• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cia warns: Isis coming...

I still cannot understand why ISIS' capital and nerve center, the city of Raqqa, has not been the target of heavy U.S. air attacks. In a single night, several hundred precisely placed bombs and cruise missiles could long ago have left the inhabitants of Raqqa--many of whom are sympathetic to these bastards and are letting them shelter among them--without any of the facilities and services modern life in a city depends on. And no weapons ISIS has would pose anything more than a negligible threat to B-2's flying at 40,000 feet on a moonless night. The sudden, thorough humiliation of having its center of power isolated in miserable conditions--left without electricity, working sewers, gas service, or running water, with road junctions and bridges destroyed and very little fuel for vehicles in any case, would be a terrific blow to the prestige ISIS depends on so heavily. Overnight, it would be exposed as a weak sister, unable to protect even its own capital. The whole world would see a vivid demonstration of how easily the U.S. can give curs like these a whipping when it wants to.

Speaking my language now and I don't have an answer for you except we are dong the best we can with what we have at this moment in time.

There is a lot of chatter about how this kind of killing and generally harassing populations might be hurting our claims to be superior and thus losing our war on Islam more than it is helping us combat terror, which in case you have not noticed is not going swimmingly. There was just a study out that the world is the most violent it has been in 30 years which cant be a good thing and for sure revolves around terror operations. I would like this government to show me some kind of evidence that this might work to help win the war on terror in spite of the fact that it has not worked to date.

Except for the claims of moral superiority drone attacks are terror operations, we might keep that somewhere in mind.

Of course Reagan.

Sorry but drone strikes are not harassment upon the general population.
And we're not fighting a war on Islam, we're fighting a war on nutjobs who are using "islam" as an excuse for every possible listed case of wrong behavior and making up some new ones while they're at it.
Anyone who hides behind ANY religion claiming they are justified to shed the blood of ordinary people who just don't happen to be members of their club deserves what they get. That's universal. I don't care if they call themselves islamic or not. I don't care if they refer to themselves as "christian knights of the Ku Klux Klan" or not.
Same fecal matter, different wrapper, and I endorse similar solutions for either, or both, and if you're married to em, or best buddies with em, you better get out of the way.

A lot of blood gets spilled in the name of false gods.
I don't give a rat's ass about feeling superior. We just have better machinery, and we're gonna use it.
It saves us having to send men and women in uniform, cheaper too!

And the violence studies are malarkey, because most of them involve research that ignores the violence coming FROM their end, it only tallies what we drop.

Sorry but drone strikes are not harassment upon the general population.
And we're not fighting a war on Islam, we're fighting a war on nutjobs who are using "islam" as an excuse for every possible listed case of wrong behavior and making up some new ones while they're at it.
Anyone who hides behind ANY religion claiming they are justified to shed the blood of ordinary people who just don't happen to be members of their club deserves what they get. That's universal. I don't care if they call themselves islamic or not. I don't care if they refer to themselves as "christian knights of the Ku Klux Klan" or not.
Same fecal matter, different wrapper, and I endorse similar solutions for either, or both, and if you're married to em, or best buddies with em, you better get out of the way.

A lot of blood gets spilled in the name of false gods.
I don't give a rat's ass about feeling superior. We just have better machinery, and we're gonna use it.
It saves us having to send men and women in uniform, cheaper too!

And the violence studies are malarkey, because most of them involve research that ignores the violence coming FROM their end, it only tallies what we drop.

Until Islam reforms and decides that no it does not actually need to force their values on everyone on this planet we are in a war with Islam whether we admit it to ourselves our not, and we damn well better win it.

Will Drone killings help win the war? Maybe

Has it Helped win some battles? Maybe, but that sure is not a safe bet.

By the way, did you know that being a drone operator is a really sucky ticket to PTSD?

A chilling new post-traumatic stress disorder: Why drone pilots are quitting in record numbers - Salon.com

CIA Director John Brennan tells the Senate Intelligence Committee that Islamic State militants are training and attempting to direct and inspire attacks against its foreign enemies, as in the recent attacks in Paris and Brussels, on Capitol Hill in Washington, on June 16.

Islamic State will intensify its global terrorism campaign by directing as well as inspiring attacks in the U.S. and elsewhere, despite its mounting territorial and financial losses in Syria and Iraq, CIA Director John Brennan said.

The organization “will probably rely more on guerrilla tactics,” such as the attacks in Paris and Brussels in the past year that were directed by its leadership, Brennan told the Senate Intelligence Committee at a hearing on Thursday. It will also seek to inspire more attacks similar to those in San Bernardino, California, in December and in Orlando, Florida, this week, he said.

CIA Chief Says Islamic State Plans to Intensify Attacks - Bloomberg

And water is wet. Kinda obvious no? Anyone who has read a history book would have predicted this..

And water is wet. Kinda obvious no? Anyone who has read a history book would have predicted this..

Did you predict this? I don't recall that post. Perhaps you could link to it. And if one of the ways this wave of attackers get into Western countries is to blend in with refugees, does it not make sense to limit who emigrates?

Speaking my language now and I don't have an answer for you except we are dong the best we can with what we have at this moment in time.

I don't believe we are. President Pinprick's efforts against ISIS have been half-hearted at best. Mosul and possibly Fallujah should have been given the same treatment I suggested for Raqqa, and in each case it should have been done two years ago. I'm very sure the people in those cities would stop harboring the jihadists, if we made it costly enough.

Did you predict this? I don't recall that post. Perhaps you could link to it. And if one of the ways this wave of attackers get into Western countries is to blend in with refugees, does it not make sense to limit who emigrates?

Okay first off, there has no attacks by new refugees coming from Syria... yet.

Secondly where you alive in the 1970s, 80s and 90s? There were more attacks then, than now and of the attacks now, a huge majority have been done by domestic terrorists, not by so called "refugees" or outsiders.

And lets be clear... any idiot could see that what is going on in the Middle East, thanks to Bush Jr... would cause these problems. Power vacuums always makes brutal warlords rise up ... time and time again you see this in history, so why on earth should it be a surprise that it happened yet again?

Obama set out to radically change the face of America to that of a melting pot of many Middle East countries bring their religions with them. He is not a Christian. He is a Muslim.

Obama set out to radically change the face of America to that of a melting pot of many Middle East countries bring their religions with them. He is not a Christian. He is a Muslim.

:roll:

No he doesn't.

There are a lot of good kids out there.

I think you are the one with the soft mind giving in to all the negative suggestions.

Sure there are a lot of good kids, but a lot of others, with their minds poisoned by liberal BS.

Liberals are the rot and cancer on the body of what used to be the most magnificent place on earth not so long ago.

Consistent with this diagnosis, they like the totalitarian systems the way children like being told what to do to feel safe and secure.

Now that their beloved communism is dead, they fell in love with the newest form of fascism - islamism.

The big daddy syndrome.

Yep, they can't stand on their own...liberals need a Nanny or a Daddy to lead them by the nose!

CUE hysteria from the right in 3-2-1...
ISIS will be marching down Wilshire Blvd with tanks, camels, car bombers and WMD's any minute now, grab yer gunz, boyz!!!

The hysteria is all yours and your denial .....and failure .......to accept the sworn testimony of the CIA Chief.......is nothing short of pathetic.

That doesn't excuse the cavalier attitude about violence coming to America that affects innocent women and children...

Nothing cavalier about it....see above!!

We lost 14 Americans in San bernardino and 49 in Orlando. The violence is already here. Time to take the violence to radical Islam and terrorize them.

Yes!

Right you are. Brennan states the obvious. Of course ISIS and other religious loonies, some American non-Islamic loonies, will attempt to attack Americans using guerrilla tactics. What other tactics are available to a smaller, less technically capable, underfunded opponent? We all wish there would be no real threat of attacks, but does anyone believe that there aren't threats? Well, OK, this information may be news to Mickey and a few others.

Brennan is no doubt correct but there's no revelation in what he has said.

It has to be to so many....just look at the denials from liberals right here!

I've been saying it for decades and I posted it to show the libs here, what a damn liar their hero really is!
The inept, weak, dunce ...that they voted into office!!!

Uh, we've been doing that to them for decades. :roll: You might not have noticed that when you were in-country. :shock:

And they started it centuries ago and we are still at war....with Islamic fanatics! It's a Life Long endeavor and the Left refuses to face that fact!

I would go further. B. Hussein Obama is a damned liar--period.

Damn straight!

We are playing whack-a-mole with drones. Not really solving our problem.

Exactly!

Brennan "contradicted" Obama. IOW, he called Obama a liar.

Yes he did....because obama IS a LIAR!

Last edited:
Mickey is trying to claim that liberals are denying that ISIS is stepping up its terrorism game (an inevitable step when its main goal, a Middle Eastern caliphate, is getting bombed to smithereens). I haven't seen one person deny this.

Are there invisible posters making these incorporeal posts denying that ISIS wants to kill people?

I still cannot understand why ISIS' capital and nerve center, the city of Raqqa, has not been the target of heavy U.S. air attacks. In a single night, several hundred precisely placed bombs and cruise missiles could long ago have left the inhabitants of Raqqa--many of whom are sympathetic to these bastards and are letting them shelter among them--without any of the facilities and services modern life in a city depends on. And no weapons ISIS has would pose anything more than a negligible threat to B-2's flying at 40,000 feet on a moonless night. The sudden, thorough humiliation of having its center of power isolated in miserable conditions--left without electricity, working sewers, gas service, or running water, with road junctions and bridges destroyed and very little fuel for vehicles in any case, would be a terrific blow to the prestige ISIS depends on so heavily. Overnight, it would be exposed as a weak sister, unable to protect even its own capital. The whole world would see a vivid demonstration of how easily the U.S. can give curs like these a whipping when it wants to.

Civilian casualties. Bad pr. The a successful thing that worked was bombing the trucks bootlegging oil working for ISIL. But Obama apparently has stopped going after their wallets.

clearly we can stop isis if we all turn in our guns to the government which has done a great job defeating isis. civil war is coming to this country, the silver lining is that isis might do most of the work.

Mickey is trying to claim that liberals are denying that ISIS is stepping up its terrorism game (an inevitable step when its main goal, a Middle Eastern caliphate, is getting bombed to smithereens). I haven't seen one person deny this.

Are there invisible posters making these incorporeal posts denying that ISIS wants to kill people?

Speaking for myself, I am saying the liberals are stuck in the incoherent and indecisive chaos that their leader, Obama, calls a foreign policy.

Civilian casualties. Bad pr. The a successful thing that worked was bombing the trucks bootlegging oil working for ISIL. But Obama apparently has stopped going after their wallets.

I am not particularly concerned with whether this country makes Muslims somewhere pouty by killing some of them in the course of attacking military targets. The U.S. and British forces killed about 40,000 French civilians in the course of driving out the Germans after D-Day, and no one questions that. The people in this case are much less sympathetic, because many of them are harboring and collaborating with the jihadists. Do what is militarily necessary, and stop the obsessive concern with being nice to Muslims. If they don't want to get bombed, they would do well to turn these people out of their midst, where they can be attacked in the open. I have never believed in trying to win over the hearts and minds of foreign Muslims, because in most cases I don't think it can work. What matters is winning militarily.

I am not particularly concerned with whether this country makes Muslims somewhere pouty by killing some of them in the course of attacking military targets. The U.S. and British forces killed about 40,000 French civilians in the course of driving out the Germans after D-Day, and no one questions that. The people in this case are much less sympathetic, because many of them are harboring and collaborating with the jihadists. Do what is militarily necessary, and stop the obsessive concern with being nice to Muslims. If they don't want to get bombed, they would do well to turn these people out of their midst, where they can be attacked in the open. I have never believed in trying to win over the hearts and minds of foreign Muslims, because in most cases I don't think it can work. What matters is winning militarily.

You avoid killing non combatant civilians at all costs when practical. You are close to arguing we should lay a Hiroshima sized nuclear weapon on Raqqa

The problem is that these guys back the winner, and they are gaining ground while Obama fiddles. Thus, our inaction lets them create the perception that they are on a roll and winning. In their little minds, they are pretty hot stuff in their little worlds.

Remember: For a man with nothing, the perception of having honor is everything.

You avoid killing non combatant civilians at all costs when practical. You are close to arguing we should lay a Hiroshima sized nuclear weapon on Raqqa

What on earth are you talking about? I never even implied anything of the kind. I was talking about destroying electric substations, sewage treatement plants, bridges, truck depots, water pumping facilities, rail lines, fuel supplies, etc. that serve Raqqa, using precisely targeted conventional bombs.

What on earth are you talking about? I never even implied anything of the kind. I was talking about destroying electric substations, sewage treatement plants, bridges, truck depots, water pumping facilities, rail lines, fuel supplies, etc. that serve Raqqa, using precisely targeted conventional bombs.

It's not that easy.

The best storage try is to start beating them on the battlefield in detail. IOW, ENGAGE THEM, then annihilate them, and make sure Al Jezera picks it up.

I have never believed in trying to win over the hearts and minds of foreign Muslims, because in most cases I don't think it can work. What matters is winning militarily.

Translation: kill the bastards and you don't have to worry about hearts and minds.

The more kids you kill now, the fewer ISIS fighters later. Hitler, Mao, Stalin, and Manson - all of them were once cute little boys.

Yes, the invisible liberal posters that live in their minds.
I don't even know why some of these people participate in a forum that includes liberals seeing as how they've already spoken FOR the liberals in their minds.
They're just seeking raw confirmation bias and mutual mental masturbation, which is part of why the political climate in this country is so screwed right now.

Translation: kill the bastards and you don't have to worry about hearts and minds.

The more kids you kill now, the fewer ISIS fighters later. Hitler, Mao, Stalin, and Manson - all of them were once cute little boys.

You seem nice.

You seem nice.

You wouldn't believe what I say about these mf***ers on my bad days.

BTW, the more I read about islamism, the more I like abortions. So that should please you, I presume.

Thanks for the complement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom