 60's. It seems like they were on the road to ending the program entirely when they allowed the old Memorial Stadium to fall to ruin. Anyone familiar with the program of the last 50 years is astonished to know that they have a pretty good record of championships in the Big 10 across history. Too bad it was laid to ruin by the Leaders of the Peoples Republic of Minnesota.

There was a brief revival when Glenn Mason was the Coach, but he was run off by a small minded University Head. I hope the new stadium will allow those who realize that excellence is a habit, not an applied exclusionary segregation of elitist bragging points, to once again grow a program of note.

Well, that first half was just embarrassing. Robinson was absolutely awful. The defense wasn't looking so hot either, though they seemed to finally be picking things up towards the end of the half. Tons of penalties, on both sides of the ball as well. And what the hell is up with the awful camera angles? I really hate football coverage on TV sometimes.

Also, what's up with the rule change for touchbacks this year?

"If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."- Molten Dragon's Sig Line

Love your sig line.

Somewhat, though Michigan certainly isn't living up to their potential. They could be playing much better than they are.
didnt have their top running back, or one of their top recievers, and breaking in 3 newbies on the d line.....didnt help losing blake countess at corner to injury either...just glad denard didnt break his shoulder trying to make that tackle after the interception.

I'm actually looking forward to Denard graduating and leaving the program now. Damn Hoke and Borges trying to make him a pocket passer. They gave that game away to Bama. Now granted, they were probably on pace to lose anyway even with the offense performing, but if you were going to play like that, don't even take the field, or at least put Gardner or the freshman in to start.

I just have to look forward to next year when the defense improves, Hoke gets a little more beef on the line of scrimmage (both sides), and we get one of the top QB prospects in the nation for 2013 to take the field.

I'm glad that Michigan still has a good chance at the Big 10 title this year, because the conference as a whole looks awful. Wisconsin barely escaped a scrub game. Nebraska had a very slow start, but it looks like Martinez is finally earning his stripes.

I'm actually looking forward to Denard graduating and leaving the program now. Damn Hoke and Borges trying to make him a pocket passer.

I definitely have to agree with you on this one. Every time I see him reach back to throw a long ball, I cringe.

Other than the 1st quarter, they at least looked decent. They were still outclassed, but not like the were in that first quarter.

I'm actually looking forward to Denard graduating and leaving the program now. Damn Hoke and Borges trying to make him a pocket passer. They gave that game away to Bama. Now granted, they were probably on pace to lose anyway even with the offense performing, but if you were going to play like that, don't even take the field, or at least put Gardner or the freshman in to start.

I just have to look forward to next year when the defense improves, Hoke gets a little more beef on the line of scrimmage (both sides), and we get one of the top QB prospects in the nation for 2013 to take the field.

I'm glad that Michigan still has a good chance at the Big 10 title this year, because the conference as a whole looks awful. Wisconsin barely escaped a scrub game. Nebraska had a very slow start, but it looks like Martinez is finally earning his stripes.

It is going to very interesting in the next few years see how this team comes around with Hoke's recruiting, the 2013 class appears to be stellar.

I also agree. Denard is out of his element as a pocket passer, granted he does make ****ty throws at times on the run, but it is him moving around that makes things happen and opens up the offense. He is a high risk high reward type player, and not appropriate for conservative play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom