• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children don't deserve homosexual parents

Children have always been one of the most important parts of the worlds society. Children often unintentionally teach lifelong lessons to those who need them the most. Children have always been the next great thing in the progression of our world. The new generation that we must nurture to achieve great possibilities. But the lives of our children are at risk, a child's life is based off of a familial structure. A real family consists of a mother and a father, joined happily in marriage. The children are arguably the most important part of family. But the idea of family has been diluted by society, the prospect of homosexuality has destroyed the family. Studies show that children adopted into homosexual parentage have much higher risk factors when it comes to mental and social disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and speech difficulty. Children are so important to the future of our planet, therefore they do not deserve discordant gay parents. Because those parents can never give the child a real life, a good life, a life where they have the loving care of a mother, and a strong willed, proud father at the same time. In a homosexual relationship, the child will never be able to experience what a child needs to grow and become stronger. I am not against homosexual marriage, but I am and always will be against homosexual adoption, because I believe in doing what is best for the future generation of our planet.
I wonder, if "studies" showed that children of evangelical christian families statistically were behind their peers in educational or social performance, if you would support removing children from those families. I don't have any evidence that that is the case, and I think there are at least some studies that conclude that non-fundamentalist religion, at least, correlates with academic success in children -- but it seems possible that if current attitudes in some sects toward science and tolerance and gender roles and other facets of life in the modern world and economy continue to persist, you might see something like that in the future.

Even if it were demonstrated that children of homosexual parents tend to perform worse than those of heterosexual parents, which it has not (and the minority of studies to the contrary have been fully discredited in the scientific community and by the judiciary), that would not provide a basis a full-scale ban on homosexual adoption. Certainly there are homosexuals who make better parents than heterosexuals. Using things like sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity as a short-cut to legislate family relations is lazy and unfair and would hurt more than it helps.

Last edited:
Umm, folks....the OP was banned quite some time ago.

No need to quote that asinine drivel.

I do question why on hell's green Earth polgara "liked" that post?????

Attempt at an ironic like?

She "likes" everything.

Horsecrap. Being around both genders over extended periods of time is vastly different than having teachers of both genders.

The thing about this whole discussion is that there isn't ANY good argument against my point. There is a clear benefit to having parents of both genders that only having parents of gender lacks. It's not ideology, it's a simple irrefutable fact. The only arguments that EVER get offered up are arguing against points I never made. For example, you tried to make it sound like I was saying that was a significant lack, but I clearly stated that the size of the impact had alot of determining factors. So you're arguing against something I never said because you're so stinking PC about this issue that a simple fact gets you all twisted up.

Prove the contention that being around parents of each gender is different than having other people of the gender they may not have as a parent, in their life. Single parenting studies can't help you here because single parents are missing an entire parent not just a specific gender parent.

There have already been plenty of good arguments made against your point which you simply can't accept. You haven't even shown evidence to support your point, rather just wild subjective opinion.

And I will ask again, what does a mother, woman bring to raising a child that is important and cannot be provided, embodied by a man, father, or other woman in the child's life? What does a father, man bring to raising a child that cannot be provided, embodied by a woman, mother or another man in that child's life? Be specific so it can be discussed. This is important because by saying that it is important to have a person of each gender/sex as a parent for a child, you are saying that there is some qualities that are necessary for a child's wellbeing, wellroundedness that must be constant in their life and one/some come from men only and one/some come from women only.

Time. Aunty goes home after her visit, mom doesn't. Grandpa drops his grandson off after they go fishing, dad is there every day. Visits are not substitutes for long term co-existence.

Fathers provide time. Mothers provide time. And it isn't necessarily true that parents are there every day. I go away every year for at least two weeks. My husband went away for what was supposed to be a full year (reduced to 8 months due to an injury). And my in laws live with us, as does my own brother. My sister lived with us when my children were born. So not all families, even same sex parented ones, are just two parents and their children.

But what exactly is important about that time besides those things that are gender neutral benefits? Be specific.

Time. Aunty goes home after her visit, mom doesn't. Grandpa drops his grandson off after they go fishing, dad is there every day. Visits are not substitutes for long term co-existence.

So if "man" is a truck driver, or travels a lot for business, or is in the military and stationed in Afghanistan for a year or more...

Kid see's soccer coach, teacher, and next door neighbor more than own biological father....

Some dad's just don't spend time with their own kids. Especially in the very early formative years.

Why? What evil have the kids done?

So if "man" is a truck driver, or travels a lot for business, or is in the military and stationed in Afghanistan for a year or more...

Kid see's soccer coach, teacher, and next door neighbor more than own biological father....

Some dad's just don't spend time with their own kids. Especially in the very early formative years.

Even in regular jobs if both parents work, they need childcare. The childcare is normally going to be a woman a woman but could be a man. With working hours and family situations, parents might only get to spend 3-4 hours a day with their children anyway, especially school age children during the week. School children spend 6-8 hours a day or more at school.

Whenever I see someone try to prove their position by using the "common sense" evidence, I know they have nothing. You ask a question. The evidence is there. You don't like the evidence so you dismiss the answer. Doesn't change the answer. If all things are equal, then they are equal.

Excuse me... All things equal except having parents of both genders vs having parents of only one gender...

Common sense states that having two parents of two genders means that you get consistent exposure to different traits of both genders vs consistent exposure to the traits of only one gender. It's so simple and basic that in my opinion arguing against it is like arguing against water being wet....

Prove the contention that being around parents of each gender is different than having other people of the gender they may not have as a parent, in their life. Single parenting studies can't help you here because single parents are missing an entire parent not just a specific gender parent.

There have already been plenty of good arguments made against your point which you simply can't accept. You haven't even shown evidence to support your point, rather just wild subjective opinion.

And I will ask again, what does a mother, woman bring to raising a child that is important and cannot be provided, embodied by a man, father, or other woman in the child's life? What does a father, man bring to raising a child that cannot be provided, embodied by a woman, mother or another man in that child's life? Be specific so it can be discussed. This is important because by saying that it is important to have a person of each gender/sex as a parent for a child, you are saying that there is some qualities that are necessary for a child's wellbeing, wellroundedness that must be constant in their life and one/some come from men only and one/some come from women only.

Psychological differences between men and women | 2KnowMySelf
A Study of Psychological Gender Differences: Applications For Advertising Format by Ved Prakash and R. Caeli Flores
Emotions — Differences Between Men and Women

... or you could simply ask your average 6 year old and they can explain it to you. Men and women approach situations differently, see things differently, respond differently. This isn't opinion or wishful thinking, it's FACT, proven over and over again by peer reviewed studies carried in a wide array of nations and they ALL come to the same conclusion - men women are different in both psychological and emotional ways. Taking away the child's consistent exposure to those uniquenesses means that they miss out on the influence that they have. It's the reality of the benefits of diversity. I haven't heard one single argument against the idea that if you were able to eliminate all other differences, it is better for child to be raised with parents of two genders, rather than just one. Show me where I'm wrong instead of attacking me for things I've never stated (which was the entire last part of your post). I've NEVER stated that a single parent, homosexual parents or heterosexual parents cannot raise a child and raise her well, my ONLY assertion is WITH ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, IT'S BETTER TO HAVE PARENTS OF BOTH GENDERS SINCE WITH ONLY ONE GENDER, THERE IS A PERSPECTIVE THAT THE CHILD DOES NOT GET EXPOSED TO ON A CONSISTENT BASIS. I'm not saying that single parents can't raise great kids, I'm not saying that homosexual parents can't raise great kids, I'm not saying anything that been attributed to me in pretty much any post in this thread.

None of which has anything to do what I'm saying. Go back and read my other posts in this thread, please.

A Study of Psychological Gender Differences: Applications For Advertising Format by Ved Prakash and R. Caeli Flores

... or you could simply ask your average 6 year old and they can explain it to you. Men and women approach situations differently, see things differently, respond differently. This isn't opinion or wishful thinking, it's FACT, proven over and over again by peer reviewed studies carried in a wide array of nations and they ALL come to the same conclusion - men women are different in both psychological and emotional ways. Taking away the child's consistent exposure to those uniquenesses means that they miss out on the influence that they have. It's the reality of the benefits of diversity. I haven't heard one single argument against the idea that if you were able to eliminate all other differences, it is better for child to be raised with parents of two genders, rather than just one. Show me where I'm wrong instead of attacking me for things I've never stated (which was the entire last part of your post). I've NEVER stated that a single parent, homosexual parents or heterosexual parents cannot raise a child and raise her well, my ONLY assertion is WITH ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, IT'S BETTER TO HAVE PARENTS OF BOTH GENDERS SINCE WITH ONLY ONE GENDER, THERE IS A PERSPECTIVE THAT THE CHILD DOES NOT GET EXPOSED TO ON A CONSISTENT BASIS. I'm not saying that single parents can't raise great kids, I'm not saying that homosexual parents can't raise great kids, I'm not saying anything that been attributed to me in pretty much any post in this thread.

Those differences are not absolute nor are they required to be modeled by a full time parent for a child to be raised just as well as those where such things are modeled by a full time parent. Either they are image, which means someone doesn't need to learn them or have them full time modeled in their lives or they aren't innate and simply learned which means they don't need to be of that gender to teach them.

Excuse me... All things equal except having parents of both genders vs having parents of only one gender...

Common sense states that having two parents of two genders means that you get consistent exposure to different traits of both genders vs consistent exposure to the traits of only one gender. It's so simple and basic that in my opinion arguing against it is like arguing against water being wet....

Common sense doesn't state anything. It isn't a person nor is it some objective measure. It is subjective opinion.

Now that I have a larger device than my phone to look at the links I wanted to point out something about your links, the use of the words "generally", "in general", and "tend to", which indicate it isn't true for everyone of that gender/sex. Plus the first guy even admits that outside influences can affect how men and women can be raised to have different traits than the average man or woman that goes more towards the opposite sex (of course I don't really agree with him that it is just outside influences that do this).

And you still haven't told me exactly what a woman brings that a man can't or vice versa. Everyone has diversity. If it is diversity that is truly important than people of the same religion and family background and race should be restricted from raising children to ensure a lot of diversity there. Can't have the same political stances either.

You can't show all other things being equal not that even if it were that the diversity of genders is better than same genders. Situation of the child is also a factor as well as other things that can't possibly all be equal. As I said before, you go with what we would do if the same situation arose with two couples of the opposite sex because you nor anyone can show evidence that and generalized differences between the sexes is going to truly matter when it comes to raising children.

Its pretty simple really:

Any two parents are ok as long as:
• The child is well cared for and loved.
• The child is not sheltered to any particular lifestyle (sheltering a kid into a certain lifestyle whether it is homosexuality, religious, atheist, ethnic, non-ethnic, etc. etc.) stuns the child's social growth and makes it harder for them to deal with the real world when the time comes.

Beyond that homosexual, heterosexual, married, not married, single parent...is not devastating.

• The child is not sheltered to any particular lifestyle (sheltering a kid into a certain lifestyle whether it is homosexuality, religious, atheist, ethnic, non-ethnic, etc. etc.) stuns the child's social growth and makes it harder for them to deal with the real world when the time comes.

Beyond that homosexual, heterosexual, married, not married, single parent...is not devastating.
I'd rather have two fathers or mothers than be thrown into a adoption center where no one gave a **** about me, that's for sure.

What specific traits are they being exposed to? Why is that important? And btw "common sense" is not an answer.

This is pretty much how I feel too.
I know when I was a kid if I had had two gay parents I would probably have received endless teasing and torment from other kids. its a lot different these days though. Its still probably that way in some small communities perhaps.

This is pretty much how I feel too.
I know when I was a kid if I had had two gay parents I would probably have received endless teasing and torment from other kids. its a lot different these days though. Its still probably that way in some small communities perhaps.

I had my biological parents and was endlessly teased and tormented by other children as a kid. Kids can be cruel. Its part of life.

I'm really having a hard time figuring out what parenting has to do with what gender the parents like to have sex with.

I mean, I'm straight... and i'm not sure how that affects my parenting skills, or if it affects them at all.

I guess it could come down to gender roles ( we're pretty traditional in that department, but not entirely)... but it's not like the dishes won't get done if 2 men are married.... sandwiches will still be made... bread will still be baked... etc...etc.
I'm fairly certain a lesbian couple will still see to the lawn being mowed and minor repairs done around the house...etc..etc..etc.
( i'm just using traditional stuff as examples of gender roles, don't get all riled up)

I dunno.. I don't think this stuff really matters... as long as 2 people aren't raising up rude little entitled assholes who clamor for participation awards, it's all good.

When I was growing up in high school, quite a few years ago now, I knew someone whose mother was gay, and living with her partner. He grew up just fine, was successful, and is a doctor, with wife and kids (so it obviously didn't effect his sexuality). That was 40+ years ago, and his mother and her partner are still together. A lot of marriages between straight couples don't last as long.

I had my biological parents and was endlessly teased and tormented by other children as a kid. Kids can be cruel. Its part of life.

truth

I'm really having a hard time figuring out what parenting has to do with what gender the parents like to have sex with.

I mean, I'm straight... and i'm not sure how that affects my parenting skills, or if it affects them at all.

I guess it could come down to gender roles ( we're pretty traditional in that department, but not entirely)... but it's not like the dishes won't get done if 2 men are married.... sandwiches will still be made... bread will still be baked... etc...etc.
I'm fairly certain a lesbian couple will still see to the lawn being mowed and minor repairs done around the house...etc..etc..etc.
( i'm just using traditional stuff as examples of gender roles, don't get all riled up)

I dunno.. I don't think this stuff really matters... as long as 2 people aren't raising up rude little entitled assholes who clamor for participation awards, it's all good.

Personally, my experience with homosexual couples has been that they differ a lot. I do believe that they at least the male ones might react differently to divorce with significant changes in behavioral patterns. I have not seen any studies on that, but having watched numerous separations I suspect it might be so.

Back
Top Bottom