• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Christian Mingle and other dating sites MUST allow same sex matches

just another example of the lack of tolerance in society today. there is no valid reason to make this website cater to such a group.

Why would anyone support this?

Not I! But I do know people who met online (although none on a dating site) who have had marvelously happy real-time relationships.

A friend's daughter met her husband on Plenty of Fish. To each his/her own, I guess.

Why is it the right thing to do?

not discriminate against the Constitutionally protected groups

or do you disagree with the US Constitution

freedom requires that individuals can discriminate based on their beliefs. why do you disagree with freedom?

This is just another reason anti-discrimination laws are a bad idea. The idea that it's ok to force association in some cases and not others isn't logically consistent or easily understood, so you get situations like this turn up.

This is just another reason anti-discrimination laws are a bad idea. The idea that it's ok to force association in some cases and not others isn't logically consistent or easily understood, so you get situations like this turn up.

exactly what the southern democrats were saying in 1963

congratulations for a throwback reference

Why do private individuals have to cater to people against their will? Furthermore, isn't there dating sites for gay people? How is this even a need in the first place?

This is ridiculous. I am all for gays being able to marry and everything else. But the website doesn't have to cater to people that it doesn't want to. Insane.

This gonna give juice to conservative states to secede.... the UK vote also gives juice to seceding by the conservatives

exactly what the southern democrats were saying in 1963

congratulations for a throwback reference

Interesting. I suppose it's interesting then that they have been proven right dozens upon dozens of times.

More, "in yo' face", activism.

Look at the bright side. The libbos are doing a terrible job of selling their brand.

Nothing but an agenda-driven lawsuit by a couple of gays who probably never even heard of ChristianMingle.com until they got an idea to sue for some easy money with the Victim Card carefully tucked away in their pocket.

This gonna give juice to conservative states to secede.... the UK vote also gives juice to seceding by the conservatives

No I don't think so. You really are obsessed with secession.

Why do private individuals have to cater to people against their will? Furthermore, isn't there dating sites for gay people? How is this even a need in the first place?

weren't there schools for black people

why the need to integrate

let's start there

This doesn't affect me one bit, but it is a curious decision and one that I wouldn't support but that doesn't surprise me at all in our society that is gradually being ruined by progressives who continue to tell everyone that they're entitled to everything and if they don't get it, sue. I'm waiting to see if Hillary Clinton will sue the US government if she isn't elected President, claiming that the US discriminates against female candidates for President.

It's hard not to imagine there are progressive "activists" in little rooms scanning the internet and doing research, dredging up possible discrimination suits and then propping up "victims" for the legal challenge. How pathetic one's life must be that they need to pursue a court case such as this.

this system of government is broken beyond repair.

sucks to say on the 4th of July but this is ridiculous.

what next - a Rooney Rule in regards to dating? you people can't discriminate. Justbubba claims it is so in the constitution.

cookoo cookoo

I see --- so all private companies and businesses must cater to all groups no matter what?

Interesting. I suppose it's interesting then that they have been proven right dozens upon dozens of times.

glad you are willing to come out as a state's rights southern democrat willing to treat others differently only because of the color of their skin

i can sense your pride

Nothing but an agenda-driven lawsuit by a couple of gays who probably never even heard of ChristianMingle.com until they got an idea to sue for some easy money with the Victim Card carefully tucked away in their pocket.

and their willingness to be pathfinders paid off

especially so for their attorneys

let's start there

Are you upset by the black people only dating sites?

I see --- so all private companies and businesses must cater to all groups no matter what?

are they soliciting for business within the public sphere?

then yes ... but only to the protected groups, NOT all groups

let's start there

comparing government institutions to private institutions is moronic in this context

Back
Top Bottom