• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children don't deserve homosexual parents

I agree. Children do not deserve homosexual parents. Imagine how destructive that can be.

However...loving parents that happen to be homosexual? Considering some of the sorry examples of 'heterosexual parents', a kid can do a lot worse.

Well, if all these damned heterosexual parents would stop creating all these damned homosexual kids the problem would be solved toot-sweet.

Simple as that. Straight people are the problem. They keep birthing out all these damn gay kids who turn into gay adults.

;)

That paper doesn't even spell "homosexual" correctly. I don't know of a high school or college that would accept that as a valid research paper, so why should we? It references Family Research Council several times, with mostly anecdotal and opinion pieces, not actual research. It also references the thoroughly debunked (on research methodology among other things) study by Mark Regenerus.

Children have always been one of the most important parts of the worlds society. Children often unintentionally teach lifelong lessons to those who need them the most. Children have always been the next great thing in the progression of our world. The new generation that we must nurture to achieve great possibilities. But the lives of our children are at risk, a child's life is based off of a familial structure. A real family consists of a mother and a father, joined happily in marriage. The children are arguably the most important part of family. But the idea of family has been diluted by society, the prospect of homosexuality has destroyed the family. Studies show that children adopted into homosexual parentage have much higher risk factors when it comes to mental and social disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and speech difficulty. Children are so important to the future of our planet, therefore they do not deserve discordant gay parents. Because those parents can never give the child a real life, a good life, a life where they have the loving care of a mother, and a strong willed, proud father at the same time. In a homosexual relationship, the child will never be able to experience what a child needs to grow and become stronger. I am not against homosexual marriage, but I am and always will be against homosexual adoption, because I believe in doing what is best for the future generation of our planet.

There are not enough heterosexual parents to adopt all the orphans. Are you saying that the State is better than a stable, loving, two-parent household? I would disagree. And until such a point that there are enough heterosexual couples necessary to adopt all the orphans, the point is moot.

Are you married? Have you adopted?

no you're right, they deserve the screaming lunatic single mom with her bimonthly rotating boyfriend, sharing a duplex with 2 siblings like my best friend experienced. I was terrified to even visit there

when the right wing does nothing to outlaw this kind of neglect, it's obvious their intentions re: gay parenting come from pure hate

How many homosexual families do you know well?
The ones I know have strong families, well adjusted, successful kids, you know, the opposite of destroying families....whatever that means.

What's the divorce rate for hetero these days? Deadbeat hetero dads? I think people do a fine job of destroy families regardless of sexual orientation (that's a fact).

The few homosexual couples I know that are raising kids have similarly well adjusted children. Betting some of that has to do with the kids actually being wanted. Afterall homosexual couples really can't accidentally have kids.

Children have always been one of the most important parts of the worlds society. Children often unintentionally teach lifelong lessons to those who need them the most. Children have always been the next great thing in the progression of our world. The new generation that we must nurture to achieve great possibilities. But the lives of our children are at risk, a child's life is based off of a familial structure. A real family consists of a mother and a father, joined happily in marriage. The children are arguably the most important part of family. But the idea of family has been diluted by society, the prospect of homosexuality has destroyed the family. Studies show that children adopted into homosexual parentage have much higher risk factors when it comes to mental and social disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and speech difficulty. Children are so important to the future of our planet, therefore they do not deserve discordant gay parents. Because those parents can never give the child a real life, a good life, a life where they have the loving care of a mother, and a strong willed, proud father at the same time. In a homosexual relationship, the child will never be able to experience what a child needs to grow and become stronger. I am not against homosexual marriage, but I am and always will be against homosexual adoption, because I believe in doing what is best for the future generation of our planet.

You are uneducated on the issue. Research conclusively shows that children of gay parents do as well as children of straight parents. If you'd like, I would be happy to provide a comprehensive listing of this research, with brief commentary surrounding each study, so your will be more educated on this issue and will no longer make mistakes like this.

Yep. It's despicable how the left is using children as pawns in its game.

Actually, it's despicable at how uneducated the right is about this issue. People on the right like you.

Yep. It's despicable how the left is using children as pawns in its game.

Empty words that sound very scary and dramatic and mean exactly nothing.

Moderator's Warning:
Actually, never mind. I do love banning sock puppets.

The few homosexual couples I know that are raising kids have similarly well adjusted children. Betting some of that has to do with the kids actually being wanted. Afterall homosexual couples really can't accidentally have kids.

Some of it, too, might have to do with prosperity. I bet the average homosexual couple is wealthier than the average hetero home (single mothers included) by 50% or more.

Everything here is either subjective or contextual. Additionally you fail to cite and reference any study you claim exist, so that we may verify it. Children do not deserve discordant parents period, but the fact remains that discordant parents can be straight or gay, and good parents can be straight or gay. You have nothing to show, save your belief and opinion, that it is otherwise. Meanwhile there are plenty of children of gay parents, legally so or otherwise, who have turned out fine.

Note:this post was made without having read any other responses

There are not enough heterosexual parents to adopt all the orphans. Are you saying that the State is better than a stable, loving, two-parent household? I would disagree. And until such a point that there are enough heterosexual couples necessary to adopt all the orphans, the point is moot.

Are you married? Have you adopted?

I'm going to argue this particular point. What is your criteria for determining the availability of parent to the availability of orphans? Are we limited this to a one couple one child deal? After all there are couples who adopt multiple children, sometimes siblings, sometimes not.

Given the number of couples who get bogged down into the system and never get to adopt this argument becomes suspect. That is before we even consider those potentially adoptive parents who will only accept a child under a certain age. I have no doubt when it comes to straight numbers we do indeed have the availability of straight parents who can adopt.

Then we also have the issue, separate from the orphans being adopted, of the partner/spouse of a genetic parent adopting the child. This is part of the issue, but does not fall under your lack of numbers argument. Note I did not limit partner/spouse to same sex couples.

None of this post is intended to indicate the idea that I feel that same sex couples should not be able to adopt. Merely that this is not a valid argument towards, at least not on the straight numbers point.

But bisexuals can, and ultimately this is an issue of same sex couples, not homosexual couples.

Look at how many posts the OP has generated. Troll !!

While the OP is laden with fallacies, there is one simple question that it should be driving all of us to ask: With everything else being equal, is a child better off being raised in a family with parents of two genders or just one?? Now I'm pretty sure that I'll get inundated with responses that are predicated on everything else not being equal, but I hope that people will honestly look at this question and answer it honestly. This isn't asking if homosexual parents can be great parents or that heterosexual can be great parents, but rather if we COMPLETELY level the playing field, which situation is the best for the child.

So my brother is soon to be my roommate.
And this somehow means that if I have custody of my daughter then she will be damaged while in the care of my brother and I?
Instead I should give up my rights as a father and give my daughter to a "proper couple"...

I don't really see any logical point here to debate.

While the OP is laden with fallacies, there is one simple question that it should be driving all of us to ask: With everything else being equal, is a child better off being raised in a family with parents of two genders or just one?? Now I'm pretty sure that I'll get inundated with responses that are predicated on everything else not being equal, but I hope that people will honestly look at this question and answer it honestly. This isn't asking if homosexual parents can be great parents or that heterosexual can be great parents, but rather if we COMPLETELY level the playing field, which situation is the best for the child.

If that's the criteria why stop at differentiating between heterosexual and same-sex couples. Why not look at single parents? Or income levels? Or education?

To me that question misses the point completely. What matters is whether the parent or parents can properly provide for the child's physical and emotional wellbeing and I'd suggest that varies with EAC individual set of circumstances and has nothing to do with some gross measure like sexual preference or income level.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom